Bulldogs player walks out

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember when we had Latrell and then he didn't get his way and walked. It was a blow but I don't want a bloke in our side that doesn't wanna be there. Anyway look how its worked out for him. Sure he's a fullback but you wouldn't rate him near the top 5 in the game.

I guess the moral is that if you don't like the coach, his ideas or the training to be a contender is too tough then see ya.

And anyways who knows what's true. Maybe a journo got a snip of something and turned it into something bigger, not like that ever happens.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topine and Morrin are the smallest forwards in the team and are the only ones that have a go, wish there were more like them.
When your coach picks a dumbarse winger like Oki in front of you, any forward would be having mental issues...(worrying what is wrong with your coach's mental health for doing it lol)

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know what happened however reading stuff this morning a few dfferences to what was online last night -
1. Burns is still at the club - did not leave effective immediately
2. Player 2 - is now reported as having requested personal leave a week after the alleged punishment for being late

Doesnt seem as dramatic as when reported that players left the club mid training

No idea where the truth sits
Good call.

The media deliberately dramatise a situation and people just run with what they report as gospel.

Regardless of what is happening the problems at the club are going to intensify because players and coach clearly are disconnected

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just need to flush problematic players who stir up things behind the scenes. The club will go through the correct process with RLPA but behind the scenes that player will be moved on asap. Plus article says it is common practice across all clubs so the player isn't cut out for NRL.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We discussed it here about 1-2 years back, i think the media like to pick on us because where are just a bunch of western sydney ethnic suburbs who just vote labor, they think its riddled with crime, every second person sells drugs, most are non speaking residents who just have a NRL team in there suburb

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the same token Topine hasn't got a fair go from CC. Let's put it into perspective...fact is the pathetic effort and body language on the field of Burton has had far more negative vibe with the teams success than anything Topine has or hasn't done.

Been put into centre and other times not selected when normally it would have been expected with injuries as next man up. Is/was capt of the Cup team, our junior POY, bleeds for the club, led the victory song and when not even in f/g. As Cup Capt alone, he should have some cred with the new coach.

He is probably down about his treatment.... and if you have a coach who picks flippin Knockonboor, a shocking ballerina winger in front of you as a f/g replacement forward, any half proud footballer would see that as a punch in the face from the coach and probably the end of your career with the club you love. Be very depressing to realise Oki was favoured over you.

For all we know he may have tried 120% at training but CC just doesn't want him for some personal bias silly reason. A bit like Pay and Rhyse Martin.

Hope he is ok and can resume his footy and this has all blown out of proportion as so much Bulldogs publicity is. Untold damage possibly done to all parties and we need to be mindful of this.
I do understand your feeling and thoughts around Topine, but if someone is going to have a beef with a player it's unlikely over skill level, it will normally be over effort and whether the player is listening to him. Mental Health is a funny thing the biggest factor in serious depression issues is when the person subconsciously knows that they have let themselves slip into this state, outwardly they may look like they are blaming others (coping mechanism) but inwardly it gets dark. If his treatment of Topine was not for a valid reason, I think we would be hearing a different conversation about him now. I hope he gets the help he needs, but I am not willing to join the bandwagon to sack CC and Gus because players are complaining about workload and mental health issues. If we were top of the table fighting for top 4 and our season crashed like it looks souths have, well that would be a different story. But I think souths are around the preferential treatment of some, and I think the positive treatment has nothing to do with effort of listening to the coach.

Talking about workloads remember earlier in the season everyone was complaining that CC was taking it too easy on the players and being too soft talking about culture and connectedness. certainly changed now. I think it's best to move the players on that can't handle the loads and are complaining because I think we may get some boot camps in the pre season.

tuggersdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bullfrog Moore would be turning in his grave, real men like Geoff Robinson and Dave Gillespie ( cement) would be laughing at this crop of cream puff forwards at the dogs presently.
FFS grow a set and earn the overs you are getting paid or fuck and get a real job

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We discussed it here about 1-2 years back, i think the media like to pick on us because where are just a bunch of western sydney ethnic suburbs who just vote labor, they think its riddled with crime, every second person sells drugs, most are non speaking residents who just have a NRL team in there suburb
We are also historically a very successful club and a wealthy club - there’s a fair amount of jealousy too that comes with that…. People like kicking clubs like that when they’re on the ground but we will find a way back to finals footy, we can’t expect Ciro and Gus to turn it around in a year - they need to get rid of players they inherited and replace them with NRL standard guys - at the very least, this helps our juniors and resets behaviours.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hopefully it’s been in the making.. jeez when Jackson Hastings came out and said the game against us they put 66-0 and felt like training session

Wouldn’t you think that’s embarrassing to a whole new level
We played them into Finals form

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Phil Gould brought Cameron Ciraldo to the club. I firmly believe he is responsible for this basket case of a club. Look at the rubbish signings he’s overseen
Give me Dean Pay & Potter over Ciraldo every day of the week
Could be worse. Could of been premiership favs with stars everywhere and be struggling to make the 8

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I do understand your feeling and thoughts around Topine, but if someone is going to have a beef with a player it's unlikely over skill level, it will normally be over effort and whether the player is listening to him. Mental Health is a funny thing the biggest factor in serious depression issues is when the person subconsciously knows that they have let themselves slip into this state, outwardly they may look like they are blaming others (coping mechanism) but inwardly it gets dark. If his treatment of Topine was not for a valid reason, I think we would be hearing a different conversation about him now. I hope he gets the help he needs, but I am not willing to join the bandwagon to sack CC and Gus because players are complaining about workload and mental health issues. If we were top of the table fighting for top 4 and our season crashed like it looks souths have, well that would be a different story. But I think souths are around the preferential treatment of some, and I think the positive treatment has nothing to do with effort of listening to the coach.

Talking about workloads remember earlier in the season everyone was complaining that CC was taking it too easy on the players and being too soft talking about culture and connectedness. certainly changed now. I think it's best to move the players on that can't handle the loads and are complaining because I think we may get some boot camps in the pre season.
Totally agree PS. We def need a big shake up like this appears to have been instigated by Gus and CC. It appears it is the only way the club can re-set from the horrible loser spiral we are in.

Not sure on the actual truth of Topine's situation. But we all need to keep in mind frivulous personality clashes that some coaches hold grudges about. As I said there's far far worst pathetic efforts from senior players than anything Topine has dished up.

Dont want to get rid of Gus or CC but I do question CC's ability to man manage and command respect from the team. I do think he has handled the season poorly with questionable selectoons, bench rotations (as has Gus), minutes etc that have hindered rather than helped the team.

He is not without blame. Neither is Gus. His recruiting has not addressed our biggest weaknesses (at this time as far as we know) and all he is providing at the moment is telling how hard it is to recruit and he wants the season over. Thats not what you need to hear in a failing club.

So I'm not saying get rid of them but I'm holding them both to account every bit as much as the players.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The simple fact is we have been bottom 4 for too long and massive changes are needed with our coaching... In saying that if the players aren't on board we need to cut out the cancer because it's pulling our club in 2 directions. People are either saying it's the coach that's the problem or it's the players. My uneducated guess it it is the players lack of effort on the field that speaks loudest. The lack of respect for the club and supporters means they need to go. You can't blame the coach for having high standards.
I am backing ciraldo all the way for now. But at the end of the day the truth will come out.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the player has walked out he is not complying with his contract. A breach notice should be issued and the contract terminated.

All these players with an attitude problem should be allowed to go.

Defence is attitude and if we get rid of all these bad attitude players the defence will improve.