Bulldogs Sides Confirmed for Dragons Trial Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will field an exciting array of up and coming talent in Saturday’s opening trial match against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Coach Des Hasler has named NRL experience in forwards Jake Foster, Marty Taupau, Tim Browne and at halfback Trent Cutler, who will combine with a host of names from the Club’s NSW Cup and Toyota Cup programs in the annual Mercury Challenge fixture.

Also named in the starting side are two graduates to the Bulldogs NRL squad in 2012 – former Toyota Cup captain Dale Finucane and fellow Junior Kangaroo Josh Jackson, who will line up at lock and second row respectively.

The 28-man squad features a number of players who have spent the summer months in full time training, including backs Cutler, Sam Ahofono, Ed Murphy, and Daniel Abou-Sleiman, and forwards Shane Pumipi, Ray Moujalli, Tupou Sopoaga, Jake Finn and Harlan Alaalatoa.

The main game kicks off at 6pm with the Toyota Cup fixture – which sees Andy Patmore’s 29-man squad taking on a Dragons side coached by former Bulldogs NSW Cup coach Justin Holbrook – kicks off at 4pm.

NRL
1. Gerrard McCallum
2. Sam Ahofono
3. Ed Murphy
4. Josh Portlock
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman
6. Chad Isles
7. Trent Cutler
8. Marty Taupau
9. Shane Pumipi
10. Tim Browne
11. Josh Jackson
12. Jake Foster
13. Dale Finucane
14. Kose Lelei
15. Dean McGlinchey
16. Karl McNicholl
17. Ratu Tagive
19. Jay Bonnell
20. Lionel O'Mally
21. Ray Moujalli
22. Tupou Sopoaga
23. Sterling Siejka
24. Lachlan Burr
25. Jake Finn
26. Junior Roquica
28. Harlan Alalaatoa
30. Steve Azzi

Coach: Des Hasler

TOYOTA CUP
1. James O'Brien
2. Eddy El-Zbaidieh
3. Dylan Rintoul
4. Louis Mackenzie-Taylor
5. Jon Sila
6. Regan Verney
7. Jay Bonnell
8. Curtley Hope-Hodgetts
9. Dean Janda
10. Solo Alone
11. Danny Fualalo
12. Jordan Jammal
13. Blake Carter
14. Frederick Robinson
15. Pio Seci
16. James Ralphs
17. Matthew ***o***a
19. Michael Ioapo
20. Andrew Shipway
21. Moahoni Lelei
22. Alex Hull
23. Henry Ah Sam
24. Ryan Wilson
25. Joshua Rainbow
26. Wilson Faanoi
27. David Minute
28. Ben Stratton
29. Kava Utoikamanu
30. Jon Taefu

Coach: Andy Patmore

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....ldogs-sides-confirmed-for-dragons-trial-games

Bulldogs News

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will field an exciting array of up and coming talent in Saturday’s opening trial match against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

More...bulldogs.com.au

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
Not a very impressive outfit. Looks like they are saving it all for Belmore.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Karl mcnicholl the prodigy is back

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the first chance for the up and comers to impress the new coaching staff and i think it's a good strategy for the early trials. I'd like to see our youngsters putting pressure on the top squad to hold their positions all season.

I've heard that Solo Alone (#10 in the Toyota cup side) isn't much of a team player

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
This is the first chance for the up and comers to impress the new coaching staff and i think it's a good strategy for the early trials. I'd like to see our youngsters putting pressure on the top squad to hold their positions all season.

I've heard that Solo Alone (#10 in the Toyota cup side) isn't much of a team player
That name is ridiculous haha!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Interesting side.. hope to see our stars play the belmore game!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
some interesting names, including eddie murphy

but who is number 17 in the toyota cup? matthew assholla?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matthew Fukofuka

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could Des could be trialling Daniel Abou-Sleiman at wing to see how he goes at an NRL level of some sort??? Because really what other positions are up for grabs apart from centre and wing?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
to see how he goes at an NRL level of some sort???
Yeh, if you can call it that. The quality of this game will be worse than a NSW Cup match, considering its the first hit-out of the year and that a lot of u20's players will be on show.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh, if you can call it that. The quality of this game will be worse than a NSW Cup match, considering its the first hit-out of the year and that a lot of u20's players will be on show.
Thats a valid statement. So, whats the point of this NRL trial game cause, in previous years we have fielded half decent teams in the trial against the dragons...

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Take a look at the Dragons side. I think the only person I recognised was Vidot

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats a valid statement. So, whats the point of this NRL trial game cause, in previous years we have fielded half decent teams in the trial against the dragons...
Beats me. In years gone past we've only had 2 trial games, this year we have 3. So I guess Des is using it to see what he has at his disposal.

I think the Belmore trial will def be closer to the first grade roster.....i hope >.<

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2487093 said:
Take a look at the Dragons side. I think the only person I recognised was Vidot
Danny de?

Status
Not open for further replies.