Bulldogs Sides Confirmed for Dragons Trial Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pumipi played some NSW Cup last year at hooker when Romelo went to first grade..

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How did Karl McNicholl go?

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know if there are any highlight videos of the game last night??

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The starting line up was listed as is apart from Josh Jackson & Sam Ahofono who were late scratchings from the team. Tupou Sopoago and Ratu Tagive started in their absence.

Marty Taupau was the standout in the first half with his bruising runs and damaging tackles. He was sin-binned late in the first after two indiscretions. One being third man in tackling the ball carrier (Sandow-like but at the ribs) and Two, catching an opposition player high on the chops.

Jake Foster played well. Ran some good lines and made a few half breaks.

It was terrific to see Tim Browne play after an injury plagued 2011! He played the entire 40 minutes and got some valuable game time which will put him in good stead for the year.

Daniel Abou-Sleiman started the game on the left wing but switched with Gerrard McCallum later in the game. He looked far more dangerous at fullback with more space to run into. Made some half line breaks. Will be promising to see how he goes in NSW Cup this year playing against men.

Ratu Tagive scored two tries. Has an afro now and won't be hard to spot out! Tall sized winger and made some powerful runs inside his own half. A question mark over his bomb defusal.

Tupou Sopoago surprised me a bit. Strong backrower who was busy and played till he was replaced in the 60 minute. One to watch in the lower grades in this year!

Kose Lelei came on to play at left centre. He has bulked up since the last time i saw him play in 2010. Still quick on his feet and was dangerous everytime he had the ball. Formed a good combo with Dean McGlinchey in the second half. Always been a versatile player who can play in the halves and/or backs.

The boys were off-loading a fair bit yesterday to create some second phase play.

All in all, it was a trial game and the boys did their bit to impress the coaching staff, where it'd be first grade, NSW Cup or NYC.

And Dessie notched up his first win in Bulldogs colours!

HSHS

Waterboy
Reaction score
game at win stadium

anyone know if there are any highlight videos of the game last night??
Well not much happened. No stand outs, but that is to be expected in trial matches. Too much solo play . 9and 6 killed anychance for expansive play by the backs. Total failure to maintain any shape. Our middle was weak towards the end with the Saints 20 tearing us apart. I think from memory he was in the NSW State Union side abot 2 years ago. Way too many errors holding onto the ball, quite a few players showed their lack of professionalism with stupid penalities, forgetting the the game at this level is shape pressure and control. One even got sent to ther bin for two woeful transgressions. However don't take this as having a go at the side the game was particularly fast in the first half but slowed in the second. I think the players who minimised their error rate will be considered by the coach and infact some have already had a quiet phone chat. cheerrs Belmore this week. Probably Abou-Slamen was worthy of a mention and played professionally. And I am not a fan of his but he went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.