Bulldogs Players who played for NSW Blues in Origin - since 1980

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apologies as list took me about 10 minutes to write. Of course I maybe missed some. Just an example of a lot of great players from our club.
Nah its an awesome intiative so we can map it out. Couldn't find a list anywhere online

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I may have left some out - apologies if I did. Whilst they were playing for the Bulldogs and when on to represent the State of NSW:-

Steve Mortimer
Chris Mortimer
Greg Brentnall
Steve Folkes
Andrew Farrar
Ross Conlon
Mick Potter
Paul Langmack
Terry Lamb
Peter Tunks
David Gillespie
Paul Dunn
Dean Pay
Hazem El Masri
Willie Mason
Braith Anasta
Mark O’Meley
Andrew Ryan
Mick Ennis
Trent Hodkinson
Josh Reynolds
Josh Jackson
Dave Klemmer
Brett Morris
Did conlon play for blues? Wow! I didn’t think he was that good apart from the goal kicking.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn’t he also play for Australia in one test match?
I believe he did - he was a great goal kicker but average player - in the 80s goal kicking was often the difference between teams - game was heavily based on defence.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I may have left some out - apologies if I did. Whilst they were playing for the Bulldogs and when on to represent the State of NSW:-

Steve Mortimer
Chris Mortimer
Greg Brentnall
Steve Folkes
Andrew Farrar
Ross Conlon
Mick Potter
Paul Langmack
Terry Lamb
Peter Tunks
David Gillespie
Paul Dunn
Dean Pay
Hazem El Masri
Willie Mason
Braith Anasta
Mark O’Meley
Andrew Ryan
Mick Ennis
Trent Hodkinson
Josh Reynolds
Josh Jackson
Dave Klemmer
Brett Morris
Great list - thanks.

No additions to the list this year.

Shows how far we have fallen.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great list - thanks.

No additions to the list this year.

Shows how far we have fallen.
Thank god they didn’t. Media would have blamed Gus and the Bulldogs for that embarrassment of a performance they put on yesterday.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Thank god they didn’t. Media would have blamed Gus and the Bulldogs for that embarrassment of a performance they put on yesterday.
So true - the Bulldogs would have been blamed. They have been unfairly blamed for a lot of sh*t down through the times.

As to last night's SOO, I guess my interest was diminished due to no Dogs players being involved. The commentators kept saying how fast the game was, how loud the crowd was and how great it all was. I wasn't really feeling it and turned it off after about 10 minutes.

I read some reviews - it sounds like NSW were pretty cr@p

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did conlon play for blues? Wow! I didn’t think he was that good apart from the goal kicking.
Back in the day players were selected on a specific specialty they possessed. So yeh Conlon was selected because he could goal kick, just like how the hooker got picked because he could win the scrum when it was a contest. Obviously the game has advanced so much that the players selected now need to have a variety of skills and be good at a lot of things.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Steve Mortimer
Chris Mortimer
Greg Brentnall
Steve Folkes
Andrew Farrar
Ross Conlon
Mick Potter
Paul Langmack
Terry Lamb
Peter Tunks
David Gillespie
Paul Dunn
Dean Pay
Hazem El Masri
Willie Mason
Braith Anasta
Mark O’Meley
Andrew Ryan
Mick Ennis
Trent Hodkinson
Josh Reynolds
Josh Jackson
Dave Klemmer
Brett Morris
Chris Anderson . . . The first player to score an origin hatrick !!

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is from the NRL website surely there are more

Representatives (42):

New South Wales (30): Braith Anasta, Chris Anderson, Greg Brentnall, Ross Conlon, John Coveney, Paul Dunn, Hazem El Masri, Michael Ennis, Andrew Farrar, Steve Folkes, David Gillespie, Trent Hodkinson, Jamal Idris, Josh Jackson, Pat Jarvis, Brett Kimmorley, David Klemmer, Terry Lamb, Paul Langmack, Willie Mason, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Chris Mortimer, Steve Mortimer, Mark O’Meley, Dean Pay, Mick Potter, Josh Reynolds, Andrew Ryan, Peter Tunks

Queensland (12): Martin Bella, Tony Currie, Brett Dallas, Ben Hannant, Jason Hetherington, Nate Myles, Dylan Napa, Travis Norton, Steve Price, Darren Smith, Jason Smith, Willie Tonga

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about this bloke, Steve hage was before 1980. He was a hard arse, guy from up the north coast, tough as .. liked the biff

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about this bloke, Steve hage was before 1980. He was a hard arse, guy from up the north coast, tough as .. liked the biff
Steve Hage was as tough as, but IIRC he started to get in trouble with the refs because, when running the ball, he led with his uplifted knee. I think he had some great battles with Steve Kneen from the Sharks, another tough as second-rower.

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes he did, didn't really go on to his full potential.