Opinion Bulldogs' Retention/Recruitment Team - Loyalty in the NRL

Should the Dogs have held onto Cleeland and Woolford for 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s business the club themselves are the same , they have zero loyalty to the player , it’s a meat market
Hence why league died in the 90s. It went from passion to paycheques

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I disagree in that "Nor should there be" in regards to your comment on loyalty. I believe it is everything and furthermore it is possible to have.....it's a choice thing and it's something that distinguishes a person in life. It is possible in sport it just needs strong leadership, that's the lacking part in the NRL. If the NRL bosses tied it up so contracts were actually met then this would be solved tomorrow!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Woolford ends up at Newcastle, it will mean that he did not want for to sign with us and play for our club, and the SL story about playing under his father was just a diversion.
I liked the kid but he was a raider anyways, never a true bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That was the last great decade of RL in my opinion.
For my age (26 now) I felt league changed for the worst from what I knew at the beginning of 2007. The real beginning of the wrestle

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Woolford ends up at Newcastle, it will mean that he did not want for to sign with us and play for our club, and the SL story about playing under his father was just a diversion.
How can you say that when the club let him go

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunnno but we are fucked... watch us somehow get rid of Foran and replace him with Mitchell Moses... fucking shambles
Oh god don't even mention that. A one legged foran is still better than moses

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously if Newcastle are prepared to fork out 4.6M over 4 years they are delusional. Klemmer is a 600-700K a year player at best. It’s the 3rd time apparently Klemmer has asked for a release. The Dogs should let him go.
At that price Klemmer will be on more than Taumololo!!
If he’s worth that, what is Tevita Pangai jnr worth ?
Two million a year ?

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it om
Our club and many of us as fans including myself find it hard to get our head around the media's agenda, which has been directed against our club. While the siege mentality galvanises us our club's staunches supporters, it will undermine our fair weather fans and adversely affect the moral of some of our players.
If the Klemmer report is true then those responsible would be congratulated themselves for a job well done.
If it in not true then the media skum are still working away at it, determined to win in the end, just like they did with SBW, Mason and Barba.
We as fans must encourage our club to consider a contingency plan, because the agenda of hate is too well entrenched to stop.
I have heard from an extremely extremely reliable source that there was an agenda against our club by the Newscorp bullies to black list any good stories about us and go extra hard on any negativity all due to us being the most vocal club in supporting the Bunnies coming back into the NRL. That’s what shits me a little about how bad sports they were when they bagged us whilst winning in 2014. We’ve taken a bullet for them... still, we did the honorable thing for mine

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have it om

I have heard from an extremely extremely reliable source that there was an agenda against our club by the Newscorp bullies to black list any good stories about us and go extra hard on any negativity all due to us being the most vocal club in supporting the Bunnies coming back into the NRL. That’s what shits me a little about how bad sports they were when they bagged us whilst winning in 2014. We’ve taken a bullet for them... still, we did the honorable thing for mine
Can you please pm me some more info on this? I too remember that we were very supportive of them returning to the NRL at the time. Interesting that newscorp decided to blacklist us because of it.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I respect the guy, obviously he looked disinterested for a while, but never lacked in effort, id rather him go in good spirits than hang on too long, we need halves and back more

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have lost more top line players than any other club in the last 15 years. Its a shambles.

The likes of Thurston, Anasta, Asotasi, SBW, Mason, Barba, etc etc have all been lost for various reasons. Now throw in Klemmer, Reynolds, Graham, Kasiano, Morris brothers, etc

In a players poll the other week the dogs were one of the least attractive clubs to come to. When so many of your top line players leave there is something very off

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The easiest fix would be for the NRLto hand down punishments for tampering, preferably cap wise
That makes sense to me but we are talking about the most inept leadership group that the game has had in recent history.

They are blinkered and reactive rather than pro active. They love to consistently pat themselves on the back for their decisions, some of which have been clangers.

They will say that no direct approach came from the club but I can't understand that because someone has had dialogue with them. Maybe the infamous Peter Brady has been on the job again....

upload_2018-10-29_17-6-4.jpeg

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you say that when the club let him go
You must have info that it was our club who didn't want him, so I'll believe you, however with some reservation.
Can you please pm me some more info on this? I too remember that we were very supportive of them returning to the NRL at the time. Interesting that newscorp decided to blacklist us because of it.
Their is far to much negative publicity against our club for it to not be true. That's why our club has to look for a possible contingency plan.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have lost more top line players than any other club in the last 15 years. Its a shambles.

The likes of Thurston, Anasta, Asotasi, SBW, Mason, Barba, etc etc have all been lost for various reasons. Now throw in Klemmer, Reynolds, Graham, Kasiano, Morris brothers, etc

In a players poll the other week the dogs were one of the least attractive clubs to come to. When so many of your top line players leave there is something very off
Thurston was our clubs falt.
Anasta was past his best, and IMHO was only average.
Asotasi wanted to stay but the club couldn't or wouldn't make him an offer.
SBW and Mason were turned against our club with some clever psychology.
Barba to may have been white anted by outside forces, but was a shit head anyway so well never know..

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
There's no way Klemmer will knock back 1.2m a year.. And do you blame him?...He was never going to win us a premiership anyway..Halves and fullbacks do...

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most players lost have been natural attrition, ie not good enough anymore or trouble for the club eg jt coffs

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry, I just can’t put names out, I guess that’s the hard thing here, everything is open and putting anything in writing is a risk. It was from a very prominent employee who worked in that era. It’s just how the Bulldogs led the charge to help souths out. Others eventually joined in the cause but we were front and center and those bastards in the media turned their attention to us due to it. They still haven’t killed us though!!