Bulldogs Name Pre-Season Charity Cup Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wtf, no ohanlon and burr... Are u kidding me, im about to have a heart attack seriously. Lol just fcukn lol at brown, thompson and murphy. Im honestly not saying i know any better than des but his team selections have sucked for the last 12 months big tym.
all part of the big plan! have you heard of the of the Canterbury-Bankstown City shuffle - Everyone looks right and you go left.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massive arms on Lafai. Must be looking to move into the forwards.

It makes me wonder if the guys do extra work or perhaps it's just different genes that makes some footy players like like Adonis, while others like like Joe blow.. I'd imagine the trainers give them certain routines and then they can do whatever they want?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wtf, no ohanlon and burr... Are u kidding me, im about to have a heart attack seriously. Lol just fcukn lol at brown, thompson and murphy. Im honestly not saying i know any better than des but his team selections have sucked for the last 12 months big tym.
Its a joke this is what ive been saying dessies selections last 12 mths have been odd and my concern is well lose future guns like burr like we did with carter etc

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a joke this is what ive been saying dessies selections last 12 mths have been odd and my concern is well lose future guns like burr like we did with carter etc
Don't worry fellas DES still not showing his round 1 team. It will be a mix of trial 1 and 2 so tempo is still in with a chance.

I like Inu at FB. He's an aggressive player won't be swamped as easily as others.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry fellas DES still not showing his round 1 team. It will be a mix of trial 1 and 2 so tempo is still in with a chance.

I like Inu at FB. He's an aggressive player won't be swamped as easily as others.
I agree with inu at fb is our best option and i think tempo is being groomed for halves and and th will have to perform or tempo will be there

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Or Phillips. It's not looking good for fullback
It looked like Phillips got injured in the game against the Eels in the 9's to me.

Not sure if anyone can confirm this?

I also don't know why everyone is jumping up and down about this squad, there could be injuries that we don't know about to Burr/O'Hanlon etc.

No big deal for mine, what will become a big deal if it hasn't been corrected in the off season is our inability to score points with the ball in the opposition 10/20.

If we do not have a plan here and are relying on scoring points from long-range, it will be more of the same. Repeat sets and pressure are what we didn't have last year and the other teams - particularly Melbourne - are renowned for that and it's what leads to points. I do not want to see that overly used and rehearsed cross-field kick from Reynolds that we score a try from 1 in 20 plays. Reynolds and Hodkinson need to be bringing a deft kicking game ala Adam Reynolds in 2014. If this is perfected, we will score points based purely on fatigue from the opposition.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
why do we persist with mitch brown,he is a back up first grader and would be hard pressed making any other team.As with templeman,the trials would be ideal place to start and gain experiance,especialy against any storm team that runs on.Anthony milford is no bigger than tempo and he blitzed em last year.Des is so frustrating with selections.
Brown, Perrett, and Inu in the same backline do not strike fear into the opp or fill me with any sort of confidence. Des must accept some responsibility for this. The moneyball method might make us competitive but will never deliver a comp win in the NRL. Bellamy adopts a hybrid moneyball squad and he is successful. There are far too many variables to account for other than stats.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Still reckon we are resting some guys for Rd1 ... why risk injury to them in a trial?

Laf must have broken his left hand.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why doesnt the Bulldogs release more information to the fans. It seems like everything is cloaked in secrecy. Its just not good enough. Im talking about selections and team matters, not recruitment.

N

Natboy

He is very coy and we are always the last or second last club to announce our team Tuesday arvo
Has the squad named on Tuesday ever been exactly the same as what we run out with? Most clubs do shuffles but Des takes it to a new level

ARTFUL DODGER

New Pup
Reaction score
I think the main issue is the NSW Cup team reports needs to be improved.
This article on NSWRL gives a slight indication of the players Barry Ward is looking at to start in NSW CUP Which means that most likely unless injury or warranted selection and form, Lachlan Burr, Corey Thompson, Chase Stanley, Tyrone Phillips will be called upon only during the season to FG and not at the start. Positive is Templeman isnt mentioned so he may be a smokey for a bench spot given injuries as well so far.
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=90377

That means the FG players to start will be from the Charity Cup team with some more to be dropped. Nothing we dont know already but.

N

Natboy

I think some of us including myself have been a bit optimistic that someone as stubborn as Des will dump regular first graders like Hodkinson & brown as bad as some of us see them.
They would be axed by now at other clubs with the young guys blooded and turning into stars
With Des our young guys will have to wait for injuries or suspensions to be given their time to shine and let's just hope they don't get snapped up by other clubs willing to play them in the meantime

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bad News: I can't make it to the game Sunday.

Good news: Because my girlfriend has shouted me a trip to Thailand.

Bad news: it's for the purpose of meeting her parents.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
Are you going to............Bangkok?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you going to............Bangkok?
Yes, hopefully (as I've got 5 weeks of frustration to bang out)... Oh you mean the city? Yes, I am.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

N

Natboy

Good luck mate. I love the place & hopefully they are good cooks and you will get traditional stuff and not the farang food we are given lol

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the main issue is the NSW Cup team reports needs to be improved.
This article on NSWRL gives a slight indication of the players Barry Ward is looking at to start in NSW CUP Which means that most likely unless injury or warranted selection and form, Lachlan Burr, Corey Thompson, Chase Stanley, Tyrone Phillips will be called upon only during the season to FG and not at the start. Positive is Templeman isnt mentioned so he may be a smokey for a bench spot given injuries as well so far.
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=90377

That means the FG players to start will be from the Charity Cup team with some more to be dropped. Nothing we dont know already but.
I can't believe that Barry Ward is still coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.