Bulldogs player walks out

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I keep saying it but I don't buy the "lol the players are lazy" narrative that the club is pushing out. I'm sure Buzz is pushing his own shit but there's definitely something going seriously wrong behind the scenes.
Why would Gus allow it to happen though?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The name will be confirmed tonight, if not tomorrow.. it's out there now and the hunt will be on to work out who it is

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If it's Kiraz who cares. We are stacked for backs and makes it easier to move Burton to centre. Wingers are easy to replace, especially metre eater battering rams when we have Skelton
If the story is even remotely close to true then we should all care. This is straight up bullying and it's no wonder the club has turned to shit. If they're doing this for a player being late then what other types of punishments are they handing out?

EMU27

Waterboy
Reaction score
If it's Kiraz who cares. We are stacked for backs and makes it easier to move Burton to centre. Wingers are easy to replace, especially metre eater battering rams when we have Skelton
We should care, this bloke would give his last breath to the game. Was leading Dally M at the start of the year and has been a shining light in a gloomy couple of years. No one should be treated in the manner, they’ve been reportedly subjected to! It’s bullying and if they were concerned about south’s folding. Sadly I reckon, the bulldogs are closer. No one stands for this sh**!

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sick of this shit.

When will I be able to turn up each week and enthusiastically support my beloved club knowing that they are putting in 100% for us fans.

I can handle losing, but I cannot handle the effortless and low-disciplined bullshit that we are seeing of late.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
[emoji838][emoji836]️BREAKING [emoji838][emoji836]️

ᴄᴀɴᴛᴇʀʙᴜʀʏ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ ᴡᴀʟᴋꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴄʟᴜʙ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴘᴜɴɪꜱʜᴍᴇɴᴛ

via Telegraph Sport [emoji438] Brent Read, Phil Rothfield and
Sean Teuma

A Canterbury player has walked out on the club amid accusations he was made to wrestle more than 12 teammates as part of a training “punishment”.

The Canterbury Bulldogs have launched an investigation into the treatment of one of their NRL players, who walked out on the club recently after a disagreement with the coaching staff.

This masthead can reveal the player recently turned up to training and was told he was late. It is understood he believed he was well within the time limit set for training to begin but there are allegations he was then made to wrestle more than a dozen players as his “punishment.”

He became distraught and left training.

The player is under contract at the club until the end of next season but has vowed not to return.

This masthead has chosen not to name the player because of sensitivity around the case and his welfare. However, the Rugby League Players Association has also been made aware of the situation and is also investigating.

The Bulldogs are trying to manage the explosive situation behind closed doors.

“The whole process is very sensitive – I can’t comment,” chief executive Aaron Warburton said.

A text message was sent to various media outlets on Tuesday night outlining what had happened. Coach Cameron Ciraldo declined to comment when contacted by this masthead.

This masthead can also reveal, another player, Braidon Burns, walked out on a training session last week. He and his manager Allan Gainey met with Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould on Tuesday to discuss the situation.

Burns was struggling with a hamstring and could not complete training drills. He has now left the club and Gainey is looking for opportunities in the UK super league.

The Bulldogs are coming to the end of a disastrous season, having kicked off round one surrounded in optimism following the appointment of Ciraldo and the arrival of Reed Mahoney and Viliame Kikau.

However, their season has slowly unravelled and in recent weeks they have been on the end of a series of hidings culminating in another embarrassing performance against Manly at the weekend.

Bulldogs players were turned into turnstiles by a Manly side that was already out of finals contention. That performance only added to talk in recent weeks of player unrest and suggestions that the coaching staff is ready to usher several players out the door as they look to rebuild the culture at one of the game’s biggest clubs.

Ciraldo, who was given a five-year contract by the Bulldogs, has been particularly scathing of the playing group following some substandard performances and the sense is that it will be a defining off-season for the club and their coach as they put a broom through the organisation.

The Bulldogs will be strengthened by the arrival of Penrith’s Steve Crichton, former Cronulla centre Bronson Xerri and premiership winner Sio Siua Taukeiaho.

However, unless they can find a way to end some of the apparent dissension within the playing group it may not matter who they bring in from outside.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd buy CC a beer .... and pour it over his head he coaches from a book

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of them is Burns and has been confirmed in the article. Who is the other player but?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the story is even remotely close to true then we should all care. This is straight up bullying and it's no wonder the club has turned to shit. If they're doing this for a player being late then what other types of punishments are they handing out?
I don't even know what's happened just speculation. Can DM me if you want wink wink haha

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think article mentioned when it happened
They only played two days ago and yesterday would of been recovery. Unless it happened today. Also some of the players mentioned are named this week.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoping and praying it’s not, but who knows with the club anymore!
True… but I assume it’s a player that the club wants to move on anyway and probably because of repeat incidents… that’s why I doubt it’s Kiraz he’s put in all year..but agree who knows.