Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you hear that Sam Thaiday is no longer our Captain?

Wait, what's up with all the blue and white...
Lol pre-season boredom and lack of anything actually been reported about the club at the moment i guess.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't had a good FLB rumour for ages.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because we have exhausted them all^^^ lol
I know, it's pathetic really,
we have one of the best clubs in the league, with a rich history of success and failure,
For some reason the majority of what we talk about is player signings and who should move on and who should stay,
I blame the salary cap for that,
We should be supporting who we have and discussing what we have, more that who we should get and sack,

I am guilty of it to,

The season can't come quick enough for me, this has been the worst off season yet IMO

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we have one of the best clubs in the league, with a rich history of success and failure,
For some reason the majority of what we talk about is player signings and who should move on and who should stay,
We should be supporting who we have and discussing what we have, more that who we should get and sack,

I am guilty of it to,

The season can't come quick enough for me, this has been the worst off season yet IMO
Mmmm nah last off season was worse. GF final lost, graham suspended for so long, kas out injured and knew it. barba and his crap.

It's boring and driving me insane too, though recommend you lads get on the NBA!

GO HARDEN!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mmmm nah last off season was worse. GF final lost, graham suspended for so long, kas out injured and knew it. barba and his crap.

It's boring and driving me insane too, though recommend you lads get on the NBA!

GO HARDEN!
Yeah but all those things gave us something to talk about,
I love our club and take the good with the bad the highs and the lows is all part of supporting our club,

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am guilty of it to,

Yep for sure, i think the main reason for all the talk of player signings is (whether everyone wants to admit it or not) is we are a couple of really good players short of a premiership. Don't get me wrong, we have a strong and competitive lineup but just lack that something to go that little step further.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep for sure, i think the main reason for all the talk of player signings is (whether everyone wants to admit it or not) is we are a couple of really good players short of a premiership. Don't get me wrong, we have a strong and competitive lineup but just lack that something to go that little step further.
The biggest thing we lack is a kicking game.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree,
It was the difference between us and the storm in 2012 was the difference between Cronk and Keating,

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I admit to thinking that!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree,
It was the difference between us and the storm in 2012 was the difference between Cronk and Keating,
Yep for sure, i don't think we are too far off though. A big signing or maybe some young guys coming good is all it takes, we already have the nucleus for a very good side.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree,
Our 1,7 & 9 are rubbish. Plus our 2013 game plan was bomb until something happens and 9 out of 10 times nothung happened.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our 1,7 & 9 are rubbish. Plus our 2013 game plan was bomb until something happens and 9 out of 10 times nothung happened.
I think our number 9 would be a lot better with a decent 7 that actually has a kicking game and could create attacking opportunities. Can't comment on our number 1 because we don't have one lol

Reaction score
The biggest thing we lack is a kicking game.
used to be the opposition team that you had to beat to win, now it's the referee. nrl these days seems not to be a contest between 2 teams, but rather which team can come off less affected by the referee's.

it's pretty much expected that 1 team is going to cop consecutive penalties. we've been on the end of that too many times to remember. uses up all our fuel defending repeat sets in our own half. a long kicking game would be very welcome.

as for a short kicking game, look at the 2012 gf for what the cost is for not having a good kicker. melbourne rushed us all match. where were the grubbers or chips to stop them rushing us. someone like turvey or shifty would of been able to counter that.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This really makes me think that Des during the off season had a good long think about his plan for this year. As whatever the plan was in 2013 should not repeat itself in 2014.

He is a smart man, I'm sure he has a plan to sort our lack of creativity, that's just me being optimistic.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the boys including trex look heaps leaner and fitter this year

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very surprised Kayne Brennan is not part of the top squad, I expect him to make his mark ahead of Sila who still has alot to learn.
also we have a picked up a winger from the country for nyc next year forgot were I read it though.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All the boys including trex look heaps leaner and fitter this year
Seen Trex a few weeks ago and yes, he has definitely trimmed down. I expect his strength is still there but more agile...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw inu a few weeks ago and he looked like a beast. Looked fit as, dropped some weight and just looks really solid. I really think he'll be our fb come round 1

Sent from your mums house

Status
Not open for further replies.