Bulldogs Require Spinal Surgery

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree and that’s why I’m waiting for the transfer window to close. I simply can’t believe these issues have been ignored. If they have, that’s likely when any support I’ve shown for staying the course will waver. Until then...
Its a big job ahead of them and they have no other choice but to get it done.

This is where missing out on the likes of Api comes back to bite hard because it would have been one piece of the puzzle sorted.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson has been very disappointing. He doesn't even lead by example. The whole team just look so so flat in both attack and defense.
Game one we looked very good in defense, but games 2 and 3 we just look totally disinterested. The body language of the playing group at half time was terrible. They had completely given up!
In all fairness that entire right side was quite last night. Cogger - Jackson - Hoppa - Crichton

Cogger was poor but all of the attacking ball went to Lewis and Tolman.

It was clear as daylight, Pay ordered all of the attacking ball to Lewis

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Its a big job ahead of them and they have no other choice but to get it done.

This is where missing out on the likes of Api comes back to bite hard because it would have been one piece of the puzzle sorted.
Yes. However I don’t blame the club for Api, they were gazumped there - very little you can do about that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree and that’s why I’m waiting for the transfer window to close. I simply can’t believe these issues have been ignored. If they have, that’s likely when any support I’ve shown for staying the course will waver. Until then...
As much as I want to support our team and coach, they are simply not improving or showing me anything that says they deserve to have our patience and support. The gloves are not off for me, but I'm just numb. I didn't even get angry or yell at the tv last night. I just school my head in total and utter disappointment. I was convinced our cowboys match was just a very bad night, and we would return to our round 1 form and at least show enough heart to compete. sadly we were just terrible, yet again. Disinterested, lacking of any heart or creativity, and simply boring as fuck to watch. The only effort/excitement (can I even say that?) Came from our bench. This is very worrying in itself, and if Pay choses the same starting side this weekend my gloves will be off I'm sorry to say. I won't unload like some the d ickheads on here and call Pay a fat useless count etc etc, but he will no longer have my support and i won't be defending him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. However I don’t blame the club for Api, they were gazumped there - very little you can do about that.
Yeah stuff like that happens in footy and we are feeling the knock on effects of it now. That's why going out and buying the pieces we need is going to be very a hard task.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I want to support our team and coach, they are simply not improving or showing me anything that says they deserve to have our patience and support. The gloves are not off for me, but I'm just numb. I didn't even get angry or yell at the tv last night. I just school my head in total and utter disappointment. I was convinced our cowboys match was just a very bad night, and we would return to our round 1 form and at least show enough heart to compete. sadly we were just terrible, yet again. Disinterested, lacking of any heart or creativity, and simply boring as fuck to watch. The only effort/excitement (can I even say that?) Came from our bench. This is very worrying in itself, and if Pay choses the same starting side this weekend my gloves will be off I'm sorry to say. I won't unload like some the d ickheads on here and call Pay a fat useless count etc etc, but he will no longer have my support and i won't be defending him.
I hear you mate, believe me. It hurts.
We all hate seeing our beloved Bulldogs in such a sad and sorry state. I’ve been very pragmatic in my support of the path back from purgatory (regardless of the individuals). They need to deliver for 2021 and the benefit of the doubt will remain for me for a little bit yet. In the meantime that likely means enduring some more sorry performances. I remember feeling this way in 2008 and then the ship turned...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo - This would work. He has ball playing skills and speed. Exactly what you want a fullback to have in the modern game. It's really a second 5/8th. Fitness will take some time. Could always spell him while he is getting up to speed with DWZ and himself swapping roles.
2. DWZ - This is your blinding speed side. Hard but I put him at wing cause I think on 5th tackles he is better in the air and better taking the ball back from kicks.
3. R.Smith - Jury still out on his centre ability. Might play better when the halves are better. His speed and having another just outside him would mean you need to get him early ball so he can use it to great effect.
4. Hopoate - Eventually we will need to get faster here. But every other skill he has is great.
5. ?? - Best of the average bunch left over.
6. Foran - You need a leader. If he stops getting injured he would provide that direction in the backline.
7. Wakeham - He is better than anything else we have and looks to have a next level, that Lewis and Cogger don't.

Just focusing on what we have currently and would fix the team quickly.
For a short term fix, I would have 1 Meaney, 2 DWZ, 3 Hoppa, 4 Harper, 5 Smith. If DWZ and Smith don't like playing on the wing let them go ASAP.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much better, but there's not as if they don't have improvement in them with a better half in the side and much better systems in place. One of the biggest disappointments is Jackson, knew the club should not have offered him that big deal, probably part of the problem at the club.
Jackson has burnt himself out carrying the team all these years.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant see how anyone gives support to Hopoate. I have been saying this for years, and it is now more
obvious than ever that he is not qualified to be a centre.
There really is no place for him in the team. I dont care about his "silky" hands, its the other stuff
that he doesnt execute to an acceptable standard.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even I must admit DWZ looked like a deer in the headlights last night.

Also Smith is starting to look like Krisnan Inu, lazy.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it we don't have the talent but half the problem is we don't have a coach to recognize who is best suited to what position

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hear you mate, believe me. It hurts.
We all hate seeing our beloved Bulldogs in such a sad and sorry state. I’ve been very pragmatic in my support of the path back from purgatory (regardless of the individuals). They need to deliver for 2021 and the benefit of the doubt will remain for me for a little bit yet. In the meantime that likely means enduring some more sorry performances. I remember feeling this way in 2008 and then the ship turned...
I don't mind him seeing out the year, but if our performances don't improve then the club needs a big shake up.