Bulldogs pledge to keep Trent Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
boss Raelene Castle has vowed to expedite plans to retain NSW No.7 Trent Hodkinson long-term after the grand final.
Hodkinson is contracted to the Dogs until the end of 2015, but rivals can negotiate with his management from the end of the month.

He headlines a long list of star halves available from 2016, including Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Adam Reynolds, Chris Sandow, Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer.

"He is a quality No.7 who has played Origin this year," Castle said."As soon as we get the grand final out of the way we'll be looking to start conversations about extending him with his manager."

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson is contracted to the Dogs until the end of 2015, but rivals can negotiate with his management from the end of the month.
Yet another misinformed journo talking about the non existent November rule.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what do you guys think is this a NO to Foran & DCE? I happy with Hodkinson I just wish he would impose himself more on the team. Take control and be the general out their.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what do you guys think is this a NO to Foran & DCE? I happy with Hodkinson I just wish he would impose himself more on the team. Take control and be the general out their.
Mate the last thing we need is a DCE type of player at our club the guy is a total D!ck head, at a bulldogs vs manly game last year at the end of the match when he was going down the tunnel a kid asked him for a photo he said "no" and "why can't parents keep their kids under control", all the this in front of everyone, i lost my respect for him at that moment.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate the last thing we need is a DCE type of player at our club the guy is a total D!ck head, at a bulldogs vs manly game last year at the end of the match when he was going down the tunnel a kid asked him for a photo he said "no" and "why can't parents keep their kids under control", all the this in front of everyone, i lost my respect for him at that moment.
Interesting thanks for the heads up. Of cause being a friend of Benny's it's not surprising! Having Big heads or should I say Big egos they tend to compliment each other.

blue n white

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree DCE is a wanker. As good as he plays I must admit. I think Hodko is perfect for the job n hope he gets his contract extended.

Hodko has a lot to offer the team n in years to come he will only get better.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do we do with young moses?

JT situation all over again!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't care if he's a wanker as long as he wins us games. Was that after a lose or a win?

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hodko deserves to have his contract extended and i hope he stays with the bulldogs for a long time!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
what do we do with young moses?

JT situation all over again!
Bench next year as an X-factor and to alternate with Lichaa until the problem can be solved.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope that we don't pay overs for him, the last thing we want is to have a tonne of money tied up in a player (especially one that has been incredibly unlucky with injury) and start losing other guys we want to keep.

in saying that you 100% go and get him signed. He has done enough this year that we don't even really have a choice

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't care if he's a wanker as long as he wins us games. Was that after a lose or a win?
I don't think it matters. It's a sh1tty thing to say to/ about a kid within earshot and a pro athlete should be able to do better than that. The guy just strikes me as a loser. We are winning games without him. I'd take dignity over a superstar who also happens to be a tosspot we can do without any time.

Keeping Mbye, and our young guns over DCE would be a much better strategy IMO. We're in a GF and are only going to get better.

#dickheadissurplustorequirements

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Interesting thanks for the heads up. Of cause being a friend of Benny's it's not surprising! Having Big heads or should I say Big egos they tend to compliment each other.
Yeah didn't DCE call bulldogs fans herald or something last year due to the Barba situation?

I don't want him. Foran would fit in well in sure but would also cost a mint I think....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't begrudge DCE for getting his worth but I tell you Manly are a shambles now and the team is fractured, I don't think I would want his giraffe neck around our club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't begrudge DCE for getting his worth but I tell you Manly are a shambles now and the team is fractured, I don't think I would want his giraffe neck around our club.
Yeah that's it. I don't think it is just about money... The team seem really fractured and it seems there is genuine dislike for DCE within Manly's playing group. My theory is that comes down to his attitude as much as anything else. Some if the cocky and rude things he has reportedly said only reinforces that view of him in my kind. I think he'd be a risk and might end up being detrimental to us.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah that's it. I don't think it is just about money... The team seem really fractured and it seems there is genuine dislike for DCE within Manly's playing group. My theory is that comes down to his attitude as much as anything else. Some if the cocky and rude things he has reportedly said only reinforces that view of him in my kind. I think he'd be a risk and might end up being detrimental to us.
Yep. Quite simply we don't need him so why waste a million + bucks on him. I would rather keep TH & Mbye any day of the week.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep. Quite simply we don't need him so why waste a million + bucks on him. I would rather keep TH & Mbye any day of the week.
Yep. I'm totally with you on that one mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.