Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't have made too much sense if we had signed him to be honest, roosters don't know how rts would go at fb and mini is goneskies this year or next and with a limitless bank acount and the auditor in their pocket I'm pretty sure naughton was never going anywhere else and he didn't even know it
Spot on, not to mention that we have Phillips and Templeman.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys lay off Dakar.

It seems every single person in that Fullback thread was against him.

From memory all i recall him saying was that Naughton had signed with a Sydney based club and that he would not disclose which, out of respect.

Everyone in the thread immediately assumed it was the Bulldogs but never for a minute did I understand why? I even mentioned that you should all stop jumping the gun or you will end up disappointed.

I even recall Dakar quoting someone at one point saying "I never said which club".

This isn't Dakar's fault at all, it's simply your own faults for convincing yourselves that Naughton was a sure signing.

Regarding the World Cup tip he has given, you are all expecting it to be Hoffman - when it isn't will that be his fault too?

I think a lot of you need to take a break and watch some NBA :grinning:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope phillips is rookie of the year 2014 lol.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Looks like Curtis Naughton has signed with the chooks..so much for everybody's inside knowledge..lols.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys lay off Dakar.

From memory all i recall him saying was that Naughton had signed with a Sydney based club and that he would not disclose which, out of respect.

Everyone in the thread immediately assumed it was the Bulldogs but never for a minute did I understand why? I even mentioned that you should all stop jumping the gun or you will end up disappointed.

I even recall Dakar quoting someone at one point saying "I never said which club".

This isn't Dakar's fault at all, it's simply your own faults for convincing yourselves that Naughton was a sure signing.

Regarding the World Cup tip he has given, you are all expecting it to be Hoffman - when it isn't will that be his fault too?

Spot on. Don't forget that several other reliable guys on here have backed up what Dakar has been saying.

That said, he hasn't really given us any names and we haven't burnt a witch at the stake in a while so...

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damien Cook is a solid depth signing. He looked the goods when i watched the cutters play last year

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You watch the rumour mill thread kick off now that the fullback discussion thread was closed haha

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Guys lay off Dakar.

Mate there were comments which have since been deleted by Jimmy which said that he was 50/50 with dogs and raiders and the support he got on twitter from dogs fans convinced him to come to us.
The whole time Dakar agreed and did nothing to quell evetyones excitement. Also if he knew and it was concrete what would it hurt to let us know?
Every prediction he has made has turned to shit. He pops up after 3 yrs of inactivity and all of a sudden he knows everything. He claims he was respecting Naughtons privacy but then posts private conversations with him.

He's full of shit. I couldn't care less if we never hear from him again

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone's just angry that we're not signing any big names or potential big names. Let's stop harassing each other and focus out hatred where it belongs... Parramatta.

Now, anyone got any good rumours?

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Q: (@j_khazen) Any news on who will be the fullback for the dogs?
The Lurker: At this stage it looks like being Josh Hoffman from the Broncos - but there are still a few other
contenders.

Q: (@mvalahu752) The Bulldogs have lost Joel Romelo. Who's their replacement for him?
The Lurker: It looks at this stage that the Bulldogs will start 2014 without an established back-up to skipper
Michael Ennis and will ‘manufacture’ a hooker from within their own ranks. Happens a lot these days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Lurker: At this stage it looks like being Josh Hoffman from the Broncos - but there are still a few other
contenders.

Q: (@mvalahu752) The Bulldogs have lost Joel Romelo. Who's their replacement for him?
The Lurker: It looks at this stage that the Bulldogs will start 2014 without an established back-up to skipper
Michael Ennis and will ‘manufacture’ a hooker from within their own ranks. Happens a lot these days.
My guess is Mbye or Templeman training as a hooker (more likely Mbye). But Ennis is invincible anyway.

I would like Hoffman but I really wouldn't mind developing a junior into a good fullback and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the path Des takes as at Manly he was more focused on junior development than recruiting big name stars. The one issue being what to do for a year while we get a junior ready. Maybe Hoffman on a 1 year contract wouldn't be a bad thing.

I should add that the Lurker is about as good as Triple M when it comes to accuracy.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
contenders.

LOL this lurker bloke doesnt know sh!t

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
My guess is Mbye or Templeman training as a hooker (more likely Mbye). But Ennis is invincible anyway.

I would like Hoffman but I really wouldn't mind developing a junior into a good fullback and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the path Des takes as at Manly he was more focused on junior development than recruiting big name stars. The one issue being what to do for a year while we get a junior ready. Maybe Hoffman on a 1 year contract wouldn't be a bad thing.

I should add that the Lurker is about as good as Triple M when it comes to accuracy.
Mybe looked good out of dummy half in NYC but in saying that will need a lot of work in the position...agree with the rest Hoffman plays hard & puts his body on the line plus runs great lines
Guess we have to wait & see until after the world cup
While fullback a major issue another one is our forwards who need to aim up after woeful season

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis plays pretty much every week, I am not too concerned about the lack of a backup hooker. The only game he missed was due to being concussed right?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys lay off Dakar.

He posted earlier "congratulations bulldog supporters or the kennel, curtis had signed on a tweet in the fullback discussion thread. Did u not see that.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis plays pretty much every week, I am not too concerned about the lack of a backup hooker. The only game he missed was due to being concussed right?
Your right. He doesn't miss many games. If he was to succumb to an injury though it would be nice to have someone with a bit of nrl experience to slot strait in. Maybe Reni?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He posted earlier "congratulations bulldog supporters or the kennel, curtis had signed on a tweet in the fullback discussion thread. Did u not see that.
I must have missed that. All I saw him say on twitter was "Congratulations, I have seen your contract but will respect your wishes" (or something along those lines) and he CC'd the Kennel into it. That was in reply to Curtis Naughton saying that he had chosen a club. Didn't see him say congratulations to the Bulldogs fans.

I do remember everyone in the Fullback thread using this as proof that he had signed with us.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is not a hooker. Hooker nowadays need to make 40 plus tackles a game plus initiate the attack and control the ruck. It may be too early on moses.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Yeah there are also a lot of tweets which have been deleted from that thread by people with so called inside info that was just utter bullshit. I was one of the ones who gave Dakar the benefit of the doubt. He has no runs on the board. He is full of it

Status
Not open for further replies.