Official Bulldogs sign teen star

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure if posted already.

The Bulldogs are continuing their impressive build-up for 2023 and beyond, signing a promising back-rower from Ipswich.

Lynx Cliffe is only 17 but Bulldogs officials, led by respected scout Dave Hamilton, see something in him and he has signed a two-year deal with an option.

Cliffe will stay in Queensland for another 12 months, playing in the Mal Meninga Cup for Easts Brisbane and making visits to Sydney to train and mix with the big boys.

The youngster is still at school at Ipswich Grammar and he's definitely one for the little black books.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know he is young but at least we are looking at building our junior base. Had enough of paying overs for mediocre players and neglecting junior development. Would be worth it if just a hand full of these kids make it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool name, can’t really find too much about him.. wait an see I guess !!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's good to be signing promising youngsters. But realistically about 70% of the 17yo's that get mentioned as guns probably hit their highest point in high school when they were just more physically mature than others.

So again I'll say it's nice to know we're looking for players all over the place. But I'll wait until the kid plays some NRL before getting too excited.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's good to be signing promising youngsters. But realistically about 70% of the 17yo's that get mentioned as guns probably hit their highest point in high school when they were just more physically mature than others.

So again I'll say it's nice to know we're looking for players all over the place. But I'll wait until the kid plays some NRL before getting too excited.
I agree but a good sign that young kids want to come to the club. For a long time no youngster has wanted to come cause the dogs was where you would go to kill your career. A nice change that’s for sure!!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah… the last time I read that we signed a Teen Star, the kid had the name of a Ukrainian Fighter Pilot & the played dummy half

Where is this kid now?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
who the fuck calls their kid LYNX!! some "parents' " should be bitch slapped. Having said that I hope he kills it.