Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree 100%

Who made RFM Club Captain?
Who extended RFM for 3 years?

The job of Club Captain is to air concerns to the Coach & Management of other players whether you agree with team-mates or don't agree. The Club Captain is the link between the Players and the Club Decision Makers.
I think it's obvious RFM shared the same belief of his teammates and is hiding behind them. The club captain needs to have the same vision as the coach otherwise how are you going to drive standards. There's no coming back for RFM because of this and tbh the biggest issue is his on field performances, poor. Extending RFM for 3 years and making him club captain were both massive mistakes which as a club we love to continuously make.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real issue here is was Jackson pushed it did he retire willingly. This training fiasco involving RFM doesn't see the light of day if Jacko was still the C
Well Jacko is renowned as a hard as nails trainer, so no it wouldn’t have happened because he wouldn’t have whinged,

You can speculate all you want on whether or not he was pushed to retire, but the fact is he’s still at the club and now coach of the Flegg? Team. Do you really think he’d be doing that if he was treated poorly.

That’s why this whole RFM business confuses me. It’s as if after all these years he was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Obviously something happened that really upset him, because he raved about the club and they looked after him when he was out for ages. So he must have been on board until whatever pissed him off happened.

You just have to look at all the legends that have come back and been involved to show that the vast majority are on board with the direction of the club. Even guys like Mase who was a villain for a period, has been welcomed back and talks as if he was only ever a Bulldog.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's obvious RFM shared the same belief of his teammates and is hiding behind them. The club captain needs to have the same vision as the coach otherwise how are you going to drive standards. There's no coming back for RFM because of this and tbh the biggest issue is his on field performances, poor. Extending RFM or 3 years and making him club captain were both massive mistakes which as a club we love to continuously make.
Like him or not, he has painted himself into a corner, and put himself in an untenable position

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just lol if you think Gus doesn't have his fingerprints all over this behind the scenes. He has done this time and time against over the years.
Be that as it may. Do you think it's ever acceptable for a starting prop to play an entire half without a hitup? Haha. The bloke has to have some fucking pride in his damn career and profession. That's pure sulking and letting your mate down. Sure the dogs made a blue signing him on a 3 year deal. But performances like that are undefendable.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Training hasn’t even officially started and drama already nice. I think it’s best if rfm just walks out on the contract or just retire

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the reports are correct and he’s on approx $400k a season… really, that’s $200k on the cap the other $200k is for long service, it ain’t a big deal to wear it even if we ship him off to another club and we cover his entire salary

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Training hasn’t even officially started and drama already nice. I think it’s best if rfm just walks out on the contract or just retire
If we sack him, it's the best for all concerned, he still gets paid and we are rid of him. We will paid irrespective

Last edited:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be that as it may. Do you think it's ever acceptable for a starting prop to play an entire half without a hitup? Haha. The bloke has to have some fucking pride in his damn career and profession. That's pure sulking and letting your mate down. Sure the dogs made a blue signing him on a 3 year deal. But performances like that are undefendable.
the hit up thing has been proven to be hot garbage time and time again, if on field performance was the barometer every single player that played this year should be shipped off

It’s also one thing to not see eye to eye with the coach/Gus but have you EVER seen a coach tell a captain that HE appointed at the start of the season to not dare come to training again 9 months later? Oh it was just a little “blue” that we re-signed him hehehe a little 500k just sitting away rotting in our cap for 3 years oh well boys will be boys

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
RFM has had some huge injury setbacks, but the majority of the kennel choses to side with two blow ins who have been at the club for five minutes. All RFM did was try to do what any good club captain should do and rep his boys.

A tyrant who can't deliver results is the very worst kind.

Sad to see so many people attacking Ray's character. I see you for the man you are, RFM. Good luck and thanks for what you tried to do here.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to consider a few scenarios here.

1. This has gone public to push RFM to severe his contract with us. It’s definitely a ploy I have seen in the EPL (Sancho at Man United). We are trying to push the narrative that we are cut throat club. RFM is made the scrapegoat for the training fiasco.

2. Or the fact he was told to stay away from training means the relationship is beyond repairable. The club and the players may not trust him after leaking information to the media which has destabilised the team.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the hit up thing has been proven to be hot garbage time and time again, if on field performance was the barometer every single player that played this year should be shipped off

It’s also one thing to not see eye to eye with the coach/Gus but have you EVER seen a coach tell a captain that HE appointed at the start of the season to not dare come to training again 9 months later? Oh it was just a little “blue” that we re-signed him hehehe a little 500k just sitting away rotting in our cap for 3 years oh well boys will be boys
Haha you are a fruitcake mate. I watched the game. Eyes don't lie.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's called passive resistance. A tactic some of the greatest civil rights leaders in history have employed to get better results for their people.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

How is it hot garbage?
He literally had 0 runs for 0 metres.
Truth is not one person here knows what exactly went on but it must be bad if you won’t welcomed back at training

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He wants his 400k a year, but no one wants him (even with us chipping in) so we're stuck with him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Persisting with a bad decision is hardly in the clubs best interests.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's called passive resistance. A tactic some of the greatest civil rights leaders in history have employed to get better results for their people.
Haha you're always a laugh my dear man. I sometimes do that with the Mrs if she's pissed me off, just lay like a starfish and let her do the work. But this sort of nonsense is not acceptable on a footy field!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM has had some huge injury setbacks, but the majority of the kennel choses to side with two blow ins who have been at the club for five minutes. All RFM did was try to do what any good club captain should do and rep his boys.

Sad to see so many people attacking Ray's character. I see you for the man you are, RFM. Good luck and thanks for what you tried to do here.
Rep his boys? What boys it was not even a handful of players.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to consider a few scenarios here.

1. This has gone public to push RFM to severe his contract with us. It’s definitely a ploy I have seen in the EPL (Sancho at Man United). We are trying to push the narrative that we are cut throat club. RFM is made the scrapegoat for the training fiasco.

2. Or the fact he was told to stay away from training means the relationship is beyond repairable. The club and the players may not trust him after leaking information to the media which has destabilised the team.
Leaks to the media been at the club before and after RFM.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree 100%. You're realistic in this.