Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id rather have graham at 5/8 than ever see soward in the blue and white

hes a piece of ****

if romelo goes id like to see us pick up morts he is a capable player and offers good depth

keating is staying though just so everyone knows 2 year deal is done apparently

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Soward should never be mentioned by anyone associated with the bulldogs unless it's to induce laughter. The bloke has been faking an injury for the past couple of weeks because he was going to be dropped, the gutless prick.

If that is the direction we want to go then you'd get better value if you stuck that gay little headgear on a tampon and putting that on the field. Chances are if someone tripped on the string it would end up with a higher tackle count than Soward ever would
LOL spot on!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know this aint the KK and romelo thread But after Romelo displayed he can fit into the 7 jersey and play just as well as KK in that Position
i would like to share this..... I F***** TOLD U SO!!

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know this aint the KK and romelo thread But after Romelo displayed he can fit into the 7 jersey and play just as well as KK in that Position
i would like to share this..... I F***** TOLD U SO!!
Incorrect. The amount of pressure on us in the second half was due to us not being able to kick deep enough or well enough.. KK would have been able to find a sideline or kick deep enough to make a tackle deep in there half rather than half way.

Mo

New Pup
Reaction score
Agreed. Keating's kicking game is much needed. But do think Romelo adds something important. Maybe having him on the bench as a utility taking Corey's spot. then again, Payne has played just about every game this year - Des knows best - whatever he does we should just go with it.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
romelo's kicking was good though, he found space behind the kickers and found the ground it was reynolds who did most of the kicking that kept hitting them on the chest

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
C'mon thats not totally true... I can recall twice when he kicked and chased really well. The kicking was shared and the dogs did really well.
The reason they got back into the game was cause Wright couldnt contain Uate and the refs with their unneccessary penalties tryin not to disappoint 30000 ppl who rocked up to see their team got whooped.

The bulldogs have 5 kickers on the field...

1. Ennis
2. Reynolds
3. Inu
4. Barba
5. Romelo

Given a lil Coaching im sure Romelo will be chief Kicker and be able to find space on numerous occassions.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Incorrect. The amount of pressure on us in the second half was due to us not being able to kick deep enough or well enough.. KK would have been able to find a sideline or kick deep enough to make a tackle deep in there half rather than half way.
I have not watched the game again, but at the ground, in the second half it certainly felt like we were losing the battle of the field position because our kicks lacked the necessary distance. We were lucky once when Uate stuffed up and let it bounce past him, which cost them 25 metres but otherwise, they started most sets in that second half on their 30 or better.

Having said that, I am not sure KK would have been able to do better in the same situation. His kicking game this year is far improved but last year he virtually picked out the fullback on the full most times.

P

Paint.

They were getting repeat sets everytime they got the ball, when we got it our forwards would bash down to the halfway mark and neither Romelo nor Boyd could force anything from there. Disappointing tbh

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
x2

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spot on.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the only people who want Romelos over Keating are the ones that have a man crush over him. Get your goggles off. Keating is far more creative than Romelo. Romelo gets an A+ for effort but thats bout it.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the only people who want Romelos over Keating are the ones that have a man crush over him. Get your goggles off. Keating is far more creative than Romelo. Romelo gets an A+ for effort but thats bout it.
Well said !!!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Romelo's big hits fire up our defence. We have no chance on defence without him.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
his defence is better and keating isn't a creative half either he's a support player with a kicking game he has no vision for a half at all.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Romelo's big hits fire up our defence. We have no chance on defence without him.
The fact that we have not had more than 2 tries scored against us in the last 20 minutes of ANY game this year is due to any alleged big hit Romelo has pulled off in the past fortnight? Before that we had no chance? Seriously? I was going to trim my nails tonight but now I'm worried that without them I'll die

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh :D I was way of the mark I thought Des had our boys playing as a team, not as a team of individuals but I guess I was wrong.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dogs are trying to re sign mitch brown for 2 more years

Status
Not open for further replies.