Bulldogs need to follow Broncos example: Civoniceva

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Leave dymock out of this!!!!!!
Seriously i am just trying to be realistic about the whole situation we are in right now and look at other clubs that have been through a similar situation. How many years has it taken manly to rebuild after des left? How many years has it taken the dragons to rebuild after bennett left? How many years has it taken newcastle to rebuild after bennett left? I don't know about pay as a coach yet, there just simply isn't enough data available to make an assessment. I'm happy to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now and give him some time before i go pulling out the knives and go after him.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously i am just trying to be realistic about the whole situation we are in right now and look at other clubs that have been through a similar situation. How many years has it taken manly to rebuild after des left? How many years has it taken the dragons to rebuild after bennett left? How many years has it taken newcastle to rebuild after bennett left? I don't know about pay as a coach yet, there just simply isn't enough data available to make an assessment. I'm happy to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now and give him some time before i go pulling out the knives and go after him.
but i want a premiership now!!!!!!!!!!! (rd 3) lolllllllll
na i get what you mean man, thing is with newcastle even under bennett they were shit, but under hasler we became stale zombies not exactly shit nor wooden spoon contenders. so my whole thing is the dogs of war speeches off season, if we lost these 2 first games dos of war style i wouldnt complain but theres nosigns of it, but im willing to allow to r10 for pay lol. (dont you love how i say ill allow as if i matter or havee authority lmao)

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Riveting article, really fascinating insight

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hope the dogs of war bulldog DNA starts showing lol. Beginning to think pay doesn’t even know what the fuck it is. But I’ll wait till round 10 for a 100% opinion.
Maybe Pay is waiting for the DNA results to come back. :grinning:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fuck, I haven't seen or heard from petrol seventycentsalitre in a while
His kids were going to the same school as mine last year and he is looking fit and like granite still lol
Always makes me laugh the "seventycentsalitre"

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its still only march.. hopefully we will see that DNA showing but from what the first 2 rounds has shown and mainly last weeks game vs the roosters.. lol
This BS about Bulldogs DNA only exists in our past players and true supporters ATM. Bulldogs DNA means something,not some jazzy catch phrase.It identified that our 1st grade was stacked with local juniors.It symbolized how we turned young unknowns into warriors.It represented players that stayed at our club for years through thick and thin. So all of a sudden we acquire a player that has played for numerous clubs and he's got Bulldogs DNA? No fucking way they got to earn it 1st and it ain't cheap.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just feel like pay literally worked in the board room and moved his hands and said ‘dogs of war’ and they gave him the job lol.
I think tou should try and show a bit of respect for the upheaval our team has been through and while your at it a bit of patience. No team has had anywhere near the amount of change ours has had over the offseason.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This BS about Bulldogs DNA only exists in our past players and true supporters ATM. Bulldogs DNA means something,not some jazzy catch phrase.It identified that our 1st grade was stacked with local juniors.It symbolized how we turned young unknowns into warriors.It represented players that stayed at our club for years through thick and thin. So all of a sudden we acquire a player that has played for numerous clubs and he's got Bulldogs DNA? No fucking way they got to earn it 1st and it ain't cheap.
can’t argue with that but never hurts to teach the current team what it was like and drill it into their thick skulls. our coach was apart of that team and he understands what it’s like to play with the DNA.. he should make them learn the feeling. i agree where you are coming from but players like foran who has done their job during off season training more consistent and longer periods of time than the others and concentrating on getting to full health and not playing world cup to help us this season and him doing his job the past 2 games being our best player on the field, does he still have to earn it somehow?

earning it is one thing but understanding it is another and my humble opinion is if you understand what the DNA means and what it means to bleed blue and white.. you’ve adapted the culture. problem is no one understands that except for 1 player and that’s the player who is doing his best to keep us alive at this point.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
can’t argue with that but never hurts to teach the current team what it was like and drill it into their thick skulls. our coach was apart of that team and he understands what it’s like to play with the DNA.. he should make them learn the feeling. i agree where you are coming from but players like foran who has done their job during off season training more consistent and longer periods of time than the others and concentrating on getting to full health and not playing world cup to help us this season and him doing his job the past 2 games being our best player on the field, does he still have to earn it somehow?

earning it is one thing but understanding it is another and my humble opinion is if you understand what the DNA means and what it means to bleed blue and white.. you’ve adapted the culture. problem is no one understands that except for 1 player and that’s the player who is doing his best to keep us alive at this point.
I hear you and in part agree, but there's an old saying 'one swallow does not make a spring'.I might be a dinosaur fan but to me Bulldogs DNA has to be in your blood.Understanding is a start,chapter one, but to say you got Bulldogs DNA you must read the entire book.

Last edited:

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hear you and in part agree, but there's an old saying "one swallow does not make a spring.I might be a dinosaur fan but to me Bulldogs DNA has to be in your blood.Understanding is a start,chapter one, but to say you got Bulldogs DNA you must read the entire book.
never heard of that saying but it’s a great saying, i like it!
hopefully the boys somewhat switch on tonight and just put in a performance that doesn’t concede 30 points in defence and results in a W

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"The Broncos showed us how to bounce back after a disappointing start. They were disappointing in the season opener against St George Illawarra but were great last weekend against the Cowboys.
Oh so he means play better? I though he meant kick everyone within 100km out of the comp and get some wealthy businessmen to top up your players salaries so you can assemble a team that could make a sombrero split at the seams.

Fair enough, I can't argue with that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Petero is sitting back at home sipping on kava and watching this game...

I hope Dogs don't follow this Broncos example... complete snoozefest. Both sides terrible.

2 all .... am I watching soccer?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So whats the example?
We don't have Wayne Bennett we have a Premiership winning rookie who looks tired already, so maybe he needs to stop hard on himself and just do what he can, build character in the players, not use the big stick unless its obvious laziness and make footy fun for the team, be positive.
The example is: heaps of third party payments, having half the Australian team in your side, and enjoying every home game at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.