Bulldogs player walks out

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree PS. We def need a big shake up like this appears to have been instigated by Gus and CC. It appears it is the only way the club can re-set from the horrible loser spiral we are in.

Not sure on the actual truth of Topine's situation. But we all need to keep in mind frivulous personality clashes that some coaches hold grudges about. As I said there's far far worst pathetic efforts from senior players than anything Topine has dished up.

Dont want to get rid of Gus or CC but I do question CC's ability to man manage and command respect from the team. I do think he has handled the season poorly with questionable selectoons, bench rotations (so has Gus), minutes etc that have hindered rather than helped the team.

He is not without blame. Neither is Gus. His recruiting has not addressed our biggest weaknesses (at this time as far as we know) and all he is providing at the moment is telling how hard it is to recruit and he wants the season over. Thats not what you need to hear in a failing club.

So I'm not saying get rid of them but I'm holding them both to account every bit as much as the players.
Fair call Wendy. Let’s hope these guys get it right…. Gus especially 2024 & 2025 recruitment equally as important as our pathways - players coach the younger kids too and set standards, it’s not all on the coach which is why Melbourne have been good for so long and why we were so successful for 4 decades.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its at boiling point and its taken years to get here.

- players have got used to a easier zero care factor ride over the years because the culture at the club has been "who cares".

- they are now getting pushed harder (in their opinion) to earn the same coin that they were earning on easy St.

- previous system wasn't working them hard enough and just added to the issues and now the current system is trying to add change and they aren't happy.

No one is to blame here but the shot callers of old at the club for letting this blow out, decisions need to be made and they are hard ones too because we can't stay on the same system and expect results to be better.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you fuck off to your own forum?

It takes a special Fucking loser to sign up to another clubs forum, pretend to be something else and then stick round. Deadset. Get a Fucking life.
Love you as well.

Signed up in 2006, to get free GF tickets after my team knocked the Dogs out of contention.

Also you can put me on ignore.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fair call Wendy. Let’s hope these guys get it right…. Gus especially 2024 & 2025 recruitment equally as important as our pathways - players coach the younger kids too and set standards, it’s not all on the coach which is why Melbourne have been good for so long and why we were so successful for 4 decades.
As supporters of this club I think we need to treat this new sensationalist development with some circumspect.

We cop a bad hand from the media at the best of times so a lot of this reporting would be over the top.

It really is disappointing that fans are bagging a young loyal player like Topine for being a soft cock with mental problems....we have no idea what the true situation is or what challenges he has had to get to this point. As I said IMO he has been treated badly by CC and I question his man management skills. It may be that Ciro hasn't got the guts to rip into Burton, Kiks, Mahoney, Fox for their performances and so takes it out on the fringe guys who he can have a rave at....not saying thats so but for all we know that might be the case....CC certainly isn't getting much love on the playing field from those senior guys.

It's been a pre-season and 26 rounds and only now Ciro and Gus decide its breaking point with training standards etc....those standards should have been law from day one and obvious to everyone far and wide...not some bombshell one game from the end of the season.

Its going to be an emotional ride for a while. If this is all necessary then so be it for the betterment of the club.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree PS. We def need a big shake up like this appears to have been instigated by Gus and CC. It appears it is the only way the club can re-set from the horrible loser spiral we are in.

Not sure on the actual truth of Topine's situation. But we all need to keep in mind frivulous personality clashes that some coaches hold grudges about. As I said there's far far worst pathetic efforts from senior players than anything Topine has dished up.

Dont want to get rid of Gus or CC but I do question CC's ability to man manage and command respect from the team. I do think he has handled the season poorly with questionable selectoons, bench rotations (as has Gus), minutes etc that have hindered rather than helped the team.

He is not without blame. Neither is Gus. His recruiting has not addressed our biggest weaknesses (at this time as far as we know) and all he is providing at the moment is telling how hard it is to recruit and he wants the season over. Thats not what you need to hear in a failing club.

So I'm not saying get rid of them but I'm holding them both to account every bit as much as the players.
Yes it could be a frivolous personality clash, I just see that as the less likely possibility. Unless we are on the team, or on the coaching staff, we really only see maybe 80 minutes a week of NRL Player X. In the case of the dogs coaching staff we are saying what 8 1/2 hour days 5 days a week plus whatever extra time on the weekend, well in the case of this player less than that I guess, because he is turning up late. Performance and attitude is more than just what happens in the game.

Doesn't Kiwidog know someone on the coaching staff?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As supporters of this club I think we need to treat this new sensationalist development with some circumspect.

We cop a bad hand from the media at the best of times so a lot of this reporting would be over the top.

