News Bulldogs recruitment for 2022 a case of high risk for high reward

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think that counting all these signings with some errors in their past that we're kind of getting back to the field with a similar number of players with past indiscretions as many other clubs.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't use this article to wipe my arse with. It's too "risky". What a pathetic piece of journalism, seriously!!

It goes to show that people out there don't want to see us succeed.

The Dogs are coming!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually was in Souths junior system at the very beginning
Yeh got sack from Souths. I think he got sacked from Cronulla u20s too but not sure.

I remember when he first went to the storm. Was your typical nobody player. Went there as nothing leaves as the best in the comp. hopefully it wasn’t just the storm effect and he keeps his form up if not takes his game to bigger heights here :hearteyecat:

One thing about JAC is he is deceptively strong. A lot of the time it’s his strength rather then his speed that makes him the player he is (not that his speed and acceleration isn’t a huge asset).

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board have been pretty transparent that the recruitment drive isn’t stopping for 2022 I’m expecting another 3-4 signings.
If you mean 3-4 signings on minimum or close to minimum wage. I agree. Without moving on players already signed however, we don’t have the cap space for any more big name signings for 2022.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean 3-4 signings on minimum or close to minimum wage. I agree. Without moving on players already signed however, we don’t have the cap space for any more big name signings for 2022.
Cap wise yes we will need to move on Flanagan which I hope we will, also players like Stimson, Allen and Elliot. Those players take up over a million on the cap and are reserves. I think Elliot will come good off the bench but is more injury prone than Ray and costs too much. I trust Gus will get rid of those type of players and accommodate a signing like Brandon Smith.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we might see some big decisions made at the end of the season on some of our contracted players, especially if we want some money to spend in November.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Curtis Scott looks like he'll be shown the door at Canberra. He would be a risk that could pay off. He'd be cheap too given his recent indiscretions. I know he's prone to the occasional fuckwit attack but who wasn't in their early 20s.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curtis Scott looks like he'll be shown the door at Canberra. He would be a risk that could pay off. He'd be cheap too given his recent indiscretions. I know he's prone to the occasional fuckwit attack but who wasn't in their early 20s.
He would be an excess to requirements. We don’t need him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a reason Penrith are only willing to bring TPJ on in a low-risk, short-term deal. There's a reason the Tigers and Dogs were the only teams chasing his services despite his match-winning qualities.

There's a reason the Broncos, who are in the process of a complete rebuild on and off the park have chosen to allow a megastar of our game to walk away, prioritising a culture shift over offloads and metres.
What's the reason?