Bulldogs selling NTH Qld Cowboys jerseys in lead up to Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another money hungry publicity stunt bullshit from our club
they don't give a fcuk about the Cowboys they just see dollar signs and that's all they care about
come celebrate gf week at Belmore when ur team isn't even in the gf game- that will do me surely now they're taking the piss!
I agree, this is terrible.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
when they ring me up to renew my membership I'm going to tell them I'm a cowboys fan now.( vomit)

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is ****ed. These knobs running our club need to stop worrying so much about money and our image and start producing some ****ing results. If we don't get a premiership next season, imo we need a total clean out for the ceo down. Anything less than a premiership is a failed season to me..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to vomit.

What a silly decision.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should be concentrating all their energies on planning to get us our next premiership instead of this bullshit...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yay, 2 of our former players play for the Cowboys! As much as it sounds utterly stupid, at least our marketing dept are innovating to bring $$$$'s into the club.

I'm more concerned about how the football club are going about bringing premiership success into the club.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would a bulldogs fan want to buy a cowboys jersey. We are not the sort of fans who have "second favourite team" I'll be going for the cowboys but only because I want the broncos to finally taste a grand final defeat
A guy in another thread bought one to make a half and half jersey (with a dogs jersey). I seriously don't get it, but each to their own.

This whole selling cowboys jersey is just a big gimmick, and whilst I don't really care that they are trying to make a few extra dollars I wish the club would be a bit more serious than it has been lately. Everything is a joke it seems now.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no we lost in the semi final so we shouldnt try to get in on this

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we will merge clubs with the Cowboys and we might win a comp.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
I hate all this gimmicky shit the club rolls out these days.

All those shirts that they flogged around the Manly and Parra games, The Bash Brothers shirts.

How about we concentrate on not becoming a laughing stock of the league

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't really see what the issue is, its GF week, we are not in it, so, why not?

It's not like the guys in the cafe, or our CEO plays a roll in planning for next year on the field, and I can't imagine Des or the coaching staff where a huge part of this plan. I don't see the harm? (and, doing things that might make some money is 95% of our CEO's job after all).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the biggest deal in the world but it goes to show the direction the club is taking.

It's got nothing to do with the dollars - our club doesn't need money it's about positive publicity. Anything to get your name in the paper in a positive story just like the days of Todd Greenberg. Also goes hand in hand with things like the no dickhead policy that the club has adopted, everything has to be positive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Raelene get a job at NRL headquarters sooner rather than later, she is just a clone of Greenberg with no original ideas.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Might as well sell dildos and big macs while they're at it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We've completely destroyed what Peter Moore built :-(

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop whinging ffs. This won't turn any Dogs fans in to Cows fans. It doesn't mean our priority isn't Dogs 100%. It means we get to make some $$ where there wouldn't have other wise been any. It seems like you people want to live in the 80's.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stop whinging ffs. This won't turn any Dogs fans in to Cows fans. It doesn't mean our priority isn't Dogs 100%. It means we get to make some $$ where there wouldn't have other wise been any. It seems like you people want to live in the 80's.
who is "We"

Premiership or bust

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club.

In business you make money where you can. Our club is effectively creating a market where there otherwise wasn't one. Free money.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A guy in another thread bought one to make a half and half jersey (with a dogs jersey). I seriously don't get it, but each to their own.

This whole selling cowboys jersey is just a big gimmick, and whilst I don't really care that they are trying to make a few extra dollars I wish the club would be a bit more serious than it has been lately. Everything is a joke it seems now.
Biggest joke is our on field performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.