Bulldogs Round 5 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's not his fault the team bunches in defense(well i hope not anyway) causing overlaps, not his fault the players aren't wrapping the ball up and dropping balls. yes our attack needs improving but in my opinion we need to fix our defense up and that is up to the players. a coach can only do so much
I assumed that's what they would have worked on in the off-season. Silly me.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
i think the team has figured out that we lack the firepower to match it with the big teams week in week out. we can get up for big games but can we do it in the finals 4-5 weeks in a row and can we sustain injuries during that period the answer is no and no.

it is a hard task for our smaller forwards to contain a bigger and stronger pack week in week out. they roll over the advantage line easily(unless we constantly rush them which is not sustainable for 26 rounds plus finals) and get offloads away just as easily which exasperates the problem.

we need a strong aggressive winger to come in and help the forwards (vatuvei, tuiaki, tequiri, uate, c vanu, mcdougall, quinn, tony.williams, b.morris, grothe, f.talunoa. alot of teams have a winger they can rely on for good metres. some of those teams have a pack that can dominate to complement. we have neither.)

add to that the fact players in the team are not happy with hannent's decision to chase more coin i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, not for this season atleast. we just need to tweak our pack to get pack on the right track. but i cant see that happening with the players in our roster.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
i think the team has figured out that we lack the firepower to match it with the big teams week in week out. we can get up for big games but can we do it in the finals 4-5 weeks in a row and can we sustain injuries during that period the answer is no and no.

it is a hard task for our smaller forwards to contain a bigger and stronger pack week in week out. they roll over the advantage line easily(unless we constantly rush them which is not sustainable for 26 rounds plus finals) and get offloads away just as easily which exasperates the problem.

we need a strong aggressive winger to come in and help the forwards (vatuvei, tuiaki, tequiri, uate, c vanu, mcdougall, quinn, tony.williams, b.morris, grothe, f.talunoa. alot of teams have a winger they can rely on for good metres. some of those teams have a pack that can dominate to complement. we have neither.)

add to that the fact players in the team are not happy with hannent's decision to chase more coin i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, not for this season atleast. we just need to tweak our pack to get pack on the right track. but i cant see that happening with the players in our roster.

We are skinny in the forwards, yet Moore is persisting with the bash and charge one-out run ups. What about second phase play? Offloads? Expanding the width of attack by utilising our backs?

Like I said, Moore has no answers.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Silly errors and poor decisions are 80% of our problem ATM I feel.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
They need to get together and bang out the each other's frustration. Have a truths session. Everyone gets honest and provide feedback to each other.

It's not only one thing, it's multiple things stacking up.

The number of missed tackles and offloads is horrible. Something needs to be done in defence, they are lacking technique and not wrapping the ball up to stop the second phase. Tigers will have a field day if we play as we have been lately.

In attack, we are slow off the mark and no plays are being put together. The strategies aren't working, teams have done their research and know where our strengths are. Everyone states we need to throw the ball to our backs but we simply don't have the depth. There are also no decoys in the play, it makes the defence read the side-to-side movement as easy as one would like.

R

rocky IV

We are skinny in the forwards, yet Moore is persisting with the bash and charge one-out run ups. What about second phase play? Offloads? Expanding the width of attack by utilising our backs?

Like I said, Moore has no answers.
you're a dumb internet nerd.

I would love to see you go down to bulldogs training and talk this ****, you would get put in your place very quickly.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
you're a dumb internet nerd.

I would love to see you go down to bulldogs training and talk this ****, you would get put in your place very quickly.
You're a dumb blind follower with no sense of realism.

R

rocky IV

if you go and have a look at my posts i can see some problems with our current form

but i dont go around carrying on that moore should be sacked or that i know all the answers to fixing these problems

thats why they are football coaches becuase they know what they are doing, you just talk **** because you are a bad loser.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
if you go and have a look at my posts i can see some problems with our current form

but i dont go around carrying on that moore should be sacked or that i know all the answers to fixing these problems

thats why they are football coaches becuase they know what they are doing, you just talk **** because you are a bad loser.

The whole point is, he doesn't know what he is doing. Same week, same problems, same plays (whatever you wanna call em) etc etc. Up till now, he has no answers. That is fact. You only have to look at the on-field performances.

And as coach, the buck stops with him.

R

rocky IV

yeh but the funny part is that he doesn't answer to our own version of parra supporters. he answers to the board and they are quite happy with him giving him an extension

but if whining like a ***** on the internet makes you feel better then by all means keep going

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Do I care what the board think? I don't have to agree with them. I am simple expressing my personal opinion bout Moore.

And quite simply, he has no idea.

He had it easy last year. We over-achieved even by our own expectations. This year he was brought back to earth with a thud.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moore said the boys need to start playing like a fair dinkin footy side

WFT is a 'Fair Dinkin" FOOT SIDE KEV

say that "SOME" players are playing like a bunch of soft C**Ks and they need to improve

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone needs to drop their bias and admit this year we have a dud coaching a dud team who are playing like poodles instead of Bulldogs, apart from Barba, they are all disrespecting the Blue and White jersey

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Start slapping the players at Half-Time if they're not performing.

Show them you're serious!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Moore furious after Warriors knock the Dogs down at death
ADRIAN PROSZENKO
April 11, 2010

Vote .
The Warriors players celebrate after the winning try by Lance Hohaia. Photo: Getty Images

Canterbury Bulldogs 24 New Zealand Warriors 30

KEVIN MOORE delivered the first spray of his NRL coaching career after his underperforming troops conceded a last-minute try to the Warriors last night to continue their miserable start to the year.

Warriors fullback Lance Hohaia scored with just 43 seconds left on the clock to break a 24-all deadlock and consign Canterbury to a 1-4 start to the season.

Click for more photos
Brett Kimmorley of the Bulldogs is tackled. Photo: Getty Images

..The paint was coming off the walls in the Bulldogs dressing room afterwards.

''Once again, it's a game we should have won,'' Moore said.

''Probably for the first time, I gave it to the boys a little bit. I'm disappointed in some things that I believe were created around this club over the past 12 to 15 months that we prided ourselves on, certainly on-field performance last year.

Luke Patten of the Bulldogs reacts after his side loss. Photo: Getty Images
''They're the things we're lacking in at the moment. I'm a little bit sick of individually saying that blokes tried hard but as NRL footballers, we are not performing as a team. We're not putting it together as a team.

''We need to be a lot better at playing like a fair-dinkum football side instead of as individuals.''

The Bulldogs fought back from 12 points down midway through the second half to even the ledger and looked set to continue the trend of come-from-behind victories. But NSW candidate Brett Kimmorley muffed a field goal from point-blank range with less than four minutes left - and Hohaia touched down in the dying seconds - to leave Canterbury near the foot of the ladder.

''We're not bringing what we do Monday to Friday on a Saturday so we deserve everything we're getting,'' Kimmorley said.

''As [Moore] said, energy doesn't win football games. We need to execute properly otherwise we're playing like D-graders.''

The Bulldogs were missing six key forwards - including three first-choice props - due to injury. However, the Warriors also had plenty of troops in the casualty ward. Retiring Warriors skipper Steve Price, who was honoured by his former club throughout the night, was on the sidelines along with Micheal Luck, Simon Mannering, Jerome Ropati and Brett Seymour. Brent Tate must have felt like Steve Bradbury when coach Ivan Cleary approached him to take on the captain's armband for the first time. He didn't disappoint, scoring his side's first try.

Manu Vatuvei, wearing the No.20 jersey, was a shock inclusion for the Warriors. Neither a hamstring injury, nor the Bulldogs defence, could stop him from posting a 24th-minute try. But the Kiwi international succumbed to his hamstring injury and was subbed off shortly after half-time.

The Bulldogs threatened to steal the match with two tries in the space of three minutes before utility Lewis Brown kicked ahead in the dying minutes, Dogs fullback Luke Patten couldn't clean up, and Brown offloaded to Hohaia.

Moore, who signed a two-year extension earlier in the week, admitted he faced the first real test of his NRL coaching career.

''It's a challenge for everyone in the club and certainly as head coach you're responsible for that,'' he said.

''We need to work even harder than we have been. The biggest thing we need to do is pull together as a unit.

''There are some fundamental things around our football and out … for some reason, over the last few weeks, we're not sticking individually to what we do well. Blokes are straying away from that and we need to sort of wake up to ourselves in what we do.''

Poll: Will the Bulldogs qualify for the finals in 2010?
Poll form
Please select an answer.
Yes
No

View results

Yes44%
No56%
Total votes: 760.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Moore is getting exposed for the fraud that he is.

I bet you that we will have the same old bullsh!t "gameplan" against the tigers and will get done by 40

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at the press conference after the game what disgusted me most was the sight of Andrew Ryan, almost in tears, saying that he - the captain - doesn't know what's going on. He should be taking responsibility and strongly committing to a big turnaround, with a positive outlook for a winning streak. Not crying in his cups.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Kev puts hickey into the team next week
all the abusing and disapointment will just go over the heads of the players because
why would any player take Kev seriously if he puts hickey into the team

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
while i am as disgusted as anyone as of our warriors game and the past few the lot of u blokes need 2 have a good think. moore does cop some blame but seriously he cant make them put in and go the extra yard. the missed tackles, the dropped balls, the missed crap by the refs the last few weeks have been terrible. bobcat needs to ****in do something or step down and probz retire because hes been just about the worse. i hate seeing hickey in our line up he is a big waste but seriously with paea, hodgson, halatau out what should we do? that young bloke that played for us taufau or whatever did absolutey nothing just like hickey. the only props who deserve a spot next week is armit ,hannant and browne. he did exceptional for his first game. warburton has some good patches, ryan did nothing and staggs been on n off although solid in deffense. barba, idris and turner have been good for us most the year. patten, goodwin and morris have been so hot and cold although goodwin more cold. roberts and noddy in the same boat and ennis is driving me nuts with his preformances lately.

we dont have any offloading ability. no one is putting in the deffense except stagg and hannant and browne the other night. idris is trying to put so many big hits on. deadset our best player has been between barba and turner no questions.

id say this week the buck stops.

1. Patten
2. Turner
3. Idris
4. Morris
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Armit
11. Warburton
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Barba
15. Browne
16. Gordon
17. Williams

if hodgson or paea are ready drop williams and tell ryan, roberts, kimmorley, warburton, ennis, morris, goodwin, patten its time 2 stand up!

and browne and hannant and armit to ****in lead!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least Moore wasn't happy and "up-beat" this time. We might actually see a change in attitude........hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.