News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From memory I am sure you were one of the many people who wanted Des gone mate.
Yes i was because like I said he gambled and only dug the hole deeper and had to go. I'm just saying he done a good job early with us and is infact one of the top coaches on the game.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yes i was because like I said he gambled and only dug the hole deeper and had to go. I'm just saying he done a good job early with is and us infact one of the top coaches on the game.
Poor baby wanted des gone cause he was the best coach

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No-one argues we made 2 GF’s and that’s a great achievement, even though we were thoroughly outplayed in both, more so 2014. Soufs were red-hot but we were never in the hunt unlike 2012. For me, Des really lost it from 2015 and it got worse and worse. Ray’s original decision to re-sign him was a head scratcher for me, not even going into what happened after that.
Agree man. I remember nearly being close to tears after those defeats. What makes it worse is the fact that Des never changed his gameplan and tactics and he just continued to destroy the team and Dib and Castle just watched and did nothing. I'm glad they are both gone.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Agree man. I remember nearly being close to tears after those defeats. What makes it worse Des never changed his gameplan and tactics and he just continued to destroy the team and Dib and Castle just watched and did nothing. I'm glad they are both gone.
That exactly what I was saying des only had a plan A and that’s it .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree man. I remember nearly being close to tears after those defeats. What makes it worse Des never changed his gameplan and tactics and he just continued to destroy the team and Dib and Castle just watched and did nothing. I'm glad they are both gone.
I consider myself a good sport and have always watched the end of the game and even the other team lift the trophy for every GF we’ve lost. 2014 was the only time I couldn’t stay. I was so gutted I walked out of the stadium with 5min to go. Such a low point, really hurt.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I consider myself a good sport and have always watched the end of the game and even the other team lift the trophy for every GF we’ve lost. 2014 was the only time I couldn’t stay. I was so gutted I walked out of the stadium with 5min to go. Such a low point, really hurt.
2014 was all about Souths, plus we had Reynolds’s playing with a busted shoulder, Ennis out injured Mbye rookie hooker and Sam Burgess wasn’t out for HIA

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2014 was all about Souths, plus we had Reynolds’s playing with a busted shoulder, Ennis out injured Moyes rookie hooker and Sam Burgess wasn’t out for HIA
That wankfest was so unbearable. We were made out to be the enemy.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
That wankfest was so unbearable. We were made out to be the enemy.
I still remember NRL giving us a fine for not coming out while they were playing glory glory to South Sydney.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
2014 was all about Souths, plus we had Reynolds’s playing with a busted shoulder, Ennis out injured Moyes rookie hooker and Sam Burgess wasn’t out for HIA
Yeah I know mate, a lot went against us. Soufs were a good team, can’t deny that and everyone was behind them with the whole ‘haven’t won for 40 years blah blah blah’ - I’m a Bulldog and didn’t care. Maybe it was losing 2 GF’s in 3 years or maybe it was when the floodgates opened in the second half. Bottom line it sucked. We will rise again.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah I know mate, a lot went against us. Soufs were a good team, can’t deny that and everyone was behind them with the whole ‘haven’t won for 40 years blah blah blah’ - I’m a Bulldog and didn’t care. Maybe it was losing 2 GF’s in 3 years or maybe it was when the floodgates opened in the second half. Bottom line it sucked. We will rise again.
100% we will rise again.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I still remember NRL giving us a fine for not coming out while they were playing glory glory to South Sydney.
Really?? Never heard that before.
I support boycotting that :-)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Really?? Never heard that before.
I support boycotting that :-)
We came out late for the kickoff because the rabbits where ringing the bell and playing glory bullshit and NRL said we copping a fine for delaying the game.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We came out late for the kickoff because the rabbits where ringing the bell and playing glory bullshit and NRL said we copping a fine for delaying the game.
We should’ve passed around the hat...
That’s a fine worth paying :-)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash enough to win a GF though... Campbell (13 tries) and Wesser (25 tries to top the list that season) were fire
They were ok players but my point was it wasn’t the most amazing spine but a good team,i used to get on the piss with gower back then he loved his midori illusions lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were ok players but my point was it wasn’t the most amazing spine but a good team,i used to get on the piss with gower back then he loved his midori illusions lol
One of my mates had an issue with Gower in one of his drunken nights around penrith... so my mate jumped on the hood and roof of gowers car and P!ssed all over it..
My mate is a very intimidating bloke and at the time was a member of a "club" so gower shat himself and took off..