Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
....so I assume nobody has a clue whether James graham is extending his contact??
Who cares. The club's retention policy can only be described as weird so he'll most likely be heading back to the ESL.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did the dogs sign a guy called Tyrone Phillips from Souths. Who is he

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Did the dogs sign a guy called Tyrone Phillips from Souths. Who is he
Young fullback, doubt he is our #1 for next year but could be good in NSW Cup and for depth.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another one of my crazy theories..

The reason why we may need to wait till after the GF is because
a) we genuinely don't have a replacement and we're looking
b) we've fielded an offer to Fergo, but Fergo will be contingent on SBW leaving.. as if SBW leaves, Fergo will be going to chooks, in which case we'd be either be at square one, or draw on Locke and Hoffman.

Also, my relative told me he read somewhere that Locke may be going to the Storm, with Slater moving to 6.

Lets hope the Hoffman rumours are true!
The Hoffman rumour is more than a rumour, stay tuned

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because people like that win u comps ^^^ and are a once in a generation type player and quite simply will strengthen our side period.
I agree he is an exceptional player, but come on...he wasn't even the best forward in the competition this year. With opur current back row, backline signings and especially fullback would be much more beneficial.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree he is an exceptional player, but come on...he wasn't even the best forward in the competition this year. With opur current back row, backline signings and especially fullback would be much more beneficial.
Yeh sweet bud ur spot on in relation to priority of backs over 2nd row. I never said we should chase him or even remotely think its possible, i was just answering the question at hand. Id definitely put sbw in the top 5 players in the nrl easy but hey thats just me. He makes other players look good something andrew johns was well admired for.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares. The club's retention policy can only be described as weird so he'll most likely be heading back to the ESL.
The club's policy atm is shitting me to tears tbh... Some people are in over their heads and they need to pull their finger out very quickly...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeh sweet bud ur spot on in relation to priority of backs over 2nd row. I never said we should chase him or even remotely think its possible, i was just answering the question at hand. Id definitely put sbw in the top 5 players in the nrl easy but hey thats just me. He makes other players look good something andrew johns was well admired for.
Fair enough mate....I took your comment "he win's you comps" to mean we should make him our top priority signing in order to win comps. You didn'y say that at all. My error in interpretation. Personally, I still don't like the guy....but he's a great athlete. I don't know if I'd put him in the top 5 best in league....I'd put him in the top 5 most gifted and in terms of ability to influence or impose his will on a game. I think there are forwards out there who are very creative/ can do freakish things and actually work a little harder (on field) though. Just my opinion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your glass of cyanide isn't quite half full....top up?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
PS I don't completely disagree with you....I don't think all has been rosy at the club this year by any means....I just am not ready to say the sky is falling yet....we'll get back on track....if we let Graham go, I'll be pissed.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS I don't completely disagree with you....I don't think all has been rosy at the club this year by any means....I just am not ready to say the sky is falling yet....we'll get back on track....if we let Graham go, I'll be pissed.
Mate not just this year...

Go back in the last 5 years and examine our retention policy and the players we lost, you'd have a GF winning team.

CRAZY BULLDOG FAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
can anyone comfirm a rumor ive heard that we have done a deal with brett stewart and also heard Sonny bill Williams is on our radar can anyone comfirm this or heard the same rumor

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I will say one thing, If Morris has to play fullback next year...he is gonnnneeee:(

He only agreed to it, as he thought it was short term. However not to the point were it would jeopardize his rep football, and make him take a few steps backwards in his career.

Our retention team needs a good kick!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone comfirm a rumor ive heard that we have done a deal with brett stewart and also heard Sonny bill Williams is on our radar can anyone comfirm this or heard the same rumor
Both are wrong...

We could have had SBW in 2013, but TG and some board members didn't want him...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say one thing, If Morris has to play fullback next year...he is gonnnneeee:(

He only agreed to it, as he thought it was short term. However not to the point were it would jeopardize his rep football, and make him take a few steps backwards in his career.

Our retention team needs a good kick!
Absolutely 100% correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.