Bulldogs nearly traded Brett Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett morriss' below average game are still better than hoppa and Montoyas good games
That highlights the problem with the club.

Being better than NSW cup standard players is somehow good enough for us.

We don't aim for the best anymore, average will do.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brett morris time at canterbury can be looked at as a fail but I don't blame him at all
He came to canterbury pretty much at the start of our downfall with des where we just got worse and more boring every season

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re dreaming if you think we a) have the funds to sign Cotric or Isaako let alone both and b) they’d even want to play for the new cellar dwellers.

Isaako and Cotric will be the faces of Brisbane and Canberra.
Cotric we have cooled down on him only because of his price increase to $650k.
Isaako we are still in the hunt for him.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thats twice now his move to Dragons has been scrapped last minute. He was close to signing for the Dragons in the off season for this year and that got torpedoed last minute.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett morris time at canterbury can be looked at as a fail but I don't blame him at all
He came to canterbury pretty much at the start of our downfall with des where we just got worse and more boring every season
Destroyer's fault...we can go on and on, it will get us nowhere !

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric we have cooled down on him only because of his price increase to $650k.
Isaako we are still in the hunt for him.

If we realistically have a chance at Isaako then giddy up. Can use him as a centre or winger if need be and if by chance we can't retain Martin (fingers crossed we do) and Holland doesn't get a crack next year, there's our new goal kicker

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to rebuild and if we have to let these guys go to resign the likes of Lewis/Martin well its a no brainer.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we have enough money to sign Cotric, issako and a star half that makes no cence!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we have enough money to sign Cotric, issako and a star half that makes no cence!
It doesn’t make any sense because we can’t do that. People just aren’t understanding the situation money wise.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we realistically have a chance at Isaako then giddy up. Can use him as a centre or winger if need be and if by chance we can't retain Martin (fingers crossed we do) and Holland doesn't get a crack next year, there's our new goal kicker
Possibly the rock star fullback

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Isaako even considered the Dogs as an option after he came out and said he wanted to be a Bronco for life. I hope we have similar level TPA’s that Roosters do so we can compete for players like him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Isaako even considered the Dogs as an option after he came out and said he wanted to be a Bronco for life. I hope we have similar level TPA’s that Roosters do so we can compete for players like him
None the less we are after him...

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this one. If Brett was offered a 2 or 3 years deal to go back to the Dragons, but they wanted him to come this year before June 30, then why would we deny him that? If the Dragons just wanted to have him for the remainder of this year and wanted us to contribute towards it, then why would we let him go, and why would he want to go with no guarantee past this season?

I think the Dragons must have offered him at least 2 or 3 years and for us to not release him, even if we had to pay some freight this year makes no sense unless we are planning to offer him a contract to stay next year. Based on this I believe the twins will be resigned. And if so that's great news for us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They didn’t release him because they were scared of fan backlash

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They didn’t release him because they were scared of fan backlash
That's bullshit. What fan backlash? For a player who is off contract at the end of the year in a season where we are not relevant. I highly doubt that. The board don't make decisions to be popular, they make it to better the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Cotric recently sign an extension with Raiders?...the kid is 20 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.