Bulldogs Private Jet

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect but the patriots,Celtics and jets are billion dollar + franchises..I love our bulldogs but we struggle to even get a decent jersey sponsor..
This.

You simply can’t compare any NRL team to the big budgets of the NFL and NBA teams…. But, the thought is pretty cool.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was still shocked the first time I seen a NRL team on a commercial jet, even always flying business even on shit 1 hour flights (4 seats a flight understand why they don’t) them sitting economy blows my mind the cost to charter jets really isn’t as much as people think it is, we do it between Cali and Nevada each time we go between 4 of us just for the experience.

The more people you’re flying with the cheaper it becomes, put the starting pack on one and throw the rest of the staff on a regular plane.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a reason Australia’s private jet market is tiny: population. We don’t have the demand the US and Europe do. Companies like Airly created a subscription model for private flying but I don’t see how that translates to Aussie sports teams who don’t travel as much as US teams do, not to mention the airlines discount aggressively to carry the entire league eg: Virgin for the AFL. The best test case for the NRL might be the Warriors - they probably fly the most throughout the season so if they can make it work maybe there’s a model for other NRL clubs. As for the glamour, yeah cool but not much point if there’s no sustainable model underpinning it.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
If the Broncos had their own private jet it would be like Con-Air.. Haas' Mum could be Cyrus The Virus.. Patrick Carrigan could be Cameron Poe.. Reece Walsh could be Garland Greene..
Lol

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, inside and out. Chartered for the season and decked out in team colours. Which is exactly what I am suggesting we do, except we only need them according to the schedule of away games in the draw.

Always a Bulldog
For a charter flight like for the team you are looking 120k per trip one way. The ones you have look up price point that is Saab 340 like the one Rex use. Which is a shit I thought I would die couple times on them shit buckets.

To purchase a plane deck out like probably 150 million to be deck out plus maintenance.

If you want deck out charter max 8 people cost 15k to Mel or Brisbane one way.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Broncos had their own private jet it would be like Con-Air.. Haas' Mum could be Cyrus The Virus.. Patrick Carrigan could be Cameron Poe.. Reece Walsh could be Garland Greene..
Like it mate..a shame Tyson Gamble left he would have made a teriffic Garland Greene also.
Big Wendell Sailor comes in from left field as Nathan, the Ving Rhames character.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be the first NRL team to use private jets, but we should be the first to use them for a whole season with our Bulldogs livery on the inside and outside of the plane. For example Melbourne used Alliance Airlines, they do regular flights for FIFO customers, in 2021 for Toonsville, Brisbane and Gold Coast games. The Cowboys also used Alliance for the Grand Final last year.

Alliance have a Focker F70 VIP jet on their fleet, carries 48 passengers at 800 kph for over 3,000 kms. Their normal (non VIP) F70 accommodates 80 passengers, so the VIP would be comfortable for the typically large NRL players. Say 30 Bulldogs players, coaches, support staff etc and 18 VIP’s who pay for the flight. I’m sure Warburton could sell that to our sponsors/advertisers.

Always a Bulldog

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, inside and out. Chartered for the season and decked out in team colours. Which is exactly what I am suggesting we do, except we only need them according to the schedule of away games in the draw.

Always a Bulldog
So this acts as a form of advertising for the Dogs too, it'll probably be better from Sydney Airport rather than Bankstown for this reason, viewed by the public. I think players being seen at the airport creates hype, social media videos and the players might enjoy a bit of the stardom at the airport. It generates public interest when players are met at the airport (besides the media disturbing the players). Will be good if several squad players that don't fit in chartered continue that travel method blending in and/or mingling with the general public.

Makes sense if the private jet is used for other purposes when not needed and made available exclusively for the Dogs when needed.

As long as it has that flashy branding, I don't really buy into the freshness and other stuff but you could imagine it helps the players psyche. If it doesn't have that flashy branding, then it's not worth it.
I like the idea of it being partly subsidized with the chartered company on jersey/shorts

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy or charter their own train for NSW games, fuck being cramped into a bus for three hours, bad fatigue management.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A lot of teams that have private jets have bought them themselves. I mean you get US Basketball and UK Football teams payment hundred of millions for players, so paying hundred of millions for their own jet isn't out of reach, however for an NRL team, it's a bit too much. The cost of the plane, the fuel, maintenance and insurance would all be through the roof.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of teams that have private jets have bought them themselves. I mean you get US Basketball and UK Football teams payment hundred of millions for players, so paying hundred of millions for their own jet isn't out of reach, however for an NRL team, it's a bit too much. The cost of the plane, the fuel, maintenance and insurance would all be through the roof.
Not buy, just charter for the long haul away games, 6 or so weekends a year.

Nobody owns jets, even QANTAS, they are all leased.

Always a Bulldog