Bulldogs Require Spinal Surgery

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a gold member I’m sick of seeing my team struggle to show any creativity.

Management should realise by now to put all your money and invest in a quality 1,6,7,9.
That’s it no more forwards.
Get those numbers above to do what they are supposed to and we will score points.

a fullback that can pass and offload ,a 7 that can take the line on.

Cogger and Lewis are reserves at best and poor wakeham is still growing into first grade.
Anyone agree with me?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I know OP is dabbling in the Shady world of symbolism with his spine needs surgery Comment, but I think in Forans case it is literal.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know about spinal surgery but I’m going to need a frontal lobe labotomy to keep watching them

Reactions: DT

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What experienced 1, 6, 7 and 9 can we buy off contract. Friend for hooker but that's about it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know about spinal surgery but I’m going to need a frontal lobe labotomy to keep watching them
Lol, now that’s nasty.. wouldn’t even wish one of those on my worst enemy :tearsofjoy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw 1.1m at Munster, 1m at Keary and 700k at Brandon Smith. That'd be all of our salary cap gone. 1, 6 and 9 sorted and Wakeham has the infrastructure around him to develop.
And Averillo will shine in that attacking pack, wouldn’t that be an epic purchase, what a team.!!!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham

Find a 1 & 9 and than find another centre, winger, 2 backrowers and a prop

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham

Find a 1 & 9 and than find another centre, winger, 2 backrowers and a prop

4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
10. Thompson
11. David Fifita
12. Bateman
13. Jackson

14. Napa
15. RFM
16. Elliott
17. JMK

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot see us signing an established player to fix our spine and backline. We need quality youth there that's all we can do.

1. Averillo (not many good fullbacks on the market, try make this rare talent our answer)
2. S.Katoa (strong, fast, quality finisher and cheaper than Addo-Carr)
3. Alomati (he's not ready yet, Hoppa holds his spot until the boy is primed)
4. Smith-Shields (quality young centre at Canberra stuck behind plenty of quality especially if Cotric stays)
5. S.Crichton (I know this boy is a centre however I think he can be the next Daniel Tupou with alot more talent)
6. Biondi-Odo (young raw talent, let him run and play on instinct. Would be nice to snare and established star though, very hard spot to fill tbh not many quality 5/8s around imo, if Foran wasn't glass wed be good)
7. Wakeham (just needs to be given a fair go)
9. Grant / B.Smith / McInnes (no excuses we must land one of these players)

These are just examples off the top of my head. There are plenty of options out there and the club needs to explore them instead of hoping our shit players will rise to the occasion... Like why play Remis at centre when we can play Schoupp or Harper to see where we stand in recruitment ... this same issue is relavent to our spine and it's frustrating

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: we need Foran at 6 wakeham at 7 and Lewis at lock. Meaney to fullback. Dwz to wing and averillo to other wing. Keep with centres. Those boys just need room to move and fix and wakeham will bring that. Toamaga needs to start and tolman time has run out. We need Elliot RFM and ogden and utility coming of bench. ( bring grub home ) Harper news to come in if DZW goes to stop his bullshit

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weve been copping it rectally for years... Need a proctologist also..

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough farting around. Throw massive money at Grant or B Smith. We missed Robson already, we can’t stuff this!

Foran I’d be inclined to keep now as there isn’t much out there and Fark me, will he get a lucky break with injuries soon?? Down the track a gun half will hit the market again.

wakeham we need at 7 now. We’ve resigned him. Other clubs were sniffing. Tell him it’s his now and see if he’s really got it.

Averillo could be our find for FB. Get him regular time there. Maybe 5/8 in a few years.

Lewis... I see people’s frustration here. The kid is all heart though AND tough. He is one of our strongest defenders. Teach him to pass a little from dummy half and he’s a handy 14. Covers 6,7,9,centre or back row. He’s not the best, but I honestly believe he’s in our best 17.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enough farting around. Throw massive money at Grant or B Smith. We missed Robson already, we can’t stuff this!

Foran I’d be inclined to keep now as there isn’t much out there and Fark me, will he get a lucky break with injuries soon?? Down the track a gun half will hit the market again.

wakeham we need at 7 now. We’ve resigned him. Other clubs were sniffing. Tell him it’s his now and see if he’s really got it.

Averillo could be our find for FB. Get him regular time there. Maybe 5/8 in a few years.

Lewis... I see people’s frustration here. The kid is all heart though AND tough. He is one of our strongest defenders. Teach him to pass a little from dummy half and he’s a handy 14. Covers 6,7,9,centre or back row. He’s not the best, but I honestly believe he’s in our best 17.
Lewis needs to be released along with another handful of players

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No point having a great spine if your forward pack is not going forward. Manly showed last night how a strong forward pack can allow the back line to run riot.
Our problem is all over the park at the moment.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a gold member I’m sick of seeing my team struggle to show any creativity.

Management should realise by now to put all your money and invest in a quality 1,6,7,9.
That’s it no more forwards.
Get those numbers above to do what they are supposed to and we will score points.

a fullback that can pass and offload ,a 7 that can take the line on.

Cogger and Lewis are reserves at best and poor wakeham is still growing into first grade.
Anyone agree with me?
They don't lack effort; but they sorely lack skill and fitness. They try, but they are outclassed. Nobody has put any thought into making the best with what we have, or motivating them to work as a team.
No pressure on an opposition, and no urgency in attack.