Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
REPORTS: Bulldogs nearly traded Brett Morris
Ben Cotton
-
July 8, 2018 - 4:47 pm

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MAY 11: Brett Morris of the Bulldogs looks on during the round 10 NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Parramatta Eels at ANZ Stadium on May 11, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Canterbury Bulldogs winger Brett Morris was nearly transferred to his former club, the Dragons, prior to the June 30 deadline, according to a report by The Daily Telegraph.

The deal was done and waiting to be finalised which would have seen Morris return to St George Illawarra for the rest of this season and next, before the Bulldogs changed their mind at the last minute.

After losing Aaron Woods to Cronulla and Moses Mbye to Wests Tigers, Canterbury had a change of heart and decided to retain their veteran winger.

Morris arrived at Belmore in 2015 and has played a total of 229 NRL games. He is reportedly seeking a new club for next season.

https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-bulldogs-nearly-traded-brett-morris-34546/

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lucky for us I think the change of heart came on the back of Josh being out injured at the time. It's going to be hard letting go of the twins.

gildaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need them now more then ever, give them a 1 year deal with a another year option

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett morriss' below average game are still better than hoppa and Montoyas good games
Well tbh his last couple have been below average and his season just on average.

This buy turned out to be a massive FAIL.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well tbh his last couple have been below average and his season just on average.

This buy turned out to be a massive FAIL.
Qualify that with "for the money he is on".

Rock star FB money ...yes he was worth that but injuries cruelled that and he was wasted on the wing with our gameplan and our lack of dummy half creativity to be fair.

He has done everything asked of him in our structures.

He probably wished he'd never left Dragons where he was given heaps more backline scoring opportinities. Be fair :grinning:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Rock star FB money ...yes he was worth that but injuries cruelled that and he was wasted on the wing with our gameplan and our lack of dummy half creativity to be fair.

He probably wished he'd never left Dragons where he was given heaps more backline scoring opportinities. Be fair :grinning:
You are right the big fail part was the money he was signed on.

Having said that, take all money out of it and his performances are still average. He has a good game here and there but on the most part very underwhelming.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Important qualification.

He was given overs to come to the dogs.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard this too.
I also heard that bmoz wasnt happy that we reneged.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So it seems Brett will head back to St George and Josh to Cronulla.
And some how we have no money under the salary cap with virtually no big name players in our squad for next season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So it seems Brett will head back to St George and Josh to Cronulla.
And some how we have no money under the salary cap with virtually no big name players in our squad for next season.
Pity we need them both till we build a new team. They can be instrumental in just experience alone. Its important we hang on to them.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trade implies we were getting something in return...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should have just let him gonsonhe could get another year in the nrl at a different club....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should have just let him gonsonhe could get another year in the nrl at a different club....
Club knocked it on the head because they didn’t want more backlash from the fans after having to make Mbye and Woods walk.

Season is a write off, should have let him go. Had his moments but ultimately was a massive fucking lemon for us for that money.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was never a Bulldog to me. He's been professional and you can't knock him for that, but there's been no passion from his end at all. He'd have gone to any club JMoz was at in the end. He was just lucky enough for us to be done enough to pay him top dollar.

I wish he'd just left now.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much a I like B.Moz, at the time we overpaid for him as a winger, Hasler wanted to turn him into a rock-star fullback a position that always was the cause of his injuries ( the high work rate ).
My predictions are if we don't sign Isaako and or Cotric we will keep the Morris brothers and hopefully for no more than a year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As much a I like B.Moz, at the time we overpaid for him as a winger, Hasler wanted to turn him into a rock-star fullback a position that always was the cause of his injuries ( the high work rate ).
My predictions are if we don't sign Isaako and or Cotric we will keep the Morris brothers and hopefully for no more than a year.
You’re dreaming if you think we a) have the funds to sign Cotric or Isaako let alone both and b) they’d even want to play for the new cellar dwellers.

Isaako and Cotric will be the faces of Brisbane and Canberra.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Bmoz ,but I’m not worried if he moves on at all. And if we can get Issako from that lol.. Then I’m all for it !!

Dreams are free, players ain’t haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.