Bulldogs player walks out

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you wanna win a game of football, and, keep the respect of your playing squad, a lot still question the value of playing a "supposedly good trainer" yet hopeless low effort defender with feet for hands (for several years) Knockonbor over a better defender yet smaller Topine who gives 100% effort in defence on game day.

Lots couldn't see the sense but CC's decision and so be it. Knockonbor so highly thought of he hasn't been re-signed and he now has to move to ESL.
Gotta stop you there sis.... you need to be tough and have some talent lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree bro, that’s the problem with a rookie coach it’s hard for them to come in and be a hard cahunt straight off the bat, I think he probably played the softly softly game too long, but it’s looking like he’s learning from his mistakes.
Well I'm cautiously on board now. Hope he continues to be a hard arse.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally think Gus and CC believe that if players are going to have a crap attitude then they should also answer to all the fans. The fans invest time and money and emotion and deserve a whole hearted effort.

You only have to see what it means to some fans who are doing it tough in life to meet a player etc. Players should know full well what they sign up for when they put the Bulldogs Jersey on.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wanna win a game of football, and, keep the respect of your playing squad, a lot still question the value of playing a "supposedly good trainer" yet hopeless low effort defender with feet for hands (for several years) Knockonbor over a better defender yet smaller Topine who gives 100% effort in defence on game day.

Lots couldn't see the sense but CC's decision and so be it. Knockonbor so highly thought of he hasn't been re-signed and he now has to move to ESL.
It’s obvious he has made the decision to prioritise standards over wins

Hopefully short term pain for long term success

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I personally think Gus and CC believe that if players are going to have a crap attitude then they should also answer to all the fans. The fans invest time and money and emotion and deserve a whole hearted effort.

You only have to see what it means to some fans who are doing it tough in life to meet a player etc. Players should know full well what they sign up for when they put the Bulldogs Jersey on.
Well the whinging ***** are welcome to the heart ward in St Vincent's anytime.... show them what real tickers are.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep okunbor will be continuing his career in England, Topine will be lucky to be doing a garbo run with shifty.
At least he won't be playing here. That's all I care about :grinning:

Up to Topine what he decides to do with his career.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s obvious he has made the decision to prioritise standards over wins

Hopefully short term pain for long term success
Yeah I said that early in the season. It was as if he didn't care about the wins: it was more imposing his standards and what he wanted and let the players suffer for it. At the time most thought he was a wimp coach. Some cahunts laugh reacted lol

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I said that early in the season. He didn't care about the wins: it was more imposing his standards and what he wanted. Some cahunts laugh reacted lol
I'm willing to cop losses to improve standards. It's not like we were winning the comp next year...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm willing to cop losses to improve standards. It's not like we were winning the comp next year...
Most definately. We wanted tough love and Ciro didnt look like he had it in him. He does now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly even though we’re in a massive hole right now winning Harold and if we win jersey flegg will make me less depressed about the future, let’s just stay optimistic lol..
AMEN to that my bro

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Being an old school defence lover, I have to admit this is exciting.

I really hope it clicks
For sure. We are all hoping we've turned the corner. At this stage I'm cautiously optimistic that he has what it takes to get these players he has on board. On Sunday we will see how they react to all this. It's pretty confronting what him and Gus have done and put it all back on the players to be accountable.

If they want to play to their best ability and help resurrect the club, are sick of being losers with a loser attitude, then we should see the green shoots on Sunday. Maximum effort should be there even if we don't get the 2 points.