Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know what his intentions are? Will he want to stay at the bulldogs or head back home to England when his contract expires at the end of this year?
Lets hope he sticks around as we have lost another great prospect to the panthers another giant prop by the name of Leilani Latu...

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
an young winger signs with the dogs for nyc

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1819679/tiger-gorman-signs-with-dogs/

THE disappointment of a Group Nine grand final loss has been soothed for Gundagai winger Tyron Gorman after signing with Canterbury Bulldogs’ under 20s team for next season.

Grabbing the opportunity with both hands, the rising representative star has been the target of NRL clubs for his sensational season on the wing for Tigers in his first full stint in the top grade.

Gorman was elevated to first grade from under 18s at the start of the year, but was handpicked by Bulldogs scouts at a trial earlier in the year and virtually secured a contract on the spot.

Speaking yesterday, Gorman said he was stoked to finally sign the papers on Wednesday night.

“I just went for a trial with the Bulldogs a few months ago and they told me afterwards that I’d played well enough to get a contract,” Gorman said yesterday.

“I was happy with how I went, they pretty much told me they’d offer me a contract.”

A burgeoning talent ready to crack the top grade, Gorman has starred for NSW Country and Bidgee Bulls under 18s representative teams this season in a nod to a huge future for the 18-year-old high school student.

The well-built young winger said playing in the NRL was his life-long dream, and he’s ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
an young winger signs with the dogs for nyc

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1819679/tiger-gorman-signs-with-dogs/

THE disappointment of a Group Nine grand final loss has been soothed for Gundagai winger Tyron Gorman after signing with Canterbury Bulldogs’ under 20s team for next season.

Grabbing the opportunity with both hands, the rising representative star has been the target of NRL clubs for his sensational season on the wing for Tigers in his first full stint in the top grade.

Gorman was elevated to first grade from under 18s at the start of the year, but was handpicked by Bulldogs scouts at a trial earlier in the year and virtually secured a contract on the spot.

Speaking yesterday, Gorman said he was stoked to finally sign the papers on Wednesday night.

“I just went for a trial with the Bulldogs a few months ago and they told me afterwards that I’d played well enough to get a contract,” Gorman said yesterday.

“I was happy with how I went, they pretty much told me they’d offer me a contract.”

A burgeoning talent ready to crack the top grade, Gorman has starred for NSW Country and Bidgee Bulls under 18s representative teams this season in a nod to a huge future for the 18-year-old high school student.

The well-built young winger said playing in the NRL was his life-long dream, and he’s ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

I remember reading this a while ago.

Tiger Gorman signs with Dogs By Pamela Whaley Oct. 4, 2013, 7 a.m.

N

Natboy

I'm glad he isn't from Queensland and there's not much to get homesick of in Gundagai apart from the dog on the tucker box & hills

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice to have a good young winger in the ranks. We will need them in a few years.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds very promising ,both he and sila can push each other and when they are ready take that dud browns wing spot

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any know if Ennis will be resigned and how long? I thought was sign until 2015 but had another look today says his contract finishes end of 2014?

Also he on the wrong side of thirty and is slowing esp in the last two years.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does any know if Ennis will be resigned and how long? I thought was sign until 2015 but had another look today says his contract finishes end of 2014?

According to Zerotackle, he is contracted with us until the end of this year. As for RE-signing don't think anyone here would know at the moment but he could chuck a Steve Price and sign up with another club which I highly doubt, maybe we would RE-sign him for less money if he wants to stay put at the Bulldogs.

N

Natboy

You'd think the club would resign him regardless but I'm very interesting to see if Moses is slowly blooded this year. That may be a factor too

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

hopefully we fuk him off to the knights

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Pretty sure Ennis isn't even 30 yet. So definitely can't be considered past it. 2013 was one of his better years which he did play with a few less injuries (doubt he was 100% though)

The only time we should get rid of him is if we have a capable replacement, that will have to be someone with the calibre of cam smith, Isaac Luke, robbie farah etc or a gun up and comer (like that sharks player). But apart from that no point in getting rid of one of our most consistent performers. I doubt our record without Ennis in the side is flash hot (when romelo and Reynolds were filling in).

I think Reynolds will be the long term replacement if he can fix up his defensive game otherwise the likes of mbye could be developed into a decent attacking hooker.

2014 will be crucial for the makeup of the side over the next 3 years with a couple of players on their last contract or possibly moving clubs (Morris in particular).

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Pretty sure Ennis isn't even 30 yet. So definitely can't be considered past it. 2013 was one of his better years which he did play with a few less injuries (doubt he was 100% though)

The only time we should get rid of him is if we have a capable replacement, that will have to be someone with the calibre of cam smith, Isaac Luke, robbie farah etc or a gun up and comer (like that sharks player). But apart from that no point in getting rid of one of our most consistent performers. I doubt our record without Ennis in the side is flash hot (when romelo and Reynolds were filling in).

I think Reynolds will be the long term replacement if he can fix up his defensive game otherwise the likes of mbye could be developed into a decent attacking hooker.

2014 will be crucial for the makeup of the side over the next 3 years with a couple of players on their last contract or possibly moving clubs (Morris in particular).
Of those players you mentioned I'd only take smith over ennis and that's because he's the beat hooker ever to play the game. Robbie Farrah is a whining little diva bitch which the club doesn't need and Isaac Luke is a grubby little punk who is unstoppable when his team is going well but when shit hits the fan and his team needs him to step up he goes missing except for the odd brain fart which costs his team a penalty

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Care to elaborate kind sir?
lol I have heaps of times. He's the most uncreative hooker we've ever had, no vision whatsoever. He stifles our attack something chronic and i can't wait till we have a hooker who can bring the forwards onto the ball, especially in the opp 20

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
lol I have heaps of times. He's the most uncreative hooker we've ever had, no vision whatsoever. He stifles our attack something chronic and i can't wait till we have a hooker who can bring the forwards onto the ball, especially in the opp 20
Preach!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ummm do you remember prior to Ennis...

I was going insane with bloody Hughes back in 2008.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We have a history of no nonsense gritty hookers who are exactly flashy in attack but play with 100% commitment. Ennis, Perry, hetherington, Thomas to name a few. Bar ennis we've won a comp with all of them.

I'd rather have a hooker who has a go 100% of the time then one of these hot and cold islanders who disappear when things get tough

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Ummm do you remember prior to Ennis...

I was going insane with bloody Hughes back in 2008.
I don't remember yesterday mate , but yeah fukin smack lol. He never got talked up like ennis though .
you know how I feel watching ennis destroy us

Status
Not open for further replies.