It really is disappointing that fans are bagging a young loyal player like Topine for being a soft cock with mental problems....we have no idea what the true situation is or what challenges he has had to get to this point. As I said IMO he has been treated badly by CC and I question his man management skills. It may be that Ciro hasn't got the guts to rip into Burton, Kiks, Mahoney, Fox for their performances and so takes it out on the fringe guys who he can have a rave at....not saying thats so but for all we know that might be the case....CC certainly isn't getting much love on the playing field from those senior guys.

It's been a pre-season and 26 rounds and only now Ciro and Gus decide its breaking point with training standards etc....those standards should have been law from day one and obvious to everyone far and wide...not some bombshell one game from the end of the season.

Its going to be an emotional ride for a while. If this is all necessary then so be it for the betterment of the club.
Its interesting that Sutton was signed by Gus and both RFM and Topine were extended this year by Gus. RFM made club captain n Topine lead the team song.

No idea the right n wrong or where blame lies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes it could be a frivolous personality clash, I just see that as the less likely possibility. Unless we are on the team, or on the coaching staff, we really only see maybe 80 minutes a week of NRL Player X. In the case of the dogs coaching staff we are saying what 8 1/2 hour days 5 days a week plus whatever extra time on the weekend, well in the case of this player less than that I guess, because he is turning up late. Performance and attitude is more than just what happens in the game.

Doesn't Kiwidog know someone on the coaching staff?
Don't really know. All I'm saying in my posts is fans take it with a grain of salt. Its the media so probably half wrong but we are so far down all the fault cannot possibly be on the players. The coach and GMF have just as much involvement with our success or otherwise and should he judged accordingly.

Ciro has good players. Some SOO and rep players as well yet they aren't playing for him either. Clearing out even 10 and replacing them with Salmon, Taafe etc wont make a huge difference if the core group staying wont work for the coach. A whole re-set including CC methods needs to happen by the looks.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its interesting that Sutton was signed by Gus and both RFM and Topine were extended this year by Gus. RFM made club captain n Topine lead the team song.

Have you ever hired people, all the due diligence in the world, you can still get duds (or f*cktards - if being politically incorrect).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Interesting and yet unfathomable at the same time... bearing in mind all thats being said now. And how do those decisions by Gus marry in with what the situation appears to be now?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day the coaches job is to unlock the team right ?

Fact 1 under potter he had a worse team and had them playing better

Fact 2 All our senior players have fallen off a cliff with their form and whatever is going on at Bulldogs headquarters, everyone is catching it

Fact 3 If you were in charge of our club what are u gonna do
1) Change the coach because nobody is buying into his panthers system
And the word is nobody is buying into his vision

Or

2) Sack every player because their form has gone south

The manager gets paid the dollars to get the most out of the team .
He hasn’t ,most weeks since round 7 we have looked like the official wooden spooners.

Andrew Webster goes to the warriors and they are a different team.

Like I said something has happened at the bulldogs headquarters and both grades have really fallen off a cliff .
if You assumed CC is blamed for not unlocking the team but Potter was then why didn’t potter take over this year? Potter didn’t want to cause he knew the squad was exactly what we are all complaining about. Clearly the squad don’t want to work hard and it’s now come out.

Webster has a genuine top 8 team no question about that, any coach could of got them there.

Gus knows he has to crash the football department and start again. He managed to get the pathways fixed, now it’s time to fix the first grade squad.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both shouldn’t have been extended. Both players had nowhere else to go, zero offers which should’ve showed the club they weren’t worth it. But here we are…

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That’s the issue here, club is struggling to get players and is forced to retain players because we have no options, it’s the perfect shit storm.

Until the junior systems pay off or we get lucky that’s how it’s going to be. The club needs to take risks vs signing players who have proven they don’t have what it takes with us.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you ever hired people, all the due diligence in the world, you can still get duds (or f*cktards - if being politically incorrect).
Dozens - and i agree, regardless of due diligence and refences etc - didnt always get it right and sometimes got it massively wrong.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We discussed it here about 1-2 years back, i think the media like to pick on us because where are just a bunch of western sydney ethnic suburbs who just vote labor, they think its riddled with crime, every second person sells drugs, most are non speaking residents who just have a NRL team in there suburb
100% correct.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I found it interesting that the 8 players in the "txt message" our now mentioned as current players AND possible recruits.

So we have gone from half the team that the media initially insinuated to the 4 our club referenced and 4 of their "mates" from other clubs.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

You know that CC might also be picking the players who are training hard. Setting a line that to get into the team that is the expectation. As well you don't want to ruin young guys in first grade by putting them in too early.

Offseason can't come quick enough. Let the guys get some respite from a tough season and mentally get ready for what is to come.

I also think the biggest bonus is that there is no rep footy. So all the guys will be together this offseason, with the older heads like Kikau and Addo Carr able to show the way. A good way to build those relationships and ensure everybody is stepping up. Cause I think the offseason will be brutal this year just to bring the boys up to the standard of the rest of the comp.