Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benn0s

Waterboy
Reaction score
LOL..... NFI

The only players you sign on 1 year deals are older players who are past their best but still have something to offer.

Good clubman that are on minimal wages & will do a job.

The same goes for young players that have shown enough talent without setting the world on fire also on minimal wages.

Players want security & clubs need a base of players to build a future around.
I agree with what your saying but how often do you see players playing average have an amazing season when their contract is up at the end! Seems to happen a lot.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
yes this is unreliable, disregard if you wish, but my cousin heard from his mate that Foz signed for 5 yrs with us (us being CBB). not a troll, and don't be your usual smartass selves. just passing on info.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yes this is unreliable, disregard if you wish, but my cousin heard from his mate that Foz signed for 5 yrs with us (us being CBB). not a troll, and don't be your usual smartass selves. just passing on info.

has his mate got any conection or just another gossip story?

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
everybody seems to hear stuff from the cousins mate and it always turns out to be bull**** mate you should know that

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
whos foz??

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's assume for a second Reynolds or Keating has a huge year and emerges as a fantastic 5/8th (I know right, Keating??? Good joke...) with a well rounded attacking game and just for arguments sake we win the premiership. But then it turns out that we had in fact signed Foran, what happens to that player?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we still improve

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we still improve
Obviously foran is a big step up, but is that player then destined to play NSW cup for the remainder of their career at the Bulldogs only coming into 1st grade to cover injuries?

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Obviously foran is a big step up, but is that player then destined to play NSW cup for the remainder of their career at the Bulldogs only coming into 1st grade to cover injuries?
Regardless of how well those two go, Foran is a class above and can only enhance the team. IMO Reynolds would find a regular spot on the bench and Keating can please himself. A spine of Ennis, Foran, Hodkinson and Barba (or maybe Dugan in 2013) would rival the great Melbourne and Newcastle spines.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In Today's Daily Telegraph (John Massoud 14.1.2012) the headline is "Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan from the Raiders". According to the DT the Bulldogs and others are wanting his signature for 2013. With the probability of Ben Barba being one of the Bulldogs best ever fullbacks and Josh Dugan a class act but injury prone , what are your thoughts on signing Dugan?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'd be a good acquisition for any club but i'd take the article no more seriously than i would any of the numerous posts about us signing Dugan in the rumors thread. The only quote they have in there is from someone at the raiders who says "they'll do everything possible to retain him". Good player when fit but i wouldn't say he's a priority for us. I'll be surprised if we sign him.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we need him tbh.Good talent though as we all know.The xtra $$$ can be used elsewhere.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can definitely spend the money more wisely then on a fullback when we do have barba. I was looking at some off contract players for next season. Not too sure how correct this list is but here are some on my wish list :p

These are not rumors they are just some potentially decent signings for us. Gerard Beale, Jordan Rankin, Aidan Sezer, Kieran Foran, Zeb Taia, Moses Pangai, Sandor Earl, Eddy Pettybourne, Mose Masoe, Nathan Massey. Apart from a couple of wingers and possibly a 5/8 I think we have enough cover for all other positions.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so

forwards off contract are

alataloa
stagg
halatau
finucane
josh jackson
sione/john kite
kasiano

backs off contract are

keating
turner
wright
romelo
goodwin
macdougall
lett

so essentianlly we will need 2 new wingers at least id say
and probably at least another 2 back rowers and probably 1 front rower

B morris?
M Gordon?
dean whare?
d williams?

or will we bring in Abousleiman?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
forwards off contract are

alataloa........let go (park footy player)
stagg...........let go (past his best)
halatau........keep if major injury free during 2012
finucane.......keep (thought he extended his contract?)
josh jackson.......keep (thought he extended his contract?)
sione/john kite....let go (lazy.......enough said)
kasiano.......keep

backs off contract are

keating.......sack, kill, dump, miss place i dont care
turner.......this year should be his last, i complained to channel nine asking why they put it in slow motion everytime he gets the ball, they said it was real speed
wright......wrong, see ya
romelo.....the plane, the plane....na good player keep
goodwin....let go, best thing he did last year was hurt his toe
macdougall...dunno, when i hear macdougall, i think drugs, one brother got busted the other climbed a 15ft fence and ran away from the drug testers
lett........pin his hears back and he'll gain 5 yards of pace, keep just for the speed, wouldn't everyone like a ferrari parked in the shed?

P

Paint.

We can definitely spend the money more wisely then on a fullback when we do have barba. I was looking at some off contract players for next season. Not too sure how correct this list is but here are some on my wish list :pThese are not rumors they are just some potentially decent signings for us. Gerard Beale, Jordan Rankin, Aidan Sezer, Kieran Foran, Zeb Taia, Moses Pangai, Sandor Earl, Eddy Pettybourne, Mose Masoe, Nathan Massey. Apart from a couple of wingers and possibly a 5/8 I think we have enough cover for all other positions.
tbh i would jizz if moses pangai came to the dogs.

bulldogluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I must say we need some wingers whether we resign Turner (I don't mind him) and we don't have any quality wingers that could vamp up the first grade squad we should sign Brett Morris or a player like Michael Oldfield from Manly only young and really talented player. The only other position i think we need to fill is five-eight and Kieron Foran could fill that easy.

1. Barba
2. Morris
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Oldfield
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Eastwood
12. Pritchard