Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't say I am sold on Tedesco or Stewart. Both seem to be injury proned. If Tedesco can remain injury free that's great. But would the club really risk around $600000 on an injury prone player? Surely Des understands bring Stewart over is a tad stupid considering his age and injury prone. Glenn is also a stupid signing if true. Old, disrupt team harmony (from the rumours I have heard from Sea Eagle supporters), and to think how many second rowers we have already. I think the NRL Lurker stated that Des is unhappy with our second rowers at the moment. I can't see why Des would have an issue with Pritchard (just gave him co-captaincy). Finucane is playing well. I can understand he might want more from T-REX and Jackson but he has stood by T-REX in the past. Can't believe anything you hear from the media. That's what I have learn't in the past 5 months regarding Bulldog Signings. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anyone anytime soon.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't say I am sold on Tedesco or Stewart. Both seem to be injury proned. If Tedesco can remain injury free that's great. But would the club really risk around $600000 on an injury prone player? Surely Des understands bring Stewart over is a tad stupid considering his age and injury prone. Glenn is also a stupid signing if true. Old, disrupt team harmony (from the rumours I have heard from Sea Eagle supporters), and to think how many second rowers we have already. I think the NRL Lurker stated that Des is unhappy with our second rowers at the moment. I can't see why Des would have an issue with Pritchard (just gave him co-captaincy). Finucane is playing well. I can understand he might want more from T-REX and Jackson but he has stood by T-REX in the past. Can't believe anything you hear from the media. That's what I have learn't in the past 5 months regarding Bulldog Signings. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anyone anytime soon.
Stewart is massively injury prone. More than Campo and that's a lot.

Tedesco has been injured once. It was a major injury which is why everyone keeps thinking he's injury prone but he's actually only been properly injured once and he's very young. He left the game early last week 'cause he was concussed which was probably amplified by the 20 head knocks he took the week before.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tedesco has been injured once. It was a major injury which is why everyone keeps thinking he's injury prone but he's actually only been properly injured once and he's very young. He left the game early last week 'cause he was concussed which was probably amplified by the 20 head knocks he took the week before.
I thought Tedesco got injured twice. First his ACL and then played last year mostly with a cracked fibula?

N

Natboy

Yeah poor guy does his ACL once and he's more injury prone than brett stewart, kyle stanley, brad clyde, laurie daley, kevin locke & justin hodges all together!!

Perrett is solid at fullback but not Benjamin button so he's not going to get any faster!! Of course we are after a fullback. Our CEO even made that public! I've done so many exclamation marks!! lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Tedesco got injured twice. First his ACL and then played last year mostly with a cracked fibula?
Yeah, he cracked his fibula too but it wasn't a major injury. He said it hurt if he took a hard his to the leg but it didn't slow him down at all and it's not something that could get worse without someone taking a sledgehammer to his leg.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I started the Stewarts rumour on twitter. I tweeted it to one of the journos tongue in cheek and he retweeted it.
Next day it was on triple m and fox sports.
Just goes to show these journos know nothing and will print anything

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

Yeah it's the fact that he's at the beginning of his career and he was cut down by a blade of grass that has people concerned I think.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score

B Stewart played has played 60 games in the last 3 years which isn't too bad

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon we should sell T. rex and that would free enough money to buy enough players for 2 first grade teams we can buy the Australian national team aswel

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah poor guy does his ACL once and he's more injury prone than brett stewart, kyle stanley, brad clyde, laurie daley, kevin locke & justin hodges all together!!

Perrett is solid at fullback but not Benjamin button so he's not going to get any faster!! Of course we are after a fullback. Our CEO even made that public! I've done so many exclamation marks!! lol
!!! Haha!

Yeah it's the fact that he's at the beginning of his career and he was cut down by a blade of grass that has people concerned I think.
Yeah, he is still young so he has time to condition and improve his body aswell.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon we should sell T. rex and that would free enough money to buy enough players for 2 first grade teams we can buy the Australian national team aswel
Sell him do you really think we would get our $650,000 back!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The stewart bros situation is not just a rumour. Cop the tip. And no my peni$ id not big its above average lol!!!
I really hope we don't sign the grub Stewart bro's, if Des want's to change the dogs into manly I would prefer he go back their. I hate Manly like everyone else with passion and it took some time to get use to Hasler coming over. Hodko was ok cause he was a rookie from there and T-rex is barely ever awake so he didn't ever get on my bad side but the Stewart's arrgh!

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see the logic in going after Brett Stewart to be honest..

Has only few years left in his career, but lets face it, he is a very good player, and is a great fullback.

If Des sees Templeman as the long term fullback, he may not want to bring in a young player like Hiku or Tedesco, and may see Stewart play for a couple of years, then Templeman take over..

Status
Not open for further replies.