Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh im not sure, but id assume as he is permanently banned for 23 he cant train with a team, that makes sense.
It would be strange for him to be banned from professional sport,yet be able to be employed by a sporting team.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me either,off the top of my head, I can't of 1 athlete who came back after a four year ban for performance enhancers, that ever reached or surpassed the level they were at when they were caught cheating.
Lol ,Just realised you were talking about Young. He is fast, and a decent finisher
I'm doubtful about Xerri becoming the player he was destined to be after 4 years out however I'm OK with taking a chance on him at minimum wage, hopefully he comes back with something to prove.
Dom Young I do not want, I would have both Jac and Kiraz ahead of him on the wing and we have some talented centres who I'd also pick ahead of him. He wouldn't even make my first grade side and we don't need any more overpaid nsw cup players.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this one if it's true.

Maybe we are looking at him for second row to replace someone like Waddell?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm doubtful about Xerri becoming the player he was destined to be after 4 years out however I'm OK with taking a chance on him at minimum wage, hopefully he comes back with something to prove.
Dom Young I do not want, I would have both Jac and Kiraz ahead of him on the wing and we have some talented centres who I'd also pick ahead of him. He wouldn't even make my first grade side and we don't need any more overpaid nsw cup players.
I share your skepticism re xerri. Young did score 20+ tries playing for Newcastle, which is a feat in itself. He is fast and tall,2 attributes you can't really coach into a player.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I mean,in relation to him signing any type of paid contract
yeh im not sure if he has to wait until his ban ends before he can sign a contract and if the league has to approve it first.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh im not sure if he has to wait until his ban ends before he can sign a contract and if the league has to approve it first.
I can understand him being able to sign a contract for after his suspension ends. Perhaps he can sign a letter of intent.Im certain the nrl have to ratify his contract if they consider him to be clean.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can understand him being able to sign a contract for after his suspension ends. Perhaps he can sign a letter of intent.Im certain the nrl have to ratify his contract if they consider him to be clean.
yeh agree

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt we will sign him to a top 30 contract for 2023 if he can't play until 2024. I dare say it will be train and trial,to see if he can recapture his form from a few years ago,without the performance enhancers.
Are we signing Dom Young or is that wishful thinking?
He would sign for 2024 players sign a year in advance.
He wouldn't be in our top 30 for 23 because he cant train with a team until his ban finishes which is Nov 23.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this info re Xerri, he is not eligible to play until November 2023. However, he is eligible to start training with a team from September 2023. It probably doesn’t matter anyway as most clubs are finished in September, but he can start training with a team and/or in a teams facilities 2 months before his suspension ends. Additionally, he can sign with a club from 1 November 2022, with a commencement date from 1 November 2023, so a full pre season for the 2024 season.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read he can sign a contract and can train with team in 23 but can’t actually play till 24.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bronson Xerri has been living in the gym since he was suspended for testing positive to banned substances

Just wanted to share this info re Xerri, he is not eligible to play until November 2023. However, he is eligible to start training with a team from September 2023. It probably doesn’t matter anyway as most clubs are finished in September, but he can start training with a team and/or in a teams facilities 2 months before his suspension ends. Additionally, he can sign with a club from 1 November 2022, with a commencement date from 1 November 2023, so a full pre season for the 2024 season.
Under clause 10.14.2 of the WADA code, suspended athletes may “return to train with a team or to use the facilities of a club or other member organisation” during the last two months of ineligibility, meaning that despite being banned until November next year, Xerri can join a club and start training in September.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bronson Xerri has been living in the gym since he was suspended for testing positive to banned substances

Under clause 10.14.2 of the WADA code, suspended athletes may “return to train with a team or to use the facilities of a club or other member organisation” during the last two months of ineligibility, meaning that despite being banned until November next year, Xerri can join a club and start training in September.
Good, we are still chasing props..

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
It would be strange for him to be banned from professional sport,yet be able to be employed by a sporting team.
Austag has no affiliation with the NRL mate. There are no contacts or salaries paid, just register and have fun.