Official Bulldogs sign Fa amanu Brown

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nu Brown's form was mainly better last year on the back of his darts from dummy coming off, including a couple of tries and assists on the opposition line. He's always done the same but it's never worked before and he wastes a lot of plays. Hope his better form was due to better judgement and not just a lucky streak.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont see Brown...in the 17
Brown had a very serious injury issue, and returned.
Davey had a very serious injury issue, and returned.
Ciraldo had a very serious injury issue, and returned.

All of them faced major adversity, knuckled down, worked hard, never gave up, and made it back.

Don't discount some of these signings as "cultural" - to build the foundations of the club around for years/decades to come.
It's more than just who makes Top 30 in 2023, or which recruits come in for 2024, etc
It's about (re-)finding Bulldog DNA and making sure it returns to being "How we do business around here" - it needs to permeate the walls from front office to back and everywhere in between.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing, always rated him but TK made fun of me. Good stopgap for a year with our lack of depth at hooker and no real utility in the squad. Nathan Brown next.
I don’t mind him. Won’t set the world on fire but the kid can play

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Topine's an 80 minute player. He is versatile enough and fast enough to play any of those positions (2nd row, lock, back-up hooker, and even centre at a pinch) but he is wasted on the bench.
Better off on the right edge. He was lethal there in NSW Cup (yes, I know. NRL is a step up - he handled NRL well since his debut, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest).
But, I think there is a real opportunity to come in for Jackson's role at lock. Stamina, high work rate and enthusiasm. Great tackle technique and high tackle effectiveness and efficiency. Can go the whole game. In attack, gets a fast play-the-ball.

Save King, TPJ, Thompson & Sutton for the prop rotations. Start RFM on the right edge or if he warms to the lock role, then swap him and Topine around).

I wonder if Brandon Clarke is going to get a crack 14 at some stage. If they go with Brown (is Brown even officially confirmed yet?) it might indicate some nervousness about Flanagan, since Brown can also play in the halves if they need to hook Kyle. But then, if that is the plan around team/bench selections then it probably means something's gone very wrong over the pre-season. So, we'll see what comes out for the trials.
Topine might offer something very different on the right edge compared to the left.
As for Brown, my take is that he is a like for like repla event for Joshua Cook. So might not even be in our FG plans.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Read it again fuck knuckle
If you are going to troll at least get it right
I read it five times - from left to right, right to left and upside down. I know what you said, grandpappy.

Go back to coaching your Minto Cobras Under 9s b grade team. They won’t be ready for premiership glory if you don’t put them through a tough preseason. Go get ‘em on the bus so they can start running up those sand hills.