Aiden Sezer
Lachlan Burr
Nathan Massey

Under 16s Possible Vs Probables

David Klemmer
Brendan Santi
Peter Irwin
David Minute

Dale Finucane and Liam Ayoub should of made 18s squad.
Samisoni Langi and Mathew Fuukofuuka Should of made 16s trials.

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Samsoni Langi plays in the same team as my cousin in berla bears, 1st div 16s. He played off the bench,they were losing then when he came on lol scored 2 tires to win them the game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can we only get four players in both teams when we won both Harold Matts and SG Ball?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lachlan Burr scored 3 tries in the GF am i right?

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Bulldogs win 2009 Harold Matthews & SG Ball Titles

Two Bulldogs teams Premiers in the one day! That was the case for the Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams on Saturday 9th May 2009 played at St Marys Stadium. Both Bulldogs Junior Representative Teams are now National Champions in their respective age groups. This is the first year that the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions have become nationally contested including teams from all over NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT and NT.

Premierships in both grades in the same season have not been achieved by the Bulldogs before. The Bulldogs have only ever won the Harold Matthews competition once in 2007, and the SG Ball competition has been won twice in 1972 & 1978.

The Harold Matthews completed a dream season defeating Parramatta 34 points to 22 in a tough battle. The win saw the Harold Matthews top off their impressive season being Undefeated Minor Premiers & Premiers, with 13 wins from as many starts. Barnstorming back rower David Minute capped off a remarkable season being named Harold Matthews Player of the Year, named after the match during the presentation David was regarded as the best player of the entire competition based on his form throughout the season.

The SG Ball finished their season on top defeating a classy Melbourne outfit 42 points to 16. Going into the half time break at 10 points all the Bulldogs had a battle on their hands. With twenty three minutes remaining Bulldogs Back Rower Lachlan Burr crossed the line for his second of three tries for the day tying the scores up at 16 all. An injury plagued Bulldogs outfit stuck solid together and scored four more tries to cap off a great season. Finishing the regular season in 3rd place the Bulldogs won 11 games with 1 loss and a draw. Ball playing lock Dale Finucane was voted SG Ball Player of the Year for his excellent consistent form all season.

The efforts of Minute and Finucane have never been matched before with two players from the same club receiving the Junior Rep Player of the Year award.

A big congratulations must go to Nathan Towney (Harold Matthews Coach) and Jason Williams (SG Ball Coach) and all their staff for a very successful season.

Grand Final Results

Harold Matthews
Bulldogs 34 (David Minute 2, Villiami Moekiola, Matthew ***o***a, Jermaine Nader, Joshua Rainbow tries Peter Irwin 5 goals)
defeated
Parramatta 22

SG Ball
Bulldogs 42 (Lachlan Burr 3, Richard Irwin, Ali Hijazi, Aidan Sezer, Liam Ayoub tries, Ali Hijazi 7 goals)
Defeated
Melbourne 16
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=9014634&sectionID=17154

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
Nathan Massey is a gun!!
used to watch him play with my brother.. was always the best back on field

G

giant

ali hijazi a very solid player and can play many different positions will be a great asset for any team and can kick goals from all over the park

isaiah

Waterboy
Reaction score
the u18 side should be chosen this week, qld's is.

are massey and burr the only real chances?

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the u18 side should be chosen this week, qld's is.

are massey and burr the only real chances?
Ali Hijazi has a chance. Great Utility.

Aiden wont get selected because he injured his foot and it requires surgery.

I know because I have an association with East Hills. :grinning:

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hijazi as in the nut at the games??? lmao

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ali hasn't done himself any favours since he has been promoted to the u20s. His defence has been shocking and his goal kicking isn't much better.

He has to pull his finger out if he wants to get noticed for the right reasons.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ali hasn't done himself any favours since he has been promoted to the u20s. His defence has been shocking and his goal kicking isn't much better.

He has to pull his finger out if he wants to get noticed for the right reasons.
I would have to totally agree with that!
His gets beat way to easily defensively

Although he would be good versatile player off the bench, I think Massey and Burr are the only chances.

Massey last year played off the bench, So if they go with William Hopoate at fullback I reckon Massey could go bench, would be a waste on the wing.
Burr maybe offers something different off bench but their is some awesome backrowers!

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to totally agree with that!
His gets beat way to easily defensively

Although he would be good versatile player off the bench, I think Massey and Burr are the only chances.

Massey last year played off the bench, So if they go with William Hopoate at fullback I reckon Massey could go bench, would be a waste on the wing.
Burr maybe offers something different off bench but their is some awesome backrowers!
Once Massey's ankle recovers 100% he is the best full back in the SG Ball comp. I hear he is being closely watched

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ali has potential but doesn't like to put his head too close to harms way in defence - he misses a lot of tackles.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

i havent seen ali or aiden play lately

they were both my class mates back in school

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
side is chosen
massey on a wing
finucane at lock
Well done to the boys. I have big wraps on Massey from what I have seen. Could potentially take over the fullback jersey when Patten retires in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.