Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis is off the field for 20-40 minutes? You do realise that he played evey minute of every match except for two last year. Round 4 vs Souths because he got knocked out and Round 18 v Melbourne when he came off with 5 minutes to go because we were up 38-0 at the time.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is not our problem we are rudderless when hes not there ,we have an average halfback and wingers
Disagree completely. Ennis gives his all, no doubting his commitment but he does not play like a modern hooker should be playing. He is too slow and he really stifles our attack. We need a hooker who can dart out of dummy half in order to open up gaps for us out wide. yes, we also need a gun half back and a few speedy wingers. Its just unbelievable to think the club has not developed enough quality wingers in the lower grades.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to the headshots, these are the new recruits for NRL and NYC for 2014.

Chris Binge - Broncos
Kayne Brennan, Chase Stanley, Damien Cook - Dragons
Reni Maitua, Pat O'Hanlon - Eels
Tyrone Phillips, Sam Gerrey-Burgess - Souths
Brock Cope, Charles Moreton - Sharks
Sonny Tupuola - Raiders

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a history of no nonsense gritty hookers who are exactly flashy in attack but play with 100% commitment. Ennis, Perry, hetherington, Thomas to name a few. Bar ennis we've won a comp with all of them.

I'd rather have a hooker who has a go 100% of the time then one of these hot and cold islanders who disappear when things get tough
Hot and cold islanders! Nothing better then some racist rubbish to validate your point. Do you really believe that someones ethnicity has any impact upon them giving 100% or disappearing when times get tough?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disagree completely. Ennis gives his all, no doubting his commitment but he does not play like a modern hooker should be playing. He is too slow and he really stifles our attack. We need a hooker who can dart out of dummy half in order to open up gaps for us out wide. yes, we also need a gun half back and a few speedy wingers. Its just unbelievable to think the club has not developed enough quality wingers in the lower grades.
He rarely gets out from dummy half where he used too ,i think its dessies game plan ,also all the guy does is tackle his heart out after we give away stupid penalties all the time

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope Dessies game plan this season it to start getting Ennis to run more from dummy half - Last season he pinched an easy 15mtrs as the markers were not expecting him to dart out of dummy. I cheered so much at home when it happened the neighbours put in a noise complaint plus I embarrassed the missus! haha

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He rarely gets out from dummy half where he used too ,i think its dessies game plan ,also all the guy does is tackle his heart out after we give away stupid penalties all the time
Well if he respects the refs a little more he will get away with a lot more on the field and won't need to tackle as much .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if he respects the refs a little more he will get away with a lot more on the field and won't need to tackle as much .
He was pretty respectful last season. He would approach the refs and say "Sir, can I talk to you" and if they said "No" he got back in line. Otherwise he would talk to the refs about whatever to give the team time to get in the defensive line.

I think he's improved a heck of a lot which leaves it to Reynolds and Inu (and occasionally Pritchard) to give away the stupid penalties now.

N

Natboy

I'd be interested in who topped our penalty count last year. Researchers? :grinning:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think a combo of the two. I see another hooker playing a segaryo type role, as well as preparing the Bulldogs for life after Ennis. Could come on 10mins before halftime to really up the tempo for the Bulldogs.

N

Natboy

I think a combo of the two. I see another hooker playing a segaryo type role, as well as preparing the Bulldogs for life after Ennis. Could come on 10mins before halftime to really up the tempo for the Bulldogs.
Yeah that's what I've been saying too because some people make out Ennis is cameron smith.
I like him but want more attacking spark & speed out of dummy half
Moses would look good 10 mins before halftime wouldn't he!

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tyrone Roberts? Thought he was very impressive in the knights run in the finals last season. Off contract at the end of the year too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tyrone Roberts? Thought he was very impressive in the knights run in the finals last season. Off contract at the end of the year too.
Pretty sure he's the Knights long term halfback. Hence why they've moved Gidley to dummy half.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sione kaivelata with the Dogs now? former rabbitohs winger. was playing for sydney uni after an nyc stint. big big human being.
I think you mean:-
no.3 Sione Fukofuka a jnr centre and the brother of Matt had a ban in recent years

N

Natboy

Pretty decent player. Grandpa Wayne only lets who he wants go though

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the knights have also picked up Jaelen Feeney from our nyc who looked promising.
but if we have a combo like:-

6. Robbie Kamoto --- footwork
7. Brendan Cox

we should do pretty good as next years nyc squad looks pretty solid...

Status
Not open for further replies.