News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call that success des ball had no plan B for 2012 grand final storm shutdown our play and we kept doing the same thing.
I’d call making two grand finals relatively successful.
I just noticed your avatar too

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Under Des we made 2 Grandfinals, produced a dally m player of the year and had one of the most exciting seasons in years. People need to stop acting like the entire Des era was all bad.
No-one argues we made 2 GF’s and that’s a great achievement, even though we were thoroughly outplayed in both, more so 2014. Soufs were red-hot but we were never in the hunt unlike 2012. For me, Des really lost it from 2015 and it got worse and worse. Ray’s original decision to re-sign him was a head scratcher for me, not even going into what happened after that.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I’d call making two grand finals relatively successful.
I just noticed your avatar too
Making the grandfinal means nothing if you don’t win .
All it means is We came second if that’s what you like then that’s success , me on the other hand wants to win a comp.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The issue was that Des took a gamble and refused to admit that he was wrong and only dug us deeper into a hole, we were left with no option but to cut him loose. He is still by far and away one of the top coaches in the game.
Top coach Bahahahahahahah
He inherited a manly super team won grandfinals then fucked them ,
Came to the dogs with a good team and fucked it.
Now back at manly with a couple of stars in the team watch how good he goes before he fucks them again.
BTW DES SAID TOLMAN IS THE BEST FORWARD IN THE GAME.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No-one argues we made 2 GF’s and that’s a great achievement, even though we were thoroughly outplayed in both, more so 2014. Soufs were red-hot but we were never in the hunt unlike 2012. For me, Des really lost it from 2015 and it got worse and worse. Ray’s original decision to re-sign him was a head scratcher for me, not even going into what happened after that.
No, they do. Some defenitely argue against Des doing a single good thing and can't even credit him for that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Top coach Bahahahahahahah
He inherited a manly super team won grandfinals then fucked them ,
Came to the dogs with a good team and fucked it.
Now back at manly with a couple of stars in the team watch how good he goes before he fucks them again.
BTW DES SAID TOLMAN IS THE BEST FORWARD IN THE GAME.
I never understood how the Beagles saw the Despot as the prodigal son and welcomed him back. Yeah yeah forgive and forget and all that but no other options? I guess he got them into the 8 last year, but to me the bubble has to burst - he’s got too much form...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Authorbulldogs.com.au TimestampWed 22 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will enter the 2020 season, after claiming seven victories from their final 10 matches in 2019, with a squad itching to get on the field for round one.

The average age of the Bulldogs squad going into the new season will be 24.2 years with eight players falling between the ages of 18 and 22.

There will be 14 players in the 23 to 26-year-old bracket and six players in the 27 to 30-year old age group.

Aiden Tolman is the only player on the club’s roster over 30 years of age.

The St George Illawarra Dragons and the Wests Tigers both have the oldest squads in the competition with an average of 25.3 years.

In terms of overall NRL match experience, Canterbury has 12 members of its current top 30 who have played 30 games or less and five players in the 31 to 50 game group.

Adam Elliott (75), Kerrod Holland (60), Corey Harawira-Naera (67), Joe Stimson (51) and Raymond Faitala-Mariner (65) have played between 51 and 75 matches.

Overall that means 22 of the current 29 players listed in the top 30 who have played under 75 games.

The club has six players who have played more than 100 games and one player who has played over 250 NRL matches.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (116), Sauaso Sue (127), Dylan Napa (142) and Will Hopoate (147) have all played between 100 and 150 games, while Kieran Foran (199) and Josh Jackson (181) are both approaching the 200-game mark.

Aiden Tolman is the only player in the squad to have played more than 200 NRL games with the 31-year old currently sitting on 258 NRL matches across 12 seasons.

The Dragons have the most experienced playing list in the competition with an average of 92 games.

Clubs have until March 1 to name 29 players for the coming season, with the final roster spot to be filled by June 30.

* Please note the average age and games has been taken from the current published top 30 lists.
Wow. What an amazing write up!!! So they headline it with"bulldogs look to youth in 2020", so we all think we will read a crescent article about our youth coming through, but instead they write this shit!!
Reporters really are pathetic these days!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No, they do. Some defenitely argue against Des doing a single good thing and can't even credit him for that.
I don’t. Credit where it’s due.
Part of the Rae/Ray problem was giving him so much power.
Anyway - ancient history.
How many days to Round 1? :-)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I never understood how the Beatles saw the Despot as the prodigal son and welcomed him back. Yeah yeah forgive and forget and all that but no other options? I guess he got them into the 8 last year, but to me the bubble has to burst - he’s got too much form...
Manly still has talent in that team they will probably make the 8 again but not cause of the coach.
Let’s see how manly goes in a couple of years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucking numb nut I’m off my head what about you?
All you do is put the club down, nothing is good enough for you can’t appreciate what the club has done but you praise a scum that’s fucked the club?
Yes, yes you are.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck your a child you must be that spoiled kid that sooks if he doesn’t get what he wants.
Grow up little boy.
Pretty sure you're the one having a sook.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Under Des we made 2 Grandfinals, produced a dally m player of the year and had one of the most exciting seasons in years. People need to stop acting like the entire Des era was all bad.
From memory I am sure you were one of the many people who wanted Des gone mate.