News Bulldogs reportedly set to target Nick Cotric, Harry Grant as part of club overhaul

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric is a must, especially at 600k. You're getting a 21 year old star who will have played close to 100 first grade games before his 22nd birthday and already represented his state and country. I don't know why some think he can't play centre, he was one of the best junior centres coming through the grades and even played a bit of fullback coming through. The kid is built like a tank too.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how’s the “$1m Foran Experiment” working out?
Just throwing money at a problem, it just creates another one. You need leadership & plan well executed.
worked out , they finally got there target :laughing:

how often he has played or performed is different story , but they got him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Disagree Cotric runs hard and breaks tackles and is pure effort ... Remis is lazy doesn't run hard and only shows up on the rare occasion to catch a punt close to the line
Reimis just has height and speed (haven't seen it recently). He doesn't have a fend or break tackles. He's a hog that doesn't promote second phase play. Unless he can get some of these traits and improve in these areas he's just going to be a winger that finishes tries or gets put into space from play makers creating numbers. There is also nothing wrong with that if he's on close to minimum wage.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cotric is a must, especially at 600k. You're getting a 21 year old star who will have played close to 100 first grade games before his 22nd birthday and already represented his state and country. I don't know why some think he can't play centre, he was one of the best junior centres coming through the grades and even played a bit of fullback coming through. The kid is built like a tank too.
Why did the Raiders sign Scott if he's such a good centre?

We're going to take a guy who can't replace Leilua and offer him centre money lol. Raiders are a top 4 team they aren't mugs if he isn't good enough for centre I'd trust them more than our dud-cruitment.

This has got DWZ written all over it. We sign him to play a position he isn't suited to and when the experiment fails he ends up back to his original position on big money.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We're going to take a guy who can't replace Leilua and offer him centre money lol. Raiders are a top 4 team they aren't mugs if he isn't good enough for centre I'd trust them more than our dud-cruitment.

This has got DWZ written all over it. We sign him to play a position he isn't suited to and when the experiment fails he ends up back to his original position on big money.
There's merit in your point. All I can add is we are due for some good fortune similar to when josh Morris wanted to be a a centre at the dragons and we struck the gold.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's merit in your point. All I can add is we are due for some good fortune similar to when josh Morris wanted to be a a centre at the dragons and we struck the gold.
It's worth the risk because there's next to nothing off contract available and I'd rather take that small risk (imo) than sign someone like Aitken or Moga.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They had had the chance to add Scott and so they did, with Cotric going so well on the wing, they had that luxury. Cotric was next in line for a centre position in game 2 of Origin last year, with NSW only choosing Jmoz for his experience. He played a few games at centre last year, and he killed it, check the stats.

Again, he grew up playing centre and fullback, he knows the position. In his four seasons in first grade, he has been top 5 in the comp for tackle breaks in three of the 4 seasons, he is a stud.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Theres a chance of that.
Wouldnt read it like you do tho. Just think hes a very good winger and a ctr like scott was available.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’ve called niu overrated after 2.5 nrl games
I don’t need to say more About that

I agree with your last sentence though 1 million percent
Would take niu and Herbie in a heartbeat

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's worth the risk because there's next to nothing off contract available and I'd rather take that small risk (imo) than sign someone like Aitken or Moga.
Yeah I agree.
And the players we've been linked to this time seems to make the most sense to our needs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reimis just has height and speed (haven't seen it recently). He doesn't have a fend or break tackles. He's a hog that doesn't promote second phase play. Unless he can get some of these traits and improve in these areas he's just going to be a winger that finishes tries or gets put into space from play makers creating numbers. There is also nothing wrong with that if he's on close to minimum wage.
Yeah for me with remis its more his laziness he prances around like hes gi but so lazy in defence

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The fact that the Raiders signed Scott saved us from one of the biggest dud buys ever. People here wanted to sign him but as I said there were off field issues that were shall we say put aside. The Storm would have certainly kept him if he was worth it. Raiders wanted him for the centres and they have him.
Cotric is a strange one. Initially used as a winger by the Raiders and then got a bit of time in centre/ fullback when circumstances dictated but this year in his proper position....winger.......if we sign him he needs to play wing......and be paid accordingly....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats all we need. Another winger wanting to play centre on big bucks. Put a line through him if that's the case.