Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again people will completely miss the point though, instead of asking whether getting rid of RFM is a net benefit to the team (yes it probably), the right question is how did he end up as captain? How did it become so toxic that the fucking captain has been barred from training

It’s the same logic when people say it’s a good thing players like elliot Okunbor are leaving “we are clearing the deadwood” but why do we constantly end up in these situations, what are the root causes?
Agree 100%

Who made RFM Club Captain?
Who extended RFM for 3 years?

The job of Club Captain is to air concerns to the Coach & Management of other players whether you agree with team-mates or don't agree. The Club Captain is the link between the Players and the Club Decision Makers.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%

The job of Club Captain is to air concerns to the Coach & Management of other players whether you agree with team-mates or don't agree. The Club Captain is the link between the Players and the Club Decision Makers.
Who is better at doing this job than Gus? been asking you and your twin 04 dribbler to answer.
It so easy to criticise but no solution.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree 100%

The real issue here is was Jackson pushed it did he retire willingly. This training fiasco involving RFM doesn't see the light of day if Jacko was still the C

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It says that they put faith in a player who has been here since 2016 and they made him captain after coming back from a serious injury but it backfired.
I hope you know not everyone is perfect, and if the club thought at the time to help him out and give him confidence as a leader but he abused it , what do you think the club should do?
Spot on. And sometimes people like RFM are able to blend in well and then make people believe they are someone they are not. Once he was given the captaincy it didn't take long for them to find out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What does it say about the judgement of the coaches and management that they gave him an extension AND made him captain

How do you trust these same people to turn us around?
Bro, don't even bother. You're just going to be hit with a million excuses in an attempt to absolve the club of any responsibility in this matter.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the narrative is BS and has been completely twisted.
It only gets twisted when people drive their agenda via the media. Club has not said anything about it however the player and his manager are hard at it.

Read and Carayannis have as much credibility as the steak and chips you need to buy them to get the story

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes, I know he is still at the club. But I am saying that he if was captain, he would have just told the team to keep going rather than whine like RFM.
Lmao

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says that they put faith in a player who has been here since 2016 and they made him captain after coming back from a serious injury but it backfired.
I hope you know not everyone is perfect, and if the club thought at the time to help him out and give him confidence as a leader but he abused it , what do you think the club should do?
100%

At the time he was clearly doing and saying all the right things to be named as the club captain, but at some point something has shifted Ray’s mindset and he’s become an enemy. It’s sad really.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It only gets twisted when people drive their agenda via the media. Club has not said anything about it however the player and his manager are hard at it.

Read and Carayannis have as much credibility as the steak and chips you need to buy them to get the story
Just lol if you think Gus doesn't have his fingerprints all over this behind the scenes. He has done this time and time against over the years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Once again people will completely miss the point though, instead of asking whether getting rid of RFM is a net benefit to the team (yes it probably), the right question is how did he end up as captain? How did it become so toxic that the fucking captain has been barred from training

It’s the same logic when people say it’s a good thing players like elliot Okunbor are leaving “we are clearing the deadwood” but why do we constantly end up in these situations, what are the root causes?
Questions few on here are smart enough to ask.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s a shit look for the club and I really hope there is no dodgy shit being done that will affect RFM personally. I really hope he’s getting the treatment in all of this for what is deserved and its not some bullying thing. Yet again I really don’t rate RFM and I would definitely be shipping him. There’s more negatives than positives in this tho I can’t see how this can be positively spun in any way like it’s being