Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stagg out Teo in...Simple really. Stagg is past his best, not in the slightest a damaging or creative backrower..sign Teo now!!
But we do have finucine coming thru the ranks as lock and he is a rising star I'm telling u

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since we have winger issues, I'm surprised that we aren't going for Gerard Beale!

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Teo really?? This guy would be on the bench at best for our current team, How about we retain some talent rather then bring in mediocre players?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Since we have winger issues, I'm surprised that we aren't going for Gerard Beale!
I'm not, he is **** at wing, always has been he is a decent fullback thats it.

If we are to go for a winger now morris is gone i'd rather us look into fishishia and fia fia loa.

both were overlooked for the warriors and cowboys and are both good hands, great speed, strong runners and kids. alot better then beale.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Teo really?? This guy would be on the bench at best for our current team, How about we retain some talent rather then bring in mediocre players?

he would start ahead of stagg or halatau in my opinion.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fish and fia fia loa - both are locked up long term

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have stepped up their bid to lure Manly's grand final five-eighth Kieran Foran to Belmore next season as Des Hasler continues to unsettle his former club.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told Hasler has opened negotiations to try to convince Foran to exercise a get-out clause at Manly.

As the Sea Eagles begin their premiership defence in the grand final rematch against the Warriors in Auckland today, the Bulldogs may present an equally big threat.

They last week submitted a $2 million offer to extend Foran's contract until the end of 2015 and view the Kiwi Test halfback as a future captain.

Match report: Bulldogs win Panthers lose Gordon

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But while Manly chief operating officer David Perry has been in discussions with Foran for the past month, Canterbury have also been preparing to make a major sales pitch.

When contacted by The Sunday Telegraph, Bulldogs coach Hasler declined to comment on whether the club had approached Foran, while chief executive Todd Greenberg chose his words carefully.

"We never talk about the retention and recruitment of players publicly and don't intend to change that policy," Greenberg said.

When Hasler left Manly, it activated a get-out clause in Foran's contract and now the Bulldogs are expected to offer Foran, 21, a three-year contract until the end of 2015.

Manly's chief operating officer Perry maintains the premiers view Foran and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans as the future of the club.

"Kieran has given the club every indication that he's very content and satisfied with the environment that he's in and we're optimistic about securing his services until the end of 2015," Perry said.

Cranky Franky: Pritchard on report again

"We see him as a future leader in our club."

So is Hasler over-stepping the mark by trying to entice Foran to Belmore, as he did with former Sea Eagles recruitment guru Noel Cleal, sports psychologist John Novak, sports scientist Liz Marin and sprint coach Clayton Kearney?

Not according to ex-Manly captain Max Krilich, who was an outspoken critic of the way Hasler left the Sea Eagles with a playing roster heavy with back-ended contracts.

Krilich said it was now purely business if the Bulldogs were chasing Foran.

"I hope (Foran) stays at Manly because he's an outstanding player, but if Des is after him, I can understand that," Krilich said.

"It's a business and he's got to do the best he can for Canterbury. Des is very good at what he does. He'll probably win the Bulldogs a competition within the next three years."

The Bulldogs will be cashed-up with 11 players off-contract next season, including Kris Keating, David Stagg, Steve Turner, Bryson Goodwin, Dene Halatau, Johnathan Wright, Sam Kasiano, Joel Romelo, Martin Tapau, Luke MacDougall and Michael Lett.

The most significant of the Bulldogs off-contract list is five-eighth Keating, who was dropped to the bench for last night's clash with Penrith.

Hasler instead opted to go with Josh Reynolds in the No. 6 jumper, another indication that the two-time premiership-winning coach is preparing to go all-in for Foran's signature.

The ace up Hasler's sleeve is the close rapport he enjoys with the Kiwi Test halfback after he gave him his first taste of NRL at age 18.

Over the past three years, Hasler helped develop Foran into the best young half in the NRL and the respect they have for one another is mutual.

Manly are aware of their strong relationship and will be doing everything possible to convince Foran to stay.

The Sea Eagles have all but conceded they will lose rookie prop Darcy Lussick, with seven clubs chasing him.

The Roosters are favoured to win Lussick's signature, with Parramatta and the Bulldogs also in the hunt.

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2 mill till the end of 2015... i know Foran is a great player but i dont think he's worth all that money tbh

C

Ceagle

You guys should look more towards a better halfback

Reynolds looks like the better half at the Dogs, and I also don't think Foran is that massive of an upgrade over Reynolds.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Reynolds looks like the better half at the Dogs, and I also don't think Foran is that massive of an upgrade over Reynolds.
LOL well we might just take him anyway and also DCE whilst we are at it.
how is the land of butthurt going anyway

C

Ceagle

Here to have serious discussion mate, and In case you haven't noticed we looked great today without Hasler, no butthurt anywhere.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here to have serious discussion mate, and In case you haven't noticed we looked great today without Hasler, no butthurt anywhere.
yeah I did notice the high quality dry weather game Manly and the sheep shaggas played,

But to comment to your other post, Foran is one of the best 5/8th in the game, who wouldn't want him in their team, and if we have enough cash and want him we will get him, Just like Des

C

Ceagle

Just so you remember Foran + Hodko wasn't a great pairing for us. If the Dogs are looking a half and are willing to throw around $$$ they should go for Cronk. But I personally feel the Dogs should look more towards getting a quality second rower/lock and an outside back.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score

lolololololololol @ Ceagle

like convincing us is going to make a difference who the dogs go after

C

Ceagle

lolololololololol @ Ceagle

like convincing us is going to make a difference who the dogs go after
Did I say it was? Fark, great posters here, shoot of any opinion that you don't like

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
fish and fia fia loa - both are locked up long term

Fish was reportedly spoted at the roosters this week, with him not getting a go and loa overlooked for ash graham and winterstein being locked up doesn't mean they are now happy to miss first grade, they could be seaking a release.

Status
Not open for further replies.