Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

The only thing about keeping Kas is what will our bench look like? Klemmer & Finucane are certainties for our bench. One of Kas or Perret wuold surely have to miss out unless we play 3 props off the bench?
Injuries are bound to happen but if not Lloyd will have to bide his time as Kasiano has runs on the board

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing about keeping Kas is what will our bench look like? Klemmer & Finucane are certainties for our bench. One of Kas or Perret wuold surely have to miss out unless we play 3 props off the bench?
And with that setup it would mean that there's no room in the team for Frankie. I think the only way we'd play 3 props on the bench is if Finucane is dropped and Frankie and Beastwood rotate with Jackson and T-Rex playing 80 mins each, but I don't see that happening. I think Perrett will be the last in line behind Kas and Klem in the prop stakes.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way I see it our pack should be

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Pritchard
17. Finucane/Browne/Lloyd Perrett (whoever's form is warranted) with Kas & Klemmer off the bench Finucane does not need to play in the middle and could spell Williams/Eastwood/Jackson with Pritchard.

As others said injuries are bound to happen.

Lloyd is only 19 at the moment mate! It's good to have some quality depth.

I also think you will see Pritchard head to the UK or possibly retire after this season in which would open a spot for Lloyd or Tim fulltime.

This is unless Des runs with Mbye on the bench.

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Pritchard
17. Finucane/Browne/Lloyd Perrett (whoever's form is warranted) with Kas & Klemmer off the bench Finucane does not need to play in the middle and could spell Williams/Eastwood/Jackson with Pritchard.

I also think you will see Pritchard head to the UK or possibly retire after this season in which would open a spot for Lloyd or Tim fulltime.

17. will be finicuane.
Browne and Perret will be in NSW cup

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I saw that, DaPingPongKing killed a man with a trident.

DaPingPongKing, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
It was for good reason though, Bmoz is ours. I'll take credit for his signature in the form of thumb-ups.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Pritchard

I really like the look of that pack. Lots of size, skill and versatility there. And when you consider Jackson can cover in the backs and hooker and potentially Williams can cover in the halves it won't be a big risk carrying 4 forwards.

Safe to say we won't be having a problem with go forward when you have klemmer and kas coming off the bench. Really excited for 2015 now. Can't wait to see a fully fit forward pack firing.

And with licha's fitness (will struggle to get 80 mins out of him). It will be good to train up Jackson to fill in at dummy half for 5-10 mins. So we don't sacrifice a bench spot for a utility.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really like the look of that pack. Lots of size, skill and versatility there. And when you consider Jackson can cover in the backs and hooker and potentially Williams can cover in the halves it won't be a big risk carrying 4 forwards.

Safe to say we won't be having a problem with go forward when you have klemmer and kas coming off the bench. Really excited for 2015 now. Can't wait to see a fully fit forward pack firing.

And with licha's fitness (will struggle to get 80 mins out of him). It will be good to train up Jackson to fill in at dummy half for 5-10 mins. So we don't sacrifice a bench spot for a utility.
Im confident with Jackson playing 20mins at hooker. can push frank, eastwood or finucane wide at ease. There will only be two people at fault if we don't dominate some teams this season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think you'll find this.

Club realise that Lloyd is off contract and is a HUGE talent likely to be snapped up.

So do we lose him, or not?

NO... we sign him on a longer term deal, so by the time that deal is over, he will be ready to play NRL on a regular level.

I think you'll find thats the idea behind the contract. Lock him in so nobody else can get him, regardless of if he plays first grade or NSW Cup.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sally? the woman with Piano keys as teeth and talks like she has mouth full of marbles under water or whatever! very annoying voice TBH

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you'll find this.

Club realise that Lloyd is off contract and is a HUGE talent likely to be snapped up.

So do we lose him, or not?

NO... we sign him on a longer term deal, so by the time that deal is over, he will be ready to play NRL on a regular level.

I think you'll find thats the idea behind the contract. Lock him in so nobody else can get him, regardless of if he plays first grade or NSW Cup.
Yeah because they all finish their contracts....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Under 20's hooker Denzel King has signed with the Northern Pride in Q Cup.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though i have plenty of tym for lloyd pez and acknowledge he is our future u cant honestly put him and kasiano on the same level. Kas can blow a game apart on his own and do things young lloyd could only hope for in the future. For me i honestly wouldnt have re-signed tim browne esp with the progression of klem. I think the club felt sorry for his horrific injury and looked after him accordingly which is prob the right thing to do but not at the expense of kas

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im confident with Jackson playing 20mins at hooker. can push frank, eastwood or finucane wide at ease. There will only be two people at fault if we don't dominate some teams this season.
Why would you play Jackson for 20 mins at hooker? Hooker is the most tiring and demanding position on the field. Jackson does enough work on the field in defence. Better option is maybe putting Reynolds there and switching TRex to 5/8. (Thats if we have a bench full of forwards ofcourse.)

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Bulldogs January 31 - February 1: NRL Auckland Nines v Sydney Roosters, Brisbane Broncos and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
Eden Park, Auckland.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
any idea why we never nabbed kevin locke?
nope... could have been for a number of reasons... lack of interest from either party, maybe he's not a good bloke, not willing to pay etc... no one will ever know.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would you play Jackson for 20 mins at hooker? Hooker is the most tiring and demanding position on the field. Jackson does enough work on the field in defence. Better option is maybe putting Reynolds there and switching TRex to 5/8. (Thats if we have a bench full of forwards ofcourse.)
Jackson gives better service than Reynolds and is fitter and better in defence. Reynolds is a horrible hooker, and apart from a dummy half run he offers nothing over Jackson. Moving Reynolds to hooker would be a complete mess.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
any idea why we never nabbed kevin locke?
I heard a lot of stories about him being a big drinker and party boy and poor trainer! That and was paid massive overs

Status
Not open for further replies.