Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Highly doubt we're getting Sione or the others. They have offically ditched their manager. Will re-sign for unders with Newcastle. There was an article floating about yesterday.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Highly doubt we're getting Sione or the others. They have offically ditched their manager. Will re-sign for unders with Newcastle. There was an article floating about yesterday.
Where was that? The other week his manager was saying that was nonsense

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Scraping the barrell trying to remember. I'm sure I read an article regarding it lol.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I call B.S!!! Searched the web could not find anything. Except for this : Mata'utia would not confirm or deny reports about the Bulldogs deal, but said he is leaving the negotiations in the hands of his manager.

"There's plenty of stories out there," he said.

"I've still got one more year here and my manager is getting all that stuff sorted out.

"I wouldn't have a clue but I just know the Knights have the last say in all of this.

"So whatever options are out there the Knights have a chance to look at the offer and see if they can do anything about it.

"But at this time I want to be in Newcastle, I've still got one more year and I get to focus on that one more year."

Reading between the lines Newcastle either match the offer or it is good bye Knights hello Bulldogs!!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I call B.S!!! Searched the web could not find anything. Except for this : Mata'utia would not confirm or deny reports about the Bulldogs deal, but said he is leaving the negotiations in the hands of his manager.

"I've still got one more year here and my manager is getting all that stuff sorted out.

"I wouldn't have a clue but I just know the Knights have the last say in all of this.

"So whatever options are out there the Knights have a chance to look at the offer and see if they can do anything about it.

"But at this time I want to be in Newcastle, I've still got one more year and I get to focus on that one more year."

Reading between the lines Newcastle either match the offer or it is good bye Knights hello Bulldogs!!!
That sounds very promising to be honest

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I have read and heard is that the Matautai boys will play for the dogs for 2 reasons. They love their dad and their dad loves the dogs.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I have read and heard is that the Matautai boys will play for the dogs for 2 reasons. They love their dad and their dad loves the dogs.
yes he was a regular at Harold park for years

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would rather a player that wants to play for the Dogs then a player that wants to play for a different club but if they dont show him the money then he'll leave. Has midcontract walkout written all over it imo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would rather a player that wants to play for the Dogs then a player that wants to play for a different club but if they dont show him the money then he'll leave. Has midcontract walkout written all over it imo.
So he would fit in with us :p

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not really look at the bloke who have come like tolman, perrett, morris, hodko, graham, williams, pritchard, ennis, eastwood etc some may have seen a title as a factor and im
Sure sione does. Some may have been more pushed out like sammy p and morris though they obviously had other choices too! Its business and if he is happy, competing and paid im sure all is fine

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really look at the bloke who have come like tolman, perrett, morris, hodko, graham, williams, pritchard, ennis, eastwood etc some may have seen a title as a factor and im
Sure sione does. Some may have been more pushed out like sammy p and morris though they obviously had other choices too! Its business and if he is happy, competing and paid im sure all is fine
Those guys came to play for the Dogs except for TRex who came because the money was good. When sione comes out and pretty much says, according to all these articles, that if the knights offer more than what we offer that he will stay is saying that he's playing for the money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those guys came to play for the Dogs except for TRex who came because the money was good. When sione comes out and pretty much says, according to all these articles, that if the knights offer more than what we offer that he will stay is saying that he's playing for the money.
Are you serious? All those players came to the dogs for the Money that they would not recieve from other clubs. Our bloody coach came because of the Money ffs. Who cares if he plays for the money? It is a job. Fans need to get over this bullshit about players coming over for the love of a club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id disagree mate hodko, ennis etc came to the highest payer etc

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you serious? All those players came to the dogs for the Money that they would not recieve from other clubs. Our bloody coach came because of the Money ffs. Who cares if he plays for the money? It is a job. Fans need to get over this bullshit about players coming over for the love of a club.
Agree 100%. This is their job. If a player comes to our club it's because we made him a good offer. If another club makes a similar offer then other factors come in like culture, coach, friends, etc, but if we offer a lot more than any other club like we did with Hodko, T-Rex, pretty much most of our players, then they will come for the money.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree 100%. This is their job. If a player comes to our club it's because we made him a good offer. If another club makes a similar offer then other factors come in like culture, coach, friends, etc, but if we offer a lot more than any other club like we did with Hodko, T-Rex, pretty much most of our players, then they will come for the money.

[video=youtube;OaiSHcHM0PA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA[/video]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm happy for players to come for the money, as long as they earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.