Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know with all this talk about fullbacks it still smells fishy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Natboy

very fleet footed and once in space has some serious pace and can break the line if a hole opens just for a instant - Reece also is great at backing up forwards and is always snooping around the ruck i've noticed - I remember he was carving up when Dugan was injured a few years back.
Yeah we need someone to run off our big forwards like Barba did. Perrett can't keep up

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Unsure if this has been posted or not apologize if it has

@bluenwhiteau: Rumours now circulating that Reece Robinson may be a mid-season transfer to the Bulldogs as early as next week.
yes please, extremely talented and wasted on the wing. Reece is a gun FB in the making

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Reece Robinson...fuk yeah! Top player who was killing it at number 1 when he got an opportunity there for canberra

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh this is the only signing I feel will happen because of Ricky Stuart being a former player at our club which I think the only person that will cooperate with us

N

Natboy

I think with the recent signing of Fifita the Fullbacks we were in talks with may actually consider making the switch.
Very good point brother. Imagine being a young fullback with an opportunity to chase our big mobile forwards around sniffing for offloads!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing Robinson is Lebanese he should fit right into the club structure. Could be the new Hazem El Masri

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I thought he and his brother were souths juniors? Could be wrong

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing with Robinson is would he be considered a star fullback Raelene is chasing? I am sure if Des and his team get a player they will have all the attributes to make a great fullback. Not too sure who that will be though :p

Fifita is probably the biggest signing I have ever witnesses which is good to see. we finally have a CEO and coach combination to be able to chase and sign some bigger name players (tired of bleeding superstars for so long). Just hope all the finances are in place because hasler did have a tendency to back end lots of the manly boys which left the club is a little hot water. Hopefully our CEO can get the money available for des to do his job.

And in terms of our cap situation there is no reason we would be close to the cap (look who left last season and look who came in) most of the money would have gone to re-signing players. And players usually have a tendency to stay for less if they have been around for a while (Pritchard, lafai, finucane, kasiano etc).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh this is the only signing I feel will happen because of Ricky Stuart being a former player at our club which I think the only person that will cooperate with us
Also him and hasler are very good freinds

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would love for Reece to come to our club, but I'm not sure Canberra would release him. Once Milford heads to the Broncs in 2015, who is going to play at the back for the Raiders?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love for Reece to come to our club, but I'm not sure Canberra would release him. Once Milford heads to the Broncs in 2015, who is going to play at the back for the Raiders?
That is a question we forgot to ask ourselves before releasing Barba.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't stop him from having a cry to the papers having a go at the dogs saying we used him by throwing his name around as a smokescreen for des

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you people are worried about Perrett and even Barba's defence then you won't want a bar of Robinson.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have a very talented Fullback named Jack Ahearn this kid will be a superstar. I'm guessing they will play Milford there this year and give Ahearn a chance next year.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reese Robinson, 'cause 5 Fullbacks in the NSW Cup just isn't enough.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
More signings coming soon

Thought id let you guys know apparently there's a few more signings coming soon,
my boss met with Barry Ward today and last week for sponsorship purposes.
anyway long story short I asked him last week who he thought we should watch out for, he said some youngster named something Elliot. Anyway today I said we got a couple of good signings, his reply was "yeah and few more on the way" so I asked him who he said any fullbacks? He said its coming soon but can't name any names as it could stall negotiations.
Happy days
p.s BW is a top bloke havent met a nicer bloke, he threw in a couple of corporate tickets for the next home game, can't wait, think its vs Newcastle.

N

Natboy

Thought id let you guys know apparently there's a few more signings coming soon,
my boss met with Barry Ward today and last week for sponsorship purposes.
anyway long story short I asked him last week who he thought we should watch out for, he said some youngster named something Elliot. Anyway today I said we got a couple of good signings, his reply was "yeah and few more on the way" so I asked him who he said any fullbacks? He said its coming soon but can't name any names as it could stall negotiations.
Happy days
p.s BW is a top bloke havent met a nicer bloke, he threw in a couple of corporate tickets for the next home game, can't wait, think its vs Newcastle.
Interesting. Must've been Adam elliot he was referring to. Yeah we have a decent wait until our next home game at ANZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.