Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If I said that David Williams was on the skids at Manly, playing NSW Cup at present, and looking to be bumped as they are trying to battle salary cap concerns.

Would you tell me to F OFF if I was the the Bulldogs and thinking of purchasing him as a winger?

Personally I think he's as rocks and diamonds as Inu.

FFS Josh Mansour was bloody available why we weren't in for him baffles me. Can cover FB & Wing

PS....MR I, are you sure you ain't Carlos Tuimavave agent? ;) :o :confused: Seems you have been banging on about him for years now. The guys average at best
In NYC Carlos was a try scoring machine ... something like 25 or 28 tries in a season.

I stand by that !

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If I said that David Williams was on the skids at Manly, playing NSW Cup at present, and looking to be bumped as they are trying to battle salary cap concerns.

Would you tell me to F OFF if I was the the Bulldogs and thinking of purchasing him as a winger?

In NYC Carlos was a try scoring machine ... something like 25 or 28 tries in a season.

I stand by that !
Low is still the highest try scorer in NYC history...

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The wolfman hey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I stand by that !
I was just messing with ya mate :grinning: no offence intended. TBH David Williams is NSWcup quality too. Don't get me wrong the guy can find the try line(great finisher) but just like Nathan Merritt offers

nothing else to the side.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I stand by that !
Mr I. 99% of the time I'm with you. This Carlos love has to go. He is deadset average mate :P

Big no to the wolfman, passed it and injury proned. Manlys other winger Taufua would be a huge yes if still off contract.

Better yet. Folau is a rockstar... Where is Fifitas money going???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon he's too big a risk with injury (Wolfman).

Oh ... lets sign Matt Duffie (available) for our other wing.

That way we can have

2. Corona
5. Duff

Suprised the Dogs haven't made a play for Moga (though injury prone), or Ken Sio (available after this season).

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Something tells me we are stacking money for someone big, a crisis in the backline, 3 losses in a row and our club has not panicked and signed anyone just to fill in, and now that Ennis has signed with the Sharks we have MORE money, I have a feeling our "ROCKSTAR" is very close to coming

TOMORROW MAYBE?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something tells me we are stacking money for someone big, a crisis in the backline, 3 losses in a row and our club has not panicked and signed anyone just to fill in, and now that Ennis has signed with the Sharks we have MORE money, I have a feeling our "ROCKSTAR" is very close to coming

TOMORROW MAYBE?
You would think so but who ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

TOMORROW MAYBE?
If it's for next season then they won't be announced 'til after June 30. If it's for this season then they won't be announced until they have signed and started training with the squad.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sio would make sense as parra have just recently re signed both there wingers, his still available and is quality

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh this is my point if we didn't give Ennis a deal and we got out of Fifitas contract (thank ****) we are obviously after someone big. I just don't know who. No one big is off contract. Tedesco was the best fullback with Milford available both locked up.

Only logic I see is K Hunt which I don't see leaving QLD, or Hoffman who wouldn't command anywhere near the amount saved up.

I've always thought we will see Folau with us since he was looking at coming back to league from AFL. I wouldn't be suprised if we give Perrett a run for 2015 and lock Folau up for 2016. If it meant we got Folau for 2-3 seasons I would bare with that. Hopefully if it is the case the bulk of the squad like Graham, Tolman, Kasiano, Pritchard, Williams, Reynolds, Hodkinson, Morris, Lichaa, Klemmer, Jackson, Finucane, Lafai are all still here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If it's for next season then they won't be announced 'til after June 30. If it's for this season then they won't be announced until they have signed and started training with the squad.
June 30 makes no sense for next season. That is the cut off for players to switch for THIS season. The contracts can be registered now as it's past Round 13, so any signing now can be locked in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't being serious obviously
It wouldn't be too harsh. He's a decent backup half but we don't need a wife beater at our club.

I say ban anyone who mentions Robert Lui... crap, I just mentioned him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Folau will never come back to the Nrl unless something drastic happens. The Nrl had their chance and they messed him around. Besides he has already achieved alot in league and he's never going to get the money he is getting now by coming back. Add to that the fact he travels around the world and probably doesn't play as many games. Thinking that the club will secure folau is an absolute dream.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I still pray that we get the Fish from the Warriors. He is injured till Rd16, but I don't care. Grab him now, he isn't going to make the Warriors top team for quite some time, and definitely not at Fullback which is where he is best. C'mon Ms Castle, make it happen!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Folau will never come back to the Nrl unless something drastic happens. The Nrl had their chance and they messed him around. Besides he has already achieved alot in league and he's never going to get the money he is getting now by coming back. Add to that the fact he travels around the world and probably doesn't play as many games. Thinking that the club will secure folau is an absolute dream.
I don't think so at all. He has already said he will come back to league at some stage I'm sure I read this the other month. Union is in the shit money wise and now with the new rules in the NRL about the NRL being able to help pay the ELITE players he could certainly earn 1mil + a year.

All this play less games crap makes no sense to me. I'm a competitive sport person and I would not think being paid for playing less is something that they factor in at all. He is still young and yet to hit his prime. He is not a injury proned tampon. These guys desire to test themselves.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I don't think so at all. He has already said he will come back to league at some stage I'm sure I read this the other month. Union is in the shit money wise and now with the new rules in the NRL about the NRL being able to help pay the ELITE players he could certainly earn 1mil + a year.
But given what the likes of Toulon will pay him, and that the ARU is looking to relax the rules around having to soley play in Australia (meaning that players may be able to do short term contracts in French/Japan rugby which pay big bucks), it could mean there is enough cash in Union to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.