Bulldogs run their own video session after latest loss!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally wonder whether the game plan is too complicated for the players. The players also need to gel, whereas at the Panthers a lot of the players have played for years together. I hope like all of us that something works, but at the moment it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Plus a lot of players don’t have contracts after this year, maybe those guys don’t care anymore. I think the club will cull many more before the year is out or say to them you are welcome to start exploring your options. The dumbest decision i think they have made lately is letting Averillo go. He has talent and speed but let’s let him go and look for something else (which might not even exist at the moment). Panthers are teach us a lesson and the Panthers coach would love to show up Gus once again.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally wonder whether the game plan is too complicated for the players. The players also need to gel, whereas at the Panthers a lot of the players have played for years together. I hope like all of us that something works, but at the moment it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Plus a lot of players don’t have contracts after this year, maybe those guys don’t care anymore. I think the club will cull many more before the year is out or say to them you are welcome to start exploring your options. The dumbest decision i think they have made lately is letting Averillo go. He has talent and speed but let’s let him go and look for something else (which might not even exist at the moment). Panthers are teach us a lesson and the Panthers coach would love to show up Gus once again.
Gus didn't want pay for Av I wonder what he was offered at Fins

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That day was a f'ing nightmare was watching at ex's mother in law (fucking rag) and she had visitors so I had to just watch our team get slaughtered and not react like smashing her tv, what a shame I couldn't take my anger out on the rag and her visitors, at least the day ended ok getting pissed at the pub!!!
Whu would you go to your mother in law on GF day your team is playing in .. suppose to be a happy day..

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe unless you’ve bought young players through all learning these same Panthers defensive structures together from an early age, it doesn’t work ..

The problem is I don’t see any plan B ??
His plan B he leaves ... shame we cant

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The head coach earns his stripes if he can understand the rot, understand the inability of the playing group to execute the gameplan, strip it back and simplify it, and then build on it.

If they can do that, they can make their mark.

Ciraldo, like TB, have tried to implement a gameplan that our team simply cannot execute.

It's no wonder Potter was more successful in the change in attitude and gamestyle.

It's clear to me that this playing group just doesn't have the footy IQ (certainly not in key spine positions) to execute a moderate gameplan let alone a complex one.

It's also clear to me that it will take a very long time for the team to figure out how to play CC's intended gamestyle that I reckon we'll be changing coaches by then

When your team needs a rebuild, you need to get the most experienced half and brains trust into your team. And that is where we have stuffed up royally, and continue to do so.
What is this game plan people speak of? Genuine question, I have no idea. Honestly if someone could explain it to me that would be great.
Is assume it is attack? I see no plan.
We dont run shapes, we rarely push for repeat sets. We hardly ever kick deep, when we do we dont kick chase like Penrith and pin our opposition deep in their own half. Surley our 5/8 has the longest hang time in the game. I dont think there is any logic or thought to end of sets. We push passes through the hands without drawing defenders, play breaks down. We are the biggest limp dicks in attack.
I dont see any greater plan.
For example Broncos last night shut down Cody Walker. They did their homework and executed it better than any other team Ive seen for a while. Everyone knows Souths left side is dangerous and where alot of their points come from. The angry ant had fuck all space to do anything last night, got frustrated and anravelled like he always does. Broncos basket case couple of years ago seem to be playing IQ footy. People saying they are pretenders, its all Reynolds, Kevies a dud blah blah, facts are facts and they have won more games than anyone else this year and thats all that matters.

I just dont see anything premeditated in anything we do.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This^^ And that’s the whole reason Gus didn’t want him here until next year. So he had time to get some first graders into the side, CC hasn’t been able to adapt to coaching a reserve grade side in the NRL, IF CC where coaching the warriors he’d be having similar success to the other bloke IMO. He started with a very average roster that then got decimated by injury. No way I am judging the bloke on this year, next year will be different though.
He signed perham and put him at fullback lol

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He signed perham and put him at fullback lol
Perhams an actual fuckin dud! Your coach signed you cause he saw something in you and how do you show people your talent and repay him? By delivering all this fucking rubbish and errors

He is a liability and should never see first grade again

We should never sign duds that top 8 teams want let go thats how we eneded up with flopagan and perham

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we will win our last 3 games like every year. Be all excited again, Lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope the players identified line speed and commitment in defence. If we can sustain that for 80 mins no reason why our defence shouldn’t be tighter. Fair enough we have sub standard players. But defence is attitude.

Not sure if we lack attitude or fitness (probably size) but teams bust us like we are under 5s against 9 year olds.