Official Bulldogs sign hooker Josh Cook for the next two year

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he’s a genuine 9, maybe bazz can throw him in 7. That way our 7 bbo can play 9.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it’s a case of wait and see but he is highly rated especially in the Rabbitohs forum. Seems like he has great attitude / leadership qualities which would be great moving forward. We need respectable ambassadors for the club, country kids like Josh Jackson, Matt Burton and also Luke Thompson , then we have our Indigenous faction which include Addo-Carr, Naden, BBO and Joshua Cook (he has aboriginal heritage and is good mates with the fox), then we’ve got our Tongan/Samoan faction - guys like Ava, RFM, TPJ, Chris Patolo.

I don’t think we will suffer in the leadership department. Only concern is Vaughan but if he sits back and let’s his footy do the talking I’m happy.
Also on bloke in the bar apparently Hetherington is a cracking bloke who brings all the boys together
Hetherington will be very good for the team. He shows the passion that the Bulldog forwards of the past had. We need him to stay and develop as a player.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter Cook? He was a champion jockey who won 2 Melbourne Cups didn't know he'd played for the Bulldogs.
Peter Cook was also the other half of the comedy team with Dudley Moore, I didn't he played for the Bulldogs as well.
1631080359839.png

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith said himself he wants to play hooker. Cook isn't that promising (no offence and that doesn't mean there's no chance he can make it, on the flipside Lichaa was promising and look how that turned out). JMK was our only hooker on our books for 22 (you can include BBO but he's really a halfback and Topine isn't really a hooker either) so that's the main reason why Cook was signed (limited options available now too). Anyways until Smith extends with the Storm he's our number 1 target.
Cook isn't that promising. Some very good judges must be talking shite then. Can you elaborate ?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats in correct!
Bellamy can coach on after next year if chooses to the Storm have given him that option.
My feels is that Smith will re-sign with the Storm.
Bellamy has only signed on as coach with the Storm for next season, yes he does have the option to extend his coaching role into 2023 but right now he is only signed for next season and then he has the option to reassess his position and transition into an advisory role after that.

Brandon Smith is off contract at the end of next season so I fine that somewhat revealing in that if he was going to stay with the Storm he would've signed on for longer than 1 year. As I said he and his manager hold all the cards and maximizing his worth by staying at the Storm for one more year and seeing what offers come his way from November 1 this year when he is on the open market for 2023 and beyond.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith said himself he wants to play hooker. Cook isn't that promising (no offence and that doesn't mean there's no chance he can make it, on the flipside Lichaa was promising and look how that turned out). JMK was our only hooker on our books for 22 (you can include BBO but he's really a halfback and Topine isn't really a hooker either) so that's the main reason why Cook was signed (limited options available now too). Anyways until Smith extends with the Storm he's our number 1 target.
Firstly, JMK was brought to the club as back up in the halves. Although we’d signed Famu Brown to play hooker, JMK played hooker but he was signed as a five eighth. Cook was signed because he’s a very good rake & an impressive individual-we weren’t the only club chasing him by the way but Gus proved to be the difference. Souths insiders aren’t impressed that he was allowed to negotiate with other clubs.
As for Brandon Smith, he’ll either re-sign with the Storm or he’ll be playing out of QLD most likely one of the marquee signings of the new QLD franchise…..sorry to burst your bubble.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t care for speed , just care if he can pass to the chest and read the play to understand which way to pass