Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We don't need any new players and we certainly don't need Dugan. The games at the end of the year under Dymock showed we could be competitive and everyone saw how much Barba improved. Our weakness was 5/8 and with the new coach I trust that Keating will come alive. As to wingers Goodwin needs to come back but we have others.

Our forwards are the envy of the competition and what really hurt us last year (apart from crap coaching) was Eastwood's failure to perform. If he does perform this year and with the addition of Graham we will beat any other pack.

We should consider other purchases if current players don't perform, not expecting them to fail.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
alataloa........let go (park footy player)
sione/john kite....let go (lazy.......enough said)
A bit unfair to write them off before the season has even started. Kite will have a point to prove, and Harlan has worked his arse off the last few seasons to crack first grade squad. He deserves his spot and will be one to watch (Harlan A). Total wrecking ball of a player, but then again if people watch few NSW Cup matches they might think he's a "park footballer".

turner.......this year should be his last, i complained to channel nine asking why they put it in slow motion everytime he gets the ball, they said it was real speed
LOL now I know you are taking the piss. Turner was one of our most consistent players last year. Put in 100% every game he played.

wright......wrong, see ya
Wright as a winger was always going to be a mistake. He's a centre. Im happy to give him a year under Hasler to see how he goes.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit unfair to write them off before the season has even started. Kite will have a point to prove, and Harlan has worked his arse off the last few seasons to crack first grade squad. He deserves his spot and will be one to watch (Harlan A). Total wrecking ball of a player, but then again if people watch few NSW Cup matches they might think he's a "park footballer".

LOL now I know you are taking the piss. Turner was one of our most consistent players last year. Put in 100% every game he played.

Wright as a winger was always going to be a mistake. He's a centre. Im happy to give him a year under Hasler to see how he goes.
x2

harlan reminds me of josh miller a bit runs like a man possessed plus hes still 24 not many forwards mature till they are about 25-28

wright is a very good player IMO

expect him to shine big time under hasler

P

Promiscuous

forwards off contract are

alataloa........let go (park footy player)
stagg...........let go (past his best)
halatau........keep if major injury free during 2012
finucane.......keep (thought he extended his contract?)
josh jackson.......keep (thought he extended his contract?)
sione/john kite....let go (lazy.......enough said)
kasiano.......keep

backs off contract are

keating.......sack, kill, dump, miss place i dont care
turner.......this year should be his last, i complained to channel nine asking why they put it in slow motion everytime he gets the ball, they said it was real speed
wright......wrong, see ya
romelo.....the plane, the plane....na good player keep
goodwin....let go, best thing he did last year was hurt his toe
macdougall...dunno, when i hear macdougall, i think drugs, one brother got busted the other climbed a 15ft fence and ran away from the drug testers
lett........pin his hears back and he'll gain 5 yards of pace, keep just for the speed, wouldn't everyone like a ferrari parked in the shed?
lotsa drugs

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think we might be approaching things differently now hasler and cleal are at the club. We probably will recruit a few new wingers etc but they'll probably be 17 or 18 and brought through.

I've been away for a few weeks and see Karl Filiga is on the list of acquired players. Is there a source for this? Everything I've read says he is still with wentworthville

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone knows the status of the following contracts, let me know:

Finucane, Foster, Jackson, Taupau.

I'm fairly sure their contracts end in 2012, but not positive.
OK regarding foster, hes signed for this year only and was talking to Penrith but dosnt look like a goer

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently in the sunday telegraph tomorrow, there will be a report, saying we have made contact with SBW

P

Paint.

Yay, we can start a new thread. Bloody admin closed the old one :p

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oooooh Karat with his finger on the pulse. Look forward to reading it :grinning:
Was pretty much same stuff rehashed re SBW.

Nick Politis - We haven't signed him yet.
Greenburg - We aren't interested in any innuendo or accusations in regards to SBW.
SBW - Im loving Rugby and not sure my next move blah blah.

Greenburgs comments are the most interesting. He's keeping his cards close to his chest in regards to SBW talk, which suggests we may well be interested.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was pretty much same stuff rehashed re SBW.

Nick Politis - We haven't signed him yet.
Greenburg - We aren't interested in any innuendo or accusations in regards to SBW.
SBW - Im loving Rugby and not sure my next move blah blah.

Greenburgs comments are the most interesting. He's keeping his cards close to his chest in regards to SBW talk, which suggests we may well be interested.
Yes you are spot on ,no denial from Greenberg ,he would normally totally quash a rumour like this ,also Arthur coorey is Apparantely involved ,I do remember when sonny bill left ,he seemed to be the middle man in talks between the board and sonny bill and Nasser ,I just hope we aren't being used to up his $$ for the roosters ,surely he realizes he owes this great club that made him a superstar.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumour on twitter is that we have increased our offer for Josh Dugan. Canberra will struggle to keep him. Do we really need him? Rather spend some money on a decent five eight and a decent winger. Anyone know if we are interested in B.Morris or Foran? Read in the paper the other week that Morris was close to re-signing with dragons?

Anyone else who we're after?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Rumour on twitter is that we have increased our offer for Josh Dugan. Canberra will struggle to keep him. Do we really need him? Rather spend some money on a decent five eight and a decent winger. Anyone know if we are interested in B.Morris or Foran? Read in the paper the other week that Morris was close to re-signing with dragons?

Anyone else who we're after?

I think it's garbage, i've heard we are keen on Morris and he is likely to join us so who know's i guess it just goes 2 show its all bull**** floating around.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading local paper and of course this could be his manager just talking up his price to the raiders. Hasler may move Barba to 5/8 and have Dugan at fullback

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson Barba Dugan is not bad, though i think Hodkinson Foran Barba is much better. I also think it's alot more likely.

I think this whole SBW, Dugan stuff is going to turn out to Dugan with Raiders and SBW with Roosters sadly.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there is no massive increase in the salary cap then i really doubt SBW will ever return to the NRL, just my opinion though.

I'm over rumors of who we'll sign for 2013 already. FFS the new season is about to kick off and we might see a couple of players take the positions we're worried about and turn them into their own. We might still need to sign a player or two for next season but i don't think we'll be chasing every off contract representative player that the media says we are. We signed a coach who can develop talent and i think that will be the goal for the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.