Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think he means Kevin Naiqama. The guy is a gun fullback but won't get a run ahead of Moylan.
Kev's been around a long time, including playing a decent amount of first grade. Debuted in NRL in 2010.

Used to have a brilliant 80s style flat top hairdo.

But in his mid 20s he hasn't kicked off like he should have. Better to invest in young talent than a struggling park footballer mid career.

Wes is past it already ...

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
Found this on the NRL website not sure if it's been posted already but
does anyone know of him or seen him play....?

McInally made it a quick-fire double after an enthusiastic kick-chase by the Canterbury Bulldogs-bound winger enabled the 25-year-old to cross to chalk again. Malone made no mistake with the conversion to help add some respectability back to the scoreboard as it read 44-10 to the Pride inside the final 15 minutes.
http://www.nrl.com/wells-scores-six-in-burleigh-romp/tabid/10874/newsid/79412/default.aspx

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whos McInally?
Been a Queensland Cup player for years. Seen as a massive talent but can be suspect in defence.

One thing to note, he bought a house in Queensland about 1 year ago but I don't think he has any family living there so he may not get homesick and after spending many years in the Queensland Cup he may do anything to finally get a chance in first grade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be a depth signing, nothing more.

Jarrod McInally, 190cm / 90kgs / 25 yr old, winger/fullback for Easts Tigers, Same club we got Thompson from.

Would have to relocate here as he owns a house and has all his family in Qld.

Supposidely meant to be very quick and ellusive with decent defence and safe under the high ball.

http://www.smpimages.com/media.details.php?mediaID=169918
http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=286&Itemid
Does anyone know if he's coming this year or next.

Personally I'm sick of depth signings - really wish we could snare a decent back, doesn't have to be a "rockstar" just someone good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It seems there are options out there, but MUST be reasons why we are shying away from them.

I mean, we missed out on James Roberts, and Koroibete, and Fergo was never going to be considered.

The potential players that might be available now/next season, it seems the club is happy to watch sign elsewhere, whilst they sit on their hands waiting for a "rockstar" to save the day.

and yet supposidely we have signed some park footballer from Qld Cup whose already into mid 20s.

I don't understand it.

• Are we over exaggerating the potential skills of available players?
  • Does the club see something we don't about the options?
  • Has the club simply given up on looking?
  • Is the club not actively in the search for a fullback?
  • Have they already secured someone and are keeping coy?

About the only thing I can think, is that we already have someone lined up, but can't get them till next year, and its been kept under wraps at the moment.

On the flipside, sometimes I get this bad feeling that people running our club don't have a clue.

I mentioned a player a while back who is a spitting image of a baby Israel Folau, his name is David Fusitua from the warrior. I reckon him and CoRona would be wrecking balls.

if you take anything from this article, he does meet the requirements of the "no dickhead" policy.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/10019643/David-Fusitu-a-has-league-world-at-his-feet
Doesn't meet the "available player" criteria though:

He recently re-signed with the club through until the end of 2015.
Plus has all his family in NZ and still lives with them. That's a hard bond to break.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just to add to the rumour thread , any it's only that came from a mate who is a die hard dragons fan reckons we are in talks with Quinlin

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just to add to the rumour thread , any it's only that came from a mate who is a die hard dragons fan reckons we are in talks with Quinlin
I'd take him, he isn't the worst option we have.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems there are options out there, but MUST be reasons why we are shying away from them.

I mean, we missed out on James Roberts, and Koroibete, and Fergo was never going to be considered.

The potential players that might be available now/next season, it seems the club is happy to watch sign elsewhere, whilst they sit on their hands waiting for a "rockstar" to save the day.

and yet supposidely we have signed some park footballer from Qld Cup whose already into mid 20s.

I don't understand it.

• Are we over exaggerating the potential skills of available players?
  • Does the club see something we don't about the options?
  • Has the club simply given up on looking?
  • Is the club not actively in the search for a fullback?
  • Have they already secured someone and are keeping coy?

About the only thing I can think, is that we already have someone lined up, but can't get them till next year, and its been kept under wraps at the moment.

On the flipside, sometimes I get this bad feeling that people running our club don't have a clue.

Doesn't meet the "available player" criteria though:

Plus has all his family in NZ and still lives with them. That's a hard bond to break.
James Roberts had massive discipline issues first at Souths and then at Penrith and was sacked from both clubs. Do you really want him? Koroibete has John Sila's defensive abilities, there is a reason why he was overlooked for others in the Tigers squad, plus he is a winger only and has no ball playing ability that is required in a fullback. Perrett would remain a better option. Alonmg with that our current wing options in Brown, Stanley, Thompson and Inu are all better than those 2. Kevin Locke could have been an option for fullback but the Warriors weren't going to release him for this year and then the Salford owner offered him massive money to go there which he accepted. He is an injury prone player who simply wasn't worth what he was asking.

It isn't as simple as saying this player looks good lets sign him, as many people on here seem to think

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why not have a crack at Mortimer to cover considering we don't have any first grade ready depth in the halves or fullback.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why we didnt*

Now he's signed with the Titans effective immediately.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why we didnt*

Now he's signed with the Titans effective immediately.
I don't why eh, his Uncle would of been proud as hell to see their name running around in the Blue and White once more.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who is to say we didn't. Once Origin is over Mortimer would get no game time with us. At the Titans he will probably play first grade for the rest of the year with Sezer and Henry both out and would also fancy his chances of playing a fair bit of hooker in the next couple of years, either starting or off the bench because no one has been able to hold down that position yet at the Tits. If you're Mortimer who would you want to play with to help your career?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is to say we didn't. Once Origin is over Mortimer would get no game time with us. At the Titans he will probably play first grade for the rest of the year with Sezer and Henry both out and would also fancy his chances of playing a fair bit of hooker in the next couple of years, either starting or off the bench because no one has been able to hold down that position yet at the Tits. If you're Mortimer who would you want to play with to help your career?
I'd say Falloon, Carter and Shrama would all be ahead of Mortimer at Hooker but you never know, he could sneak his way in there and he does get the rest of the season to prove himself to any other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.