Official Bulldogs sign Fa amanu Brown

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he will star the year in NSW Cup. Id rather Topine in 14 - 2nd row, Dummy halve, Centre utility.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright… let’s just see who gets picked for round one, shall we?
He would have to be first picked for a number of reasons but let’s see if Flanaspudgun is still being picked by the end of the year.

I have my doubts.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I do like Nathan Brown's mongrel when he gets it on but I think he won't be too cheap. Rather save the money for a good half. We already have a lot of options at 2nd row/lock. I think bring King back to lock would be ideal and he could match Brown I reckon. Gus also mentioned that Reece Hoffman is going to transition to the back-row as well. He would be more suited to lock I reckon being a bit of a ball player. I think Luke Thompson is another option and he played lock before. May suit him better and we will see his best footy. I think Fa'amanu Brown has played lock as well.

Last edited:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like Nathan Brown's mongrel when he gets it on but I think he won't be too cheap. Rather save the money for a good half. We already have a lot of options at 2nd row/lock. I think bring King back to lock would be ideal and he could match Brown I reckon. Gus also mentioned that Reece Hoffman is going to transition to the back-row as well. He would be more suited to lock I reckon being a bit of a ball player. I think Luke Thompson is another option and he played lock before. May suit him better and we will see his best footy.
I’m pretty sure Reece Hoffman is no longer with the club but I could be wrong

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He would have to be first picked for a number of reasons but let’s see if Flanaspudgun is still being picked by the end of the year.

I have my doubts.
Why would he have to be first picked? Surely Ciraldo will pick the player he thinks is best equipped to fill the role for round one. I think the ‘gun eill be there at the start of the season and I think the ‘gun will be there at the end of the season. Ciraldo won’t be like Barrett, chipping and changing players Willy nilly. At least I hope he won’t, because if he does we’ll be fucked

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope he’s really improved.
I wasn’t sad to see him go last time.
He was pretty good in the little I saw of him this year. Seems to have improved. Not sure yet though if an upgrade on flanno until I see flanno run next year in a better side (so under less pressure) and with a better coach (as long as he lives up to the hype)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Because Burton's a centre
Yeh but we all know he won't be playing there. He wouldn't have left Penrith to play centre, he was a lock in that position there.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He was pretty good in the little I saw of him this year. Seems to have improved. Not sure yet though if an upgrade on flanno until I see flanno run next year in a better side (so under less pressure) and with a better coach (as long as he lives up to the hype)
Fair enough.
I just remember being at the SCG in 2018.
We played the Chooks and Brown played 7.
He was terrible and we got eaten alive that day.
Granted it was against the eventual premiers, Cronk was in red-hot form and we had plenty of holes in the squad - it just really stood out to me how bad he was that day. But some other players have improved since moving on like Matt Frawley (somewhat) so maybe have to give Brown some benefit of the doubt too.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he will star the year in NSW Cup. Id rather Topine in 14 - 2nd row, Dummy halve, Centre utility.
Topine's an 80 minute player. He is versatile enough and fast enough to play any of those positions (2nd row, lock, back-up hooker, and even centre at a pinch) but he is wasted on the bench.
Better off on the right edge. He was lethal there in NSW Cup (yes, I know. NRL is a step up - he handled NRL well since his debut, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest).
But, I think there is a real opportunity to come in for Jackson's role at lock. Stamina, high work rate and enthusiasm. Great tackle technique and high tackle effectiveness and efficiency. Can go the whole game. In attack, gets a fast play-the-ball.

Save King, TPJ, Thompson & Sutton for the prop rotations. Start RFM on the right edge or if he warms to the lock role, then swap him and Topine around).

I wonder if Brandon Clarke is going to get a crack 14 at some stage. If they go with Brown (is Brown even officially confirmed yet?) it might indicate some nervousness about Flanagan, since Brown can also play in the halves if they need to hook Kyle. But then, if that is the plan around team/bench selections then it probably means something's gone very wrong over the pre-season. So, we'll see what comes out for the trials.