Bulldogs run their own video session after latest loss!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Odd the players even mentioned this, seems a weird thing to mention when we are the cucks of the league for defence
Nice way for the coaches to wash their hands of last weeks loss and this weeks loss.

“Players did it”
So dumb isnt it
The players cant defend and are meant to be using the system Ciro has implemented.
Getting the players to run the session is like Max King doing a session on how to fuck your missus

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reiterate our expectations vs Penrith, those desperately wanting to sink the boot into club & it’s players will be chomping at the bit for whatever agenda or reason that may be… and I’m sure your wish will be granted unfortunately - But Fu<k me, instead of all of us ganging up like schoolyard bullies, we have to find a way to back these blokes and this great club and give them some chance to show genuine improvement.

We gotta show some love to be loved back, just saying.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can anyone imagine Belamy letting the players run their own video session after such a bad run of form? Sorry, but Ciraldope is a terrible coach who takes no responsibility for his own failings.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pointless unless someone calls someone else a useless ****. If players can’t call each other out on their shit defence, that’s low standards.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"We set high standards here" Who's he kidding?
What about when he said "Those little dummy-half tries, they're not our standard. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Maybe he wasn’t being serious in the interview. The dummy half tries is the closet thing to our standard lately that there is. 10m out more times then not we conceded. And it’s normally a prop taking a settling hit up lol.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says to me that on the topic of defence, coaches aren’t really adding any value

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can anyone imagine Belamy letting the players run their own video session after such a bad run of form? Sorry, but Ciraldope is a terrible coach who takes no responsibility for his own failings.
I have no problem with it as long as the players are very much aware from the coach as to the reason why he has decided to let them run it and take some responsibility for their lazy efforts.

It is indicative of where we are tho somehow.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure coach and Gus watch over things. But overall, if the players don’t realise they fucking suck at goal line defense, there’s no saving them.

this is where I think coaches need to get involved and change things or boot em out. Sounds like the latter is happening.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol the players ran their own video session ... I bet as soon as the coaching staff walked out of the room they turned the game off and watched ghostbusters or something.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"We set high standards here, especially in defence with all the systems that Ciro is trying to help us work on. It's just not good enough."
This confirms it. CC has laid out defensive systems, the players aren't (or are unable to) deploy them properly.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rinse and repeat these players are honestly soft, well not all but most of the team are not up to the standard to carry out ciros game plan and execute it. It’s the players for me they honestly need to go pull their fingers out and have a decent crack. They have slacked off the last 8-10 weeks, you can tell from our first 10 rounds and our last 10. Ciro has the systems and tactics to achieve success but the players either by burning out or simply being lazy and have an attitude problem.
Seeing the story about Gus visiting the stabber in prison got me thinking about how a good thing to do with these guys would be to have them spend some time over the off season in the general population in one of our serious prisons. I think this would toughen up their attitude in defence for next year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have no problem with it as long as the players are very much aware from the coach as to the reason why he has decided to let them run it and take some responsibility for their lazy efforts.

It is indicative of where we are tho somehow.
I can't agree. It seems like passing the buck, to me. No way Belamy would sit back and tell players to sort it out themselves, if they were being lazy. If the issue is laziness, that's a direct reflection of a coach who is too passive and isn't tough enough to put the fear into players.

Gosh did we make a huge mistake in signing this guy. If a player underperformed so badly this joint would be calling for their contract to be torn up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can't agree. It seems like passing the buck, to me. No way Belamy would sit back and tell players to sort it out themselves, if they were being lazy. If the issue is laziness, that's a direct reflection of a coach who is too passive and isn't tough enough to put the fear into players.

Gosh did we make a huge mistake in signing this guy. If a player underperformed so badly this joint would be calling for their contract to be torn up.
Yeah there's that too lol.

It's a case of take your pick with whats going wrong with this team.