Bulldogs sign the talented Jake Averillo

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to confirm the signing of talented outside back Jake Averillo.

The 18-year old, who can play in the halves, fullback or in the centres was chased by a number of NRL clubs, but has committed to the Bulldogs for a further two seasons until the end of 2020.

Averillo was a member of the club's SG Ball side that was defeated by the Penrith Panthers in the final this year and scored eight tries and kicked 53 goals during the season.

Following the completion of the SG Ball competition, Jake was elevated to the club's Jersey Flegg side where he played three games before picking up an ankle injury in round 17 that has sidelined him since.

The injury put a stop to his chances of representing NSWCHS at the recent Australian Schoolboy carnival that saw NSWCCC defeat CHS 28-14 in the final.

"I am very confident Jake would have made the Australian schoolboys team if he was available and played at the carnival. He was in high demand, but it's a great credit to the club for the way they are preparing for the future and it's great that Jake can see the vision of the Bulldogs moving forward," said Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell.

A product of the Moorebank Rams club, Averillo has been a member of the club's development and pathway programs, as well as spending two years with the Bulldogs Youth High Performance Program.

"The club has been impressed with Jake's attitude and commitment to transition out of our development programs. We have a system here that makes sure we continue to produce those kids consistently. We need to instil good coaching, skill processes and good attitude – all the areas that make a footballer. We have to make sure that we continue to do this to make sure the kids are ready for the next level," added Pathways performance manager Andy Patmore

In 2017 he was awarded a scholarship through the Bulldogs ambassadors club who award two scholarships each year to two up and coming talented rugby league players

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/09/11/bulldogs-sign-the-talented-jake-averillo/

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yea he looks it, speed to burn as well..!! exciting player..!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Odd that they make an announcement about this.. especially after losing Talau and Averillo supposedly signing with Parra?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good renewal, but I'd have preferred the club also kept Logen Dillon in all honestly. You don't score 15 tries in 13 games being shit.

Likewise I think we've lost Kurt Picken and Tyrone Harding as well.

Hopefully the club have retained the Fuatimau brothers... both could be future Morris brothers if they continue on like they have this season.
Iverson - 7 tries from 12 (or less) games.
Compton - 9 tries from 9 (or less) games.

I know they didn't play one game, and pretty sure there were others the season the didnt due to injury.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good renewal, but I'd have preferred the club also kept Logen Dillon in all honestly. You don't score 15 tries in 13 games being shit.

Likewise I think we've lost Kurt Picken and Tyrone Harding as well.

Hopefully the club have retained the Fuatimau brothers... both could be future Morris brothers if they continue on like they have this season.
Iverson - 7 tries from 12 (or less) games.
Compton - 9 tries from 9 (or less) games.

I know they didn't play one game, and pretty sure there were others the season the didnt due to injury.
Are you basing this purely off those stats... or have you actually watched these guys. They are in your Bergamin, Carr froth basket.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Are you basing this purely off those stats... or have you actually watched these guys. They are in your Bergamin, Carr froth basket.
No I've actually seen them play a few times.

Both strong runners, light on their feet, and with massive fends. If they can carry their HMatts/SGBall form through to Flegg and beyond they'll certainly attract attention.