Official Bulldogs presentation tonight

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s amazing what playing for a new contract can do for a players form. JMK also had quite the disrupted 2021 - lots of niggling injuries that had him stopping and starting his development (only played 9 games all up).

He definitely improved his reads and when to pick his moments to run the footy. Also, his defence, in particular one-on-one tackles on the goal line really improved. He still lacks any real kicking game from Dummy Half, and some of his passes can take an eternity to come off.

It feels like Nick Meany/ Reimis Smith all over again. The ‘Dogs put near 50+ FG games into them for the next club to reap the benefits. Meanwhile Barrett thought Dufty, Corey Allan and Brent Naden were the answer.

He’ll do very well under Bennett and is still young enough (27 in December) that his best years should be at The Dolphins. Well deserved JMK.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Anything mentioned about players departing?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I told you Waddell has been good this year. I told you I am smart and you all know nothing about footy and should listen to me. Another win for Flanagun. Acknowledge me proles!
Ha, Ha,Ha, OK you've now talked the talk first, lets see you walk the walk on the field.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s amazing what playing for a new contract can do for a players form. JMK also had quite the disrupted 2021 - lots of niggling injuries that had him stopping and starting his development (only played 9 games all up).

He definitely improved his reads and when to pick his moments to run the footy. Also, his defence, in particular one-on-one tackles on the goal line really improved. He still lacks any real kicking game from Dummy Half, and some of his passes can take an eternity to come off.

It feels like Nick Meany/ Reimis Smith all over again. The ‘Dogs put near 50+ FG games into them for the next club to reap the benefits. Meanwhile Barrett thought Dufty, Corey Allan and Brent Naden were the answer.

He’ll do very well under Bennett and is still young enough (27 in December) that his best years should be at The Dolphins. Well deserved JMK.
Yeah I was hopeful that with better coaching around him last year (Not Pay) that he may make some leap forwards in development. But as you said last year his journey was constantly disrupted with injuries. Over the years we have seen some games where he shows he has some ability, consistency has been the issue and repeating that form more than a few games a season. But service from DH has always been one of his weakest parts of his game, and one of the most important in that position. He is probably up there with the best Runners from DH and with defense but he will never be a top 4 DH until he improves his service and vision from DH.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK had a good year. But let be real. His service is shithouse. Your attack starts with your hooker. He’s service never got out under the blowtorch. But he’s the reason Burton and Flanagan didn’t get enough time and space. Mahoney will do our attack wonders.

And as for his running game, did he ever get a try from DH or set up a try from DH from outside the 20m zone?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh ok. You just remind me of another guy who used to be on here.

"Attacked" anyone? That's harsh. Gee I would hope not.

I guess that explains why you jumped in about my recent post about Lynne and Hilly flying to UK...you jump to conclusions and put words in others mouths :grinning:

Best we ignore each other from now on and let bygones be bygones.
Its pretty obvious, its the off season, February hurry up and come.