News Bulldogs skipper Josh Jackon poised to sign a contract that will make him a club legend

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think $450k for Elliott is a pretty low estimate I wouldn’t be surprised if they give him around $600k....
I’m blown away by that estimate really
Not doubting your source but seems a lot
Need another shandie or two after that

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m blown away by that estimate really
Not doubting your source but seems a lot
Need another shandie or two after that
Dib shit himself negotiating the last deal when Elliott’s manager said Parra and Newcastle had offered him more cash and we coughed up plenty.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can see Elliott re-signing for 400k. He's also only 25 so don't be surprised if he re-signs for two-three more years. If Jackson does move to Lock he'll be coming off the bench and 400k is a lot for a bench player.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dib shit himself negotiating the last deal when Elliott’s manager said Parra and Newcastle had offered him more cash and we coughed up plenty.
Is this the Things That Grind Your Gears thread!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true, shows how shit Tweedle Dib was.

Make Elliott work for an extension, don’t even look at his contract until end next year

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why can’t the club just wait a bit to see how he goes next year
I personally didn’t think there was enough improvement in general to warrant an extension
Maybe I’m missing something
It's the Terrorgraph mate - grain of salt re: Elliott. They're probably throwing darts as usual.
I found it interesting that Elliott allegedly being Mr. Social was among a small number of players missing at the Member Forum. There might be nothing in that, but one to keep an eye on considering the vast majority of the Top 30 were there - including Foran, sporting more bandages than a casualty ward.

The Jacko part of the story is legit as confirmed at the member forum last week where Hilly and Jacko both said publicly the club wants him to stay and he wants to stay at the club - so that deal will get done.
Jacko is probably pushing for as much as he can get given it's likely his last contract - so it's just a matter of landing on the right number for both he and the club.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy for Josh Jackson to get another deal but I wouldn't offer Elliott another deal I would prefer the likes of Javvier Pitovao Jackson Topine or Matt Doorey take his spot I'd be pissed to lose one of the up and comers because we offer him a 2 or 3 year deal people say we need some experience but you look we have a few players with a fair bit of experience eg Josh Jackson Dallin Hoppa Napa Tolman Corey Harwira-Neara Tolman there all either played for there country or state Elliott to me is just a waste of a spot in the top 30 like a few more we currently have he plays 1 good game about every 10 games I would prefer a youngster given a go

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should offer two years at 600k. That's fair.. Re-signing Elliott at all would be criminal when we could use that 450k plus on anyone else...

If they re-sign Jackson and Elliott, they would have tied up around $2 million on Napa, Jackson, Elliott and Chris Smith... That's a quarter of the cap tied up on mediocre, workmanlike forwards that you can easily find on the cheap elsewhere or from within.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy with Jacko for an extra couple of years. He probably wants three years (and I expect will get it), but I prefer just the two. We also need to move him to lock now, cause he's gonna have to go there at some point - he ain't getting any quicker. Plus he is a great 60 odd minute lock, like he showed in that origin game when Daley started him there. If he's fit, he's still got enough mobility and plenty of ability to block the middle. But edge forward? Where's the consistent offload or line break? Haven't seen those for a few years now and I don't see that changing. Please move him Pay.

If having a 60 min captain is a problem, change that, but I don't think it is. Hoppa or DWZ can easily look after things.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They should offer two years at 600k. That's fair.. Re-signing Elliott at all would be criminal when we could use that 450k plus on anyone else...

If they re-sign Jackson and Elliott, they would have tied up around $2 million on Napa, Jackson, Elliott and Chris Smith... That's a quarter of the cap tied up on mediocre, workmanlike forwards that you can easily find on the cheap elsewhere or from within.
Napa being on 650k is the problem there tho. Smith wouldn't be on much more then minimal wage. From my perspective Jackson will be 700k and Elliott 400k. Anything less is good bargaining from the club. As long as we don't offer above those figures I don't have a problem with it.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko would be up for long service too so that should help with the cap you'd think (as in, if he gets 3 years, the last year should be discounted).

Why would you be trying to tie down elliot? I'd rather play a man down.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot is like jesse lingard at man united
Only in the team cause he came through the grades

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A true champion in the old Doggies style. Jacko deserves to have his wish and play out his career as a Bulldog.

I had the impression he was losing enthusiasm, but the late season turnaround saw him re-energised - even to the point of nearly being binned for getting stuck into an opponent for a late and dirty hit. That is the the sort of aggression that inspires the younger players.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliot is like jesse lingard at man united
Only in the team cause he came through the grades
We need him for the reptiles in the media to follow, and keep up the bad headlines they desperately need to print about the Dogs.
What would they do if we all suddenly behaved? They have jobs you know.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why do people believe c Smith is on minimum? It stinks of a dud signing. Why would he rush to extend for minimum? He got a pay increase no doubt about it and grabbed it counting his blessings.

If we extend Elliott we are just pissing our “war chest” away on duds.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he signs a 4 year deal before season opener. . He will be in top 17 to ever play for dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he signs a 4 year deal before season opener. . He will be in top 17 to ever play for dogs
Looks like you’ve been giving the flux capacitor another workout. Do you take David Holland with you on your trips